Faneca Signed w/ Arizona

Ex-Steeler coaches. Makes sense.

That's the only way it makes sense. The Cards are back to being cellar dwellers after losing Warner, Boldin, and Dansby, and $2.5M isn't a lot of money for a guy like him.

Really solid move by the Cards they have two solid running backs and a QB situation that is in question. They need an upgrade along the O-line as far as running the ball goes. Faneca might not be much of a pass rusher anymore but the guy is still a very good run blocker and the Cards need to run the ball better.

Honestly my analysis of the Cards is that they are a team in flux. The QB situation needs at least a year to pan out and the rest of the team has lost and gained talent in different areas.

The D lost Dansby and Rolle but gained Porter and Kerry Rhodes as well as Dan Williams and Washington in the draft. Now the Offense not only lost Warner but they also traded Bolden. Which leads me to believe that they are focusing on the D. Williams is the new anchor, Rhodes helps to replace Rolle, Porter and Washington help out the LB core. A better D plus a power running game should put their new QB in a less compromised position.

Really solid move by the Cards they have two solid running backs and a QB situation that is in question. They need an upgrade along the O-line as far as running the ball goes. Faneca might not be much of a pass rusher anymore but the guy is still a very good run blocker and the Cards need to run the ball better.

Honestly my analysis of the Cards is that they are a team in flux. The QB situation needs at least a year to pan out and the rest of the team has lost and gained talent in different areas.

The D lost Dansby and Rolle but gained Porter and Kerry Rhodes as well as Dan Williams and Washington in the draft. Now the Offense not only lost Warner but they also traded Bolden. Which leads me to believe that they are focusing on the D. Williams is the new anchor, Rhodes helps to replace Rolle, Porter and Washington help out the LB core. A better D plus a power running game should put their new QB in a less compromised position.

Nice summary. They are probably going to be like the Steeler teams Wisenhunt coached in Pittsburgh. Win with defense, ball control offense, and limit the amount of plays your QBs makes.

As great as Warner was and how unspecial Leinart has looked so far, I won't count out the Cards from being a playoff team.

Any idea why the Jets cut him? And any idea why we never made any mention about going after him before the Cardinals agreed to terms with him? We keep worrying about our o-line and yet a solid veteran was basically sitting out there for the taking. I don't remember him under-performing but maybe he did and I just completely missed it. Are we worried about how much we'd have to pay him? He was upset about getting cut by the Jets so I would think he'd jump at the opportunity to play them twice a year even if it's with us.

Any idea why the Jets cut him? And any idea why we never made any mention about going after him before the Cardinals agreed to terms with him? We keep worrying about our o-line and yet a solid veteran was basically sitting out there for the taking. I don't remember him under-performing but maybe he did and I just completely missed it. Are we worried about how much we'd have to pay him? He was upset about getting cut by the Jets so I would think he'd jump at the opportunity to play them twice a year even if it's with us.

They cut him cause he is old and his play was declining, the Jets had a young guy that theyfeel is ready to take his place so he was cut.

The Bills are in full rebuild mode and have 2 starting young guards that need more time and experience on the field, and he probably has no interest in becoming a backup

The Jets cut Faneca mostly for financial reasons. He was due $7.5 million this year. When they were able to secure Ducasse in the draft, that sealed Faneca's fate. Faneca also refused to take a pay cut.

As far as the Bills, we drafted two guards high in the draft last year. In addition, more NFL teams are taking slightly under-talented tackles and making them guards...just as they are taking 4-3 DTs and turning them into 3-4 DEs.

The Bills 7th round tackle, Calloway, is being moved to guard.

Guard is not really a position of need on this team. No need to spend money on a guard.

Especially when the team is still looking for a veteran tackle.