mike martz

Corp000085

Yup, Mike Martz (SuperGenius) decided the primary scapegoat for the Buffalo loss should be...... Sean Landeta. Must be there wasn't a mirror handy.

I've been wanting to quote this Dave Staba column all week; here's my chance:

Such a meltdown forced Martz to answer the obvious question -- was firing Bobby April, the new Buffalo special teams coach whom Martz scapegoated for many of his failures since taking over for Dick Vermeil in 2000, really such a good idea?

"They just have good people," Martz said. "Maybe that's the secret."

Maybe, Mike. Or maybe you're a pompous windbag who, despite your delusions of genius, was handed a franchise on the brink of dynasty and guided it into the septic tank of mediocrity, making some of the dumbest decisions in recent league history along the way.

Buffalo's Special Teams Reduce Rams To Tears

I read (on a Rams board) that April was blowing kisses in the general direction of Martz after Clements' TD return. I only hope that was true..... :w00t:

Yup, Mike Martz (SuperGenius) decided the primary scapegoat for the Buffalo loss should be...... Sean Landeta. Must be there wasn't a mirror handy.

I've been wanting to quote this Dave Staba column all week; here's my chance:

I read (on a Rams board) that April was blowing kisses in the general direction of Martz after Clements' TD return. I only hope that was true..... :w00t:

138838[/snapback]

believe it, I was there :doh:

So he's toast - throw him on the pile with Wanny, Mike Holmgren, Butch Davis, and Dennis Erickson. That's a pretty high-profile list right now. Plus, there are rumors ( don't really belive them) about Gibbs and Parcells after their busting seasons. Tough year to be a high profile coach.

P.S. Jon Gruden.

Yup, Mike Martz (SuperGenius) decided the primary scapegoat for the Buffalo loss should be...... Sean Landeta.

omg, please tell me he didn't cut Landeta for averaging 40yrds/punt at the Ralph in late November :lol:

And please do tell me Bobby April was blowing him kisses while Clements was running through the dregs of his roster :D

omg, please tell me he didn't cut Landeta for averaging 40yrds/punt at the Ralph in late November  :lol:

And please do tell me Bobby April was blowing him kisses while Clements was running through the dregs of his roster  :D

138923[/snapback]

I prefer to think he blames him for not catching Nate. :lol:

I hope April is here for a LONG time.

omg, please tell me he didn't cut Landeta for averaging 40yrds/punt at the Ralph in late November  :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhh yes he did - some kid by the name of Kevin Stemke is punting for them tonight.

Rams give Landeta the boot, bring in Stemke

And please do tell me Bobby April was blowing him kisses while Clements was running through the dregs of his roster  :D

138923[/snapback]

I ended up sitting up in the club seats last week, so I can't confirm or deny that. But here's the original thread from the Rams board... believe it or don't, probably no proof one way or the other:

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=212752

While I'm on a link-hunt, you might enjoy this one as well....

In sizing up Rams, buck must stop at Martz's desk - Bernie Miklasz, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

I wonder why he'll claim he needed to call another one right after it?

What a complete freaking mess.

And thanx for the links Lori. April is a couple bulbs short of a chandelier I don't doubt for a second that he was fooling with Martz during the game.

Man, I can't imagine what it must be like having to play for that tool.

How bad of a coach do you have to be to actually have fans from other teams hate you....for how idiotic you are?

Seriously, normally I hate opposing players and coaches because they beat us consistantly.

I hate Martz just because he's a moron.

That was nice call he sent in on the fake field goal. they could have kicked a 42 yard field goal and made it a one possesion game, but he wanted to watch one of his pathetic trickery plays backfire. After watching this game I cam honestly say he is pretty bad.

I'm sitting quietly because I know the 2 idiots I chastized last week for defending that toadstool are currently bathing in each other's bile because they know they have to face me on Sunday.

Life is good.

138980[/snapback]

You need to take them a photo printout of Georgia Frontierre with an intimate signature from Martz ;-)

Martz with another stunning trick-play fake field goal that fooled exactly 0 Packers. He's a friggin' genius I tell ya.

138974[/snapback]

No he isn't. He's a SuperGenius. :lol:

My best friend is a Rams fan. He's actually to the point of hoping they lose the rest of their games this year, just so they can get rid of MadMike.....