Buddy Offers Some Insight On the QBs

yungmack

the operative phrase is "they're inconsistent and up and down." Mostly down given the offensive line, but it seems to me that if they don't cure the inconsistent thing pretty soon it will be lights out for the Bills next season. I happen to think that we are not being fair to either of the two qb's we had last year as the pass protection sucked, change of offensive co-ordinators, firing of Jauron impacted their play. On the other hand I haven't seen anything of any special value in either of them yet either. Let's see what Nix and Gailey do with them, and keep our fingers crossed. They may be justified in giving these guys a real chance to play as opposed to the clusterhump that was last season.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at this year's schedule and tell me which game the Bills have absolutely no/none/zero/nada chance of winning.

Technically, every team has a chance to win every game. But if you look at it realistically, I would not list the Bills as a favorite in any of their games this year, especially at this point since we don't even know how the final roster will shake out.

I think the BIlls are heading in the right direction, but I believe there will be growing pains this year, especially since we don't have a QB on the roster who has proven they can get the job done on a consistent basis.

I do not expect the Bills to win more than 4-5 games and I would not be shocked if they win less. On the plus side, hopefully this will put us in position to finally grab our Franchise QB in next years draft.

the operative phrase is "they're inconsistent and up and down." Mostly down given the offensive line, but it seems to me that if they don't cure the inconsistent thing pretty soon it will be lights out for the Bills next season. I happen to think that we are not being fair to either of the two qb's we had last year as the pass protection sucked, change of offensive co-ordinators, firing of Jauron impacted their play. On the other hand I haven't seen anything of any special value in either of them yet either. Let's see what Nix and Gailey do with them, and keep our fingers crossed. They may be justified in giving these guys a real chance to play as opposed to the clusterhump that was last season.

You know.....you summed it up pretty well.

The QB's had a horrible mess to work with last year, but even so, none of them ever did anything really stand out-ish. You would think that one of 'em would have shown something during the course of the season, that he could hang his hat on.

Sadly, nothing much comes to mind except the negative stuff, and I am NOT going there.

Someone much earlier in this post suggested we quit bitchin' because we haven't seen any of our QB's throw one pass yet with "this" team.

So very true: At the same time, many of us have seen these very same QB's throw any number of passes over the past several seasons. Additionally, many of us subscribe to the theory that the best predictor of tomorrow is yesterday. We also think that if you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I like the fact that they didn't go after a QB in the earlier rounds. For me personally, the only QB worth taking in the early rounds was Sam Bradford. A lot of people wanted the Bills to take Clausen, ...I really didn't see him as a better option than the QB's on the roster now. IMO, I believe Clausen will be an average QB at best in the NFL, similar to how our QB's have performed in their careers up to this point.