2010 Schedule - Where are the Wins?

1) Dolphins at Bills (fair chance)

2) Bills at Packers (very low)

3) Bills at Patriots (very low)

4) Jets at Bills (low)

They better hope to win opening day, or they could easily start 0-4. I think 1-3 is about the expectation here.

5) Jaguars at Bills (fair)

6) Bills at Ravens (very low)

7) Bills at Chiefs (fair)

8) Bears at Bills (fair)

This is the stretch of the schedule where after their terrible start, they may win a few games and trick you into getting your hopes up. I think 2-2 is a reasonable expectation here.

9) Lions at Bills (fair/good)

10) Bills at Bengals (fair)

11) Steelers at Bills (low)

12) Bills at Vikings (low)

Another couple winable games here, I'll give them 2-2.

14) Browns at Bills (fair/good)

15) Bills at Dolphins (low/fair)

16) Patriots at Bills (very low)

17) Bills at Jets (very low)

If they are somehow in any sort of unlikely wild card contention near the end of the season, those brutal two finishing games will end all hope. I think 1-3 is a fair expectation here.

Overall it looks like they could go 6-10. Maybe 5-11.

Bad enough to be completely irrelevant, but not quite bad enough to get a top draft pick and a real chance at the number one QB prospect.

Just like every other season.

This year's schedule, particularly on the road, appears at this point to be unusually tough. Within the division, though, there are a lot of unknowns. The Jets were a whisper away from not even making the playoffs -- did everyone suddenly forget Indy "gave up" and Cincy was playing out the string? They added a bunch of veterans (LT, Cromartie, Taylor) whose impact will be questionable at best, and how long does Ryan's schtick last before becoming stale? The Dolphins still have Henne at QB -- does that scare anyone? The Pats* were anything but dominant last season, and merely edged the Bills twice.

It is so tough to predict wins and losses right now -- particularly when the Bills are likely to have a number of new starters and we have no idea how they'll adapt to new offensive and defensive schemes. Buffalo had a decent running attack last season despite OL troubles, and have added Spiller to the mix. The coach is someone who has previously created offense where there appeared to be none (Thigpen). I'm not crazy about the Bills' QB quartet going into camp, either, but I'll reserve judgment until I see Gailey's schemes in action.

There are a tremendous number of "ifs" that need to fall into place for the Bills to be competitive -- the return of injured starters, the impact of rookies and 2nd year players, new schemes, etc. -- and a dose of healthy skepticism is in order. Still, my optimistic nature prevents me from making a gloom and doom prediction, and I plan to be at the Ralph on September 12 with my circa 90s' "F**k Miami" t-shirt for all to see. :wallbash:

4) Jets at Bills (low)

They better hope to win opening day, or they could easily start 0-4. I think 1-3 is about the expectation here.

8) Bears at Bills (fair)

This is the stretch of the schedule where after their terrible start, they may win a few games and trick you into getting your hopes up. I think 2-2 is a reasonable expectation here.

If they are somehow in any sort of unlikely wild card contention near the end of the season, those brutal two finishing games will end all hope. I think 1-3 is a fair expectation here.

Bad enough to be completely irrelevant, but not quite bad enough to get a top draft pick and a real chance at the number one QB prospect.

You're right. It is so easy to tell how teams are going to play this year right after the draft because teams play the same every year. Bills shouldn't even play this year and we shouldn't even watch. Thanks for the info.

4) Jets at Bills (low)

8) Bears at Bills (fair)

Usual lack of optimism post on this board.

1) Dolphins at Bills - W

2) Bills at Packers - W

3) Bills at Patriots - L

4) Jets at Bills - L

5) Jaguars at Bills - W

6) BYE

7) Bills at Ravens - L

7) Bills at Chiefs - W

8) Bears at Bills - L

9) Lions at Bills - W

10) Bills at Bengals - W

11) Steelers at Bills - L

12) Bills at Vikings - L

14) Browns at Bills - W

15) Bills at Dolphins - W

16) Patriots at Bills - L

17) Bills at Jets - W

I have the Bills at 9-7. Mainly because we'll sneak some out in the early part of the season and when youth gains experience pull out some tough wins in the later part of the season.

People have to remember that this team MAY have been 2-3 games better than they were last year if it wasn't for all of the injuries.

2010 Schedule - Where are the Wins?

There are none

Don't even have the courage of your own convictions, do ya?

