How are some of you Bills fans?

boyst

I don't know. The move to a 3-4is confusing and no gaurantee that our run stopping or overall defense will improve. We are going to a 3-4 without the personnel to manage it and "retooling" players not meant to be in those positions. Sounds dopey to me.

OT has been a major issue for years. We didn't really address either. Green has been no great shakes at Oakland (OAKLAND???!!) and Wang didn't hang around to the fift round of the draft because he was so good. Trade up for Okung or go with Davis would have made alot of sense.

Spread offense? Again trying to take existing personnel to do something they just haven't been able to do.

This seems dopey..but hey..as long as they get nine wins I'll be happy. Incidentally I wasn't dopey..I was grumpy!

This post definitely hit home. These are the same things that we have heard and said many times over the past decade plus.

All this being said, Artie has a good point. It is the role of a true fan to believe. Without belief, why watch them and cheer them on? Don't you have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon than watch and cheer on a team that you fully expect to lose? Faith is an important part of my definition of being a fan. It is the one thing that has held me together while watching this team the past 25 years.

Don't get me wrong, I still live and die by the Bills (although the dying is killing me!). I'll still watch every game and yell and scream and make a fool of myself. I'll work hard to find 3 hours a week to steal away from my family and be a fan. I'll still pray that I get to see the team win the Super Bowl. BUT.....I'm not going to say any of the things on that list. It's time for action - the Bills have to SHOW me something. If that means that people question whether I'm a fan they go go take a flying leap - I've been a diehard fan longer than some of those folks have been alive......(my guess is that those people haven't suffered long enough to become like me)

And why do you think that isn't likely? Seems to me that since Nix came back to the Bills (with last years draft, and overhauling the scouting department) the team is already better off. There was no magic in what Polian did: find the best players (in spite of what the draft pundits say), get the right coaches in place and you win. The problem since Butler left was that the Bills did a poor job of scouting/drafting/coaching. I think those days are over.

Look, the odds of making, let alone winning, the Super Bowl again are long. I mean, how many teams have never made it. There are franchises that haven't even made the playoffs.

Since Polian and Levy, the golden age of this team, there has been regime change after regime change, and they all say the same thing at the beginning - they have a plan, they're going to stick their plan, and their plan will suceed. Great. Except we wouldn't be on coach #X and GM #Y if they actually had.

Before my expectations, hopes and dreams rise, I need to see this team on the field. I need a year of Chan Gailey's offense, of the new 3-4, to wrap my head around it all.

I don't think I'm worn down and bitter, I'm just not getting my hopes up before we even get to the rookie camp.

How is it there are posts that say there will be no wins next year, posts saying our front office is full of morons, posts saying our draft was awful, posts saying how bad our roster is for xxx position?

I am tired of reading along a new thread and seeing where someone starts a good conversation than someone replying with a post that without support, logic, thought, or anything that just simply says how bad we are.

I really believe that some of the posters here are so negative and pessimist that they probably drive down the high way and see their car on empty. Instead of filling the gas up to keep driving they probably think, "oh heck, it'll just run through the gas again if I put more in, I'll just keep going on empty." It's worse than those idiots on TV who always rant about how bad our government is and how so much is screwed up without getting in to their beliefs or giving a way to fix the problem in general!

I gues my point is, how do you people consider yourself Bills fans? What pleasure do you get out of the game when you're always looking at how bad the team is? Personally, I know we are not such a good team and have problems! But, I absolutely love to see the Bills try to fix the problem, seeing them try to put the puzzle together, than us analyze the moves.

May the 2010 Buffalo Bills season bring us all more optimism!!!

Ya know.....some people here would B word if they got hung with a brand new rope. It's just the nature of some people. They breathe, therefore they B word. I've done my fair share of it and fully reserve the right to do a lot more, if it's justified. It's pretty hard to justify bitching about guys who haven't even signed a contract yet, let alone walked out onto the field.

How is it there are posts that say there will be no wins next year, posts saying our front office is full of morons, posts saying our draft was awful, posts saying how bad our roster is for xxx position?

I am tired of reading along a new thread and seeing where someone starts a good conversation than someone replying with a post that without support, logic, thought, or anything that just simply says how bad we are.

I really believe that some of the posters here are so negative and pessimist that they probably drive down the high way and see their car on empty. Instead of filling the gas up to keep driving they probably think, "oh heck, it'll just run through the gas again if I put more in, I'll just keep going on empty." It's worse than those idiots on TV who always rant about how bad our government is and how so much is screwed up without getting in to their beliefs or giving a way to fix the problem in general!

