What else is new?

How do you know this? They haven't played a single down in the NFL, let alone been to minicamp or training camp. Nix is a top flight talent evaluator, proven thru numerous drafts in San Diego. No offense, but if there is a discrepancy between who you think is good and who Nix thinks is good, I would side with Nix 1000 times out of 1000.

That is true. However, Nix's drafts have been progressively worse (I am looking at rds 2+). Granted 2004 was simply amazing (and somehow he passed on Losman in '04).

Rnd Name College Note

1 Craig Davis Louisiana State

2 Eric Weddle Utah

3 Anthony Waters Clemson

4 Scott Chandler Iowa

5 Legedu Naanee Boise State

7 Brandon Siler Florida

Rnd Name College Note

1 Antonio Cromartie Florida State

2 Marcus McNeill Auburn

3 Charlie Whitehurst Clemson

5 Tim Dobbins Iowa State

6 Jeromey Clary Kansas State

6 Kurt Smith Virginia

7 Chase Page North Carolina

7 Jimmy Martin Virginia Tech

Rnd Name College Note

1 Shawne Merriman Maryland

1 Luis Castillo Northwestern

2 Vincent Jackson Northern Colorado

4 Darren Sproles Kansas State

5 Wesley Britt Alabama

6 Wes Sims Oklahoma

7 Scott Mruczkowski Bowling Green

Rnd Name College Note

1 Eli Manning Mississippi (=philip rivers)

2 Igor Olshansky Oregon

3 Nate Kaeding Iowa

3 Nick Hardwick Purdue

4 Shaun Phillips Purdue

5 Dave Ball UCLA

5 Michael Turner Northern Illinois

6 Ryan Krause Nebraska-Omaha

7 Ryon Bingham Nebraