Patrick Crayton anyone?

major

Crayton would be a viable option on this team.

Look at his numbers last year as a starter for half the season on the Cowboys. Now tell me what his numbers would have looked like on the Bills last year. He would easily be our 6th receiver behind Evans, Johnson, Hardy, Roscoe (yes Roscoe) and Easley.

Crayton would be a viable option on this team.
He'd immediately be the 2nd-best WR on the team, but I think there will be better choices later in pre-season.... and no, I don't want Roy Williams either. See what Hardy can do first.

Look at his numbers last year as a starter for half the season on the Cowboys. Now tell me what his numbers would have looked like on the Bills last year. He would easily be our 6th receiver behind Evans, Johnson, Hardy, Roscoe (yes Roscoe) and Easley.

As the 4th option in the receiving corp (Austin, Witten and Roy Williams) he out performed everyone on the Bills last year not named TO. Patrick Crayton would start on this team.

Our need at WR is obvious but we don't need another burner. We've got Evans for speed. We need a big, physical possession receiver who can move the chains and make tough catches over the middle.

Crayton's inconsistency is a concern for me. He can be great one game and then disappear for two or three.

Our need at WR is obvious but we don't need another burner. We've got Evans for speed. We need a big, physical possession receiver who can move the chains and make tough catches over the middle.

Crayton's inconsistency is a concern for me. He can be great one game and then disappear for two or three.

Obvious? No, it is not.