Jees, If you're going to be a pessimist - don't do it half assed - go all the way!

judging from the critiques of their post season/pre draft moves and our wiser course of action of sitting on our hands I consider the two games against the jets and dolphins in the bank. Lions and Chiefs and Bears should be a piece of cake with Spiller running unhampered by having a decent offensive line ahead of him. Jaguars foolishly drafted a qb so their down...I think we have a minimum of eight wins and split with New England gives us nine....Hence we keep Nix and company!!! GO BILLS>>>>>>

IDIOTS!!! You're matching last year's team against last years team. If you're playing Madden, maybe the result is predictable. Some teams go from 3 wins to 9 wins. Some go in reverse. People get hurt. Geez...it's freakin' April and people have the draft already graded as a C+ (or whatever!) and our record at 4-12 (or whatever!).

I don't see this upcoming season quite so grim, and I can be very pessimistic about the Bills at times, and even lowered my expectations for the guys on the ice too. Can you blame anyone around here, 90 sports seasons combined, and no Cup, and no Lombardi trophy, but I don't see this team losing as many games as last year, simply due to athlete conditioning, it has to get better with dickie-poo gone, and possibly least-mode relegated to towel boy. I'm not going to pick which games they'll win, but 9-7 isn't so hard to believe, and I think Trent is just cautious enough to get this team to that record, but his lack of aggressiveness in his game will never get you any further(See Chad Pennington).

I really don't give 2 watery sh1ts what Miami and the Jets have done in the off-season, if some of these players they have added were worth anything, they would have been retained(See every piece of washed up crap obtained from the insanely over-rated Chargers)

Hey, maybe I've lowered my expectations due to the mind numbing dickie-poo era, but i think better coaching decisions by a better coaching staff, better game-time preparation, and some infusion of talent, this team cannot possibly be worse than last year. Lets not blow the very fortunate season the Jets had last year out of proportion, they simply aren't exactly that good, and I don't see them as the team to beat in our division at all. They'll be tough, just like last year, but I don't see them as better, and Miami, come on. If everyone thinks we can't win without a high caliber QB, what makes everyone around here think Miami will with their Bum?

That's my take, and yes I was still wishing we would have hired Cowher, but that ship has sailed.

Here's how I see it...

September 12th Miami at Buffalo W

September 19th Buffalo at Green Bay W

September 26th Buffalo at New England W

October 3rd New York Jets at Buffalo W

October 10th Jacksonville at Buffalo W

October 17 Bye

October 24th Bufalo at Baltimore W

October 31st Buffalo at Kansas City W

November 7th Chicago vs. Bills at Toronto W

November 14th Detroit at Buffalo W

November 21st Buffalo at Cincinnati W

November 28th Pittsburgh at Buffalo W

December 5th Buffalo at Minnesota W

December 12th Cleveland at Buffalo W

December 19th Buffalo at Miami W

December 26th New England at Buffalo W

January 2nd Buffalo at New York Jets W

January 15th/16th AFC Divisional Playoff Game W

January 23rd AFC Conference Championship W

February 6th Superbowl 45 W

19 and 0 baby!!! :wallbash:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :wallbash:

You're right. It is so easy to tell how teams are going to play this year right after the draft because teams play the same every year. Bills shouldn't even play this year and we shouldn't even watch. Thanks for the info.

You are having trouble dealing with the facts, it appears. Bills viewing this year should be limited mainly to home games against similar, division 2, "minor league" nfl teams. Otherwise, many a sunday will be wasted and frustrating. I think the original poster was correct. Sad, but correct. The Bills are bad, the staff and schemes are brand new, and the players are either adjusting to new positions and schemes or are rookies. the schedule is brutal. do the math, this season will be a nightmare, just like last year. sucks, but it is very difficult to argue any other way... go ahead, be a fan, that's great, the Bills still exist because of fans like that. 2011 will be the year things probably start turning around. The draft told me these guys are looking at a 3-5 year plan to get the franchise competitive again. Same as they did in San Diego. So don't look for anything great in 2010.

IDIOTS!!! You're matching last year's team against last years team. If you're playing Madden, maybe the result is predictable. Some teams go from 3 wins to 9 wins. Some go in reverse. People get hurt. Geez...it's freakin' April and people have the draft already graded as a C+ (or whatever!) and our record at 4-12 (or whatever!).

