So How Many BCS Championships Did Georgia Tech Win?

Buddy Nix, our GM hired only to "win games", signed undrafted OL Cord Howard out of Georgia Tech after the draft this past week. Cord feels right at home coming to Buffalo, as he said, “I feel like it will be, I’m not going to say easy, because you’ve still got to work wherever you go, but at the same time you’re still comfortable with your setting,” Howard said. “I have my same offensive line coach, my head coach, my offensive coordinator and my strength coach there. So it’s basically being reunited with my beginning.”

Isn't that nice for Cord? However I would have felt better if Georgia Tech might have at least defeated Georgia once during Chan and his gangs' career together there! Great job, Buddy. Nothing like turning down "hundreds of phone calls a day" and ending up hiring half the staff from a college program that was mediocre at best, could not recruit the best athletes from their own state, and never sniffed a conference or national championship. Nothing spells Super Bowl coaching staff like that resume', huh?? :rolleyes:

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/04/29/...l#ixzz0mgtCp8De

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy Nix, our GM hired only to "win games", signed undrafted OL Cord Howard out of Georgia Tech after the draft this past week. Cord feels right at home coming to Buffalo, as he said, “I feel like it will be, I’m not going to say easy, because you’ve still got to work wherever you go, but at the same time you’re still comfortable with your setting,” Howard said. “I have my same offensive line coach, my head coach, my offensive coordinator and my strength coach there. So it’s basically being reunited with my beginning.”

Isn't that nice for Cord? However I would have felt better if Georgia Tech might have at least defeated Georgia once during Chan and his gangs' career together there! Great job, Buddy. Nothing like turning down "hundreds of phone calls a day" and ending up hiring half the staff from a college program that was mediocre at best, could not recruit the best athletes from their own state, and never sniffed a conference or national championship. Nothing spells Super Bowl coaching staff like that resume', huh?? :rolleyes:

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/04/29/...l#ixzz0mgtCp8De

LMAO. Not that I really disagree with anything you say here, but..................................this just occured to you now? You're like 4 months late with this anger. Most of us already exclaimed this, shouted about it, got over it, and renewed (even upgraded) our season tickets by now.

Needless to say, I have no expectations for this team.............................again. But, for some stupid reason, I'll be there again this year.

you have a point, but if they were great football coaches but ****ty recruiters, it doesn't really matter much. College and NFL are different beasts

Living here in Atl and being friends with some Ga Tech boosters, the knock on Chan was that he belonged in the pros. He was much to leinant on the players. Make no mistake he is a great X and Os guy. And at the pros that is what you need. But you are right he was not good at recruiting for the most part, except Calvin johnson. And i am a UGA fan

Gailey would have been a great choice as offensive coordinator. I am at peace with the selection.

But yeah, bringing his whole staff from Ga Tech is a really bad sign. Were those really the best candidates? Did more established coaches not want to work with him?

EXACTLY! And how many years did it take him to get flushed out of the NFL?

College Football and NFL Football are apples and oranges.

Well but Spurrier was a great college coach in FLA, mediocre in SC. Chan was Mediocre at Ga Tech, mostly due to recruiting. In the NFL he wont have to worry about that.

College is all about recruiting. And recruiting is easier at the big programs. The bottom line is that the teams that recruit best win the most in college, and that Georgia has a massive recruiting advantage over Georgia Tech.

While I'm worried (who wouldn't be with last year's record so bad, no new QB, no new LT and a new coaching staff and a new scheme), problems at Georgia Tech don't even come close to my top twenty reasons to worry about the Bills.

short but pointless

this staff is better than the staff we had last year - get over it - really

top to bottom this is a better coaching staff than we had last year - everyone knows this - move on

No it's not, and no we don't know that. Our OL coach was better last year and our STs coach too and most likely our defensive coordinator too. There's a reason he got snapped up by the Giants. Most of this year's coaches we just have no idea about.

No it's not, and no we don't know that. Our OL coach was better last year and our STs coach too and most likely our defensive coordinator too. There's a reason he got snapped up by the Giants. Most of this year's coaches we just have no idea about.

Exactly right. It's not clear that the 2010 staff on the whole is better than last year's. We automatically upgraded at HC once we fired Jauron and Gailey is without a doubt a solid coordinator but much of the rest of the staff has a lot of people in their job for the 1st time at the NFL level or were picked out of cronyism.