I gues my point is, how do you people consider yourself Bills fans? What pleasure do you get out of the game when you're always looking at how bad the team is? Personally, I know we are not such a good team and have problems! But, I absolutely love to see the Bills try to fix the problem, seeing them try to put the puzzle together, than us analyze the moves.

Only fools see gold when they are looking at a pile of S$%& ! The Bills are a long way off from being a playoff team. They are a ways off from being 8-8 as well. Actually they most likely took a step backwards this off-season. Switching Coaching personnel, team philosophy, and to a 3-4 defense will be challenging. When your team philospophy is to build through the

draft you better hit on most of your picks! Although early to evaluate it's easy to see that the Bills only drafted one immediate impact player in this draft...and that was at a position that was getting adequate (not great) production. Although, C.J. Spiller is a potentially great player at RB...So was O.J. Simpson (even though most people don't talk about him much...due to his post-nfl circumstances) and Barry Sanders for the Detroit Lions. Because of a lack of quality and depth on both of those teams they would get great production out of the running game, but offer little more! The "true" impact position would have been at QB and secondarily Offensive Left Tackle. The Bills didn't fill those voids adequately!

Getting some guy Wang Chung or whomever...lol...and Levi Brown in the 7th round! Should we be happy with that??? How many 7th rounders end up being eventual starters in the NFL??? It's about 2% !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7th round QB's is even less !

Do I draft a player at one of my biggest positions of need in the 7th round?? Well maybe if you sit in a circle, sing a little

kum bah yah and watch Alice in Wonderland each morning and talk about what a wonderful world it is in the Bills circle

of football !!!! But, honestly the past 10 years has been drudgery! and the Bills need to realize that "true" Buffalo Bills

fans are not going to sit on their hands, smile and say that the Bills are a good team, or on the right road to becoming a

good team. Even though the Bills have been on the wrong road for over a decade don't think that Buffalo fans don't fill up their gas tanks when they need to. First of all...that has to be one of the most ridiculous analogies that I have hear in a long time. It's just doesn't make sense as if your car can't run without gasoline (if it's not battery operated etc..) Meanwhile, the Bills gas tank has been running close to empty for many years. They bring in T.O. last year to keep the fans coming! This year they haven't added anything of excitement other than Spiller, and he's just a rookie and won't initially help ticket sales much. Anyone that thinks this organization is evolving into a winner isn't an educated fan. I also

would love to see the Bills organization try to fix the problems, but structurally this team is inferior and until they make some changes with the people on top this organization will languish. The first step that I would take if I was the Bills CEO would be to release Tom Modrak of all his duties. His involvement in the draft has been dismal at best over the past decade. I would also add competent people to my scouting teams as it's evident that the Bills are lacking in that capacity. The laundry list of changes I would make would be extensive. I'm not going to keep my voice quiet just because somebody thinks a lot of Bills fans whine or complain. We have earned that right as a Bills fan and if you've been a Bills fan for the past 10 years and can look at this team with rosy glasses...more power to you! But, me, in the image of Chuck Dickerson the coach...I'm going to call'em as I see them..and the Bills get a Smelly Jockstrap for this off-season's free agency and the draft! Even though it's early I am predicting that the Bills will be 5-11 and that may be gracious considering that most teams that switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 defense only win 2-4 games the initial year of the switch.

Who Loves ya Baby? :)

Don't confuse frustration, disappointment and disgust for pessimism.

Even though it's early I am predicting that the Bills will be 5-11 and that may be gracious considering that most teams that switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 defense only win 2-4 games the initial year of the switch.

Didn't Denver switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4? They really turned around their defense last year quickly (And they were like 6-0 before imploding)

Cinci also dramatically turned around its defense in one year (though I think that they weren't a 3-4).

Personally, I think it's moronic to "grade" a draft. You can't do that for at least 3-5 years of these guys being in the league. For example, when the Raiders cut JaMarcus Russell this week, can you call their draft from 2007 a bust? They also got Zach Miller, Johnny Lee Higgins and bunch of other guys who have contributed. But their big pick didn't land.

If Spiller ends up being KiJana Carter, but Carrington turns into Justin Tuck, are we going to complain? Just saying, no point in getting bent out of shape about something that hasn't happened yet.