:wallbash: :wallbash: :w00t:

You are having trouble dealing with the facts, it appears. Bills viewing this year should be limited mainly to home games against similar, division 2, "minor league" nfl teams. Otherwise, many a sunday will be wasted and frustrating. I think the original poster was correct. Sad, but correct. The Bills are bad, the staff and schemes are brand new, and the players are either adjusting to new positions and schemes or are rookies. the schedule is brutal. do the math, this season will be a nightmare, just like last year. sucks, but it is very difficult to argue any other way... go ahead, be a fan, that's great, the Bills still exist because of fans like that. 2011 will be the year things probably start turning around. The draft told me these guys are looking at a 3-5 year plan to get the franchise competitive again. Same as they did in San Diego. So don't look for anything great in 2010.

Dear lord the doom and gloom. Face it the Bills had a ton of injuries last year throughout the team. No one expected wood and levitre to play well at all, more doom and gloom from last year and they played great.

No one here knows crap about what's really going to happen and since that is a fact, go with the positive side.

Usual lack of optimism post on this board.

1) Dolphins at Bills - W

2) Bills at Packers - W

3) Bills at Patriots - L

4) Jets at Bills - L

5) Jaguars at Bills - W

6) BYE

7) Bills at Ravens - L

7) Bills at Chiefs - W

8) Bears at Bills - L

9) Lions at Bills - W

10) Bills at Bengals - W

11) Steelers at Bills - L

12) Bills at Vikings - L

14) Browns at Bills - W

15) Bills at Dolphins - W

16) Patriots at Bills - L

17) Bills at Jets - W

I have the Bills at 9-7. Mainly because we'll sneak some out in the early part of the season and when youth gains experience pull out some tough wins in the later part of the season.

People have to remember that this team MAY have been 2-3 games better than they were last year if it wasn't for all of the injuries.

I like the optimism, although I think if you are going to be this optimistic you have to give us a win against the Pats. If we really are a surprise team I think we'll be especially motivated to play them and they really aren't the team they once were.

I still contend that there is NO WAY this team, or any team for that matter can be worse than a Dick Jauron coached team. Simply not mathematically possible.

I would not have been surprised if Dick Jauron would have taken a knee by mistake on a last drive in a come-from-behind game.

I look at it very simply:

Bears do Bear stuff

Bees do Bee stuff

Dick Jauron loses games

Hell, this guy couldn't even win as many games in a season as Kay frickin Stephenson. Lets all agree that this season coming up has the potential to be fun to watch at times, but lets not get crazy about a playoff run, although the 19-0 prediction gave me a good laugh. :wallbash:

I thought I was being generous at 6-10. It's much more likely to be worse than that then it is to be better.

Hey, anything can happen, and you're prediction is probably more correct than mine, but I'll just say that it seems more likely that with a healthier team next year, and some bolstering of a few positions, and a coach that doesn't resemble skeletor, it's not too hard to imagine 7-9, 8-8, or even..... dare i say it.... 9-7. Take a look at last year, that poorly coached team literally threw 3 games away, and I think this years team has the potential to be much better than last years squad.

I'm at the very least interested in this upcoming season where last year i knew this team was going to tank, called a 5-11 finish on this board somewhere, and was not far off. The dismissal of jauron alone gives me hope, even if the roster stood at the same group as last year.

There are recent examples of teams turning it around in the win/loss department by as many as 10 wins in a season. In fact, the turnover in the NFL is so great that the playoffs see, I believe, on average of half the spots taken by new teams every year. Players get hurt. Not only do we have a large number of players coming back from injury to add to our F.A. signings and rookies, but we've got new coaches and new systems. Look at what Green Bay did in one season with their switch on defense.

So, although I think this year is a "lets see what we have and go from there" year - and most coaches and G.M.'s would take that approach - Look at Denver last year, we could field a competitive team that plays teams tough, that wins some games that people didn't think we'd win, and that finishes, as they say, "on the rise".

An afterthought, though, is that it does suck that every year we finish not good enough for the playoffs but too good for the franchise QB's. So, if we are drafting in the middle again next year I just hope they'll trade whatever - all their picks, if need be, to merely secure a good LT and franchise QB. I'd call that a successful draft.

1) Dolphins at Bills (fair chance) i'm thinkin we can split the divisioni will say 2-2 here

2) Bills at Packers (very low) this is a winnable game

4) Jets at Bills (low)

5) Jaguars at Bills (fair) i see a 3-1 or 2-2 here but no less

8) Bears at Bills (fair)

11) Steelers at Bills (low) pitt is moving towards a finesse team, more passing, which plays to our strength, I think we have a good chance to win this game

If things really fall in our favor, I can see 12 wins, but we do have a legit shot at 10 wins if our run defense improves and we can get more out of our offense (with chan and spiller, i'm confident we can)

best case:12-4

worst case 7-9