Didn't Denver switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4? They really turned around their defense last year quickly (And they were like 6-0 before imploding)

It helps when your DC is Mike Nolan, who may not be a great HC, but can coach and scheme the 3-4 quite effectively. Buffalo has a first time DC who's never been more than a position coach in the NFL.

The entire coaching staff, save DeHaven, Sanders, and Catavolos, is quite inexperienced in their current positions. That includes the HC.

It helps when your DC is Mike Nolan, who may not be a great HC, but can coach and scheme the 3-4 quite effectively. Buffalo has a first time DC who's never been more than a position coach in the NFL.

The entire coaching staff, save DeHaven, Sanders, and Catavolos, is quite inexperienced in their current positions. That includes the HC.

Gailey has been a head coach for 2 years in the pros and 5 years at a major college program. The 2 Super Bowl coaches had never been NFL head coaches and Caldwell was a terrible college coach.

Well said, couldn't agree with you more. People on this board have commented on my mere 500 posts even though I've been a member here for 7 years now, what you're describing is a big part of the reason for that. The older members of the board don't act in this manner but when I joined we were 400+ , now we're over 10,000+ members strong. Progress I guess? The predominant feel of the board however, is mostly negative :lol:

The last 10 years may have had a bit to do with that.

Only fools see gold when they are looking at a pile of S$%& ! The Bills are a long way off from being a playoff team. They are a ways off from being 8-8 as well. Actually they most likely took a step backwards this off-season. Switching Coaching personnel, team philosophy, and to a 3-4 defense will be challenging. When your team philospophy is to build through the

draft you better hit on most of your picks! Although early to evaluate it's easy to see that the Bills only drafted one immediate impact player in this draft...and that was at a position that was getting adequate (not great) production. Although, C.J. Spiller is a potentially great player at RB...So was O.J. Simpson (even though most people don't talk about him much...due to his post-nfl circumstances) and Barry Sanders for the Detroit Lions. Because of a lack of quality and depth on both of those teams they would get great production out of the running game, but offer little more! The "true" impact position would have been at QB and secondarily Offensive Left Tackle. The Bills didn't fill those voids adequately!

Getting some guy Wang Chung or whomever...lol...and Levi Brown in the 7th round! Should we be happy with that??? How many 7th rounders end up being eventual starters in the NFL??? It's about 2% !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7th round QB's is even less !

Do I draft a player at one of my biggest positions of need in the 7th round?? Well maybe if you sit in a circle, sing a little

kum bah yah and watch Alice in Wonderland each morning and talk about what a wonderful world it is in the Bills circle

of football !!!! But, honestly the past 10 years has been drudgery! and the Bills need to realize that "true" Buffalo Bills

fans are not going to sit on their hands, smile and say that the Bills are a good team, or on the right road to becoming a

good team. Even though the Bills have been on the wrong road for over a decade don't think that Buffalo fans don't fill up their gas tanks when they need to. First of all...that has to be one of the most ridiculous analogies that I have hear in a long time. It's just doesn't make sense as if your car can't run without gasoline (if it's not battery operated etc..) Meanwhile, the Bills gas tank has been running close to empty for many years. They bring in T.O. last year to keep the fans coming! This year they haven't added anything of excitement other than Spiller, and he's just a rookie and won't initially help ticket sales much. Anyone that thinks this organization is evolving into a winner isn't an educated fan. I also

would love to see the Bills organization try to fix the problems, but structurally this team is inferior and until they make some changes with the people on top this organization will languish. The first step that I would take if I was the Bills CEO would be to release Tom Modrak of all his duties. His involvement in the draft has been dismal at best over the past decade. I would also add competent people to my scouting teams as it's evident that the Bills are lacking in that capacity. The laundry list of changes I would make would be extensive. I'm not going to keep my voice quiet just because somebody thinks a lot of Bills fans whine or complain. We have earned that right as a Bills fan and if you've been a Bills fan for the past 10 years and can look at this team with rosy glasses...more power to you! But, me, in the image of Chuck Dickerson the coach...I'm going to call'em as I see them..and the Bills get a Smelly Jockstrap for this off-season's free agency and the draft! Even though it's early I am predicting that the Bills will be 5-11 and that may be gracious considering that most teams that switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 defense only win 2-4 games the initial year of the switch.

Who Loves ya Baby? :P

BRAVO! It doesn't mean you are less of a fan for speaking to the blatantly obvious. Thanks for your post. Agree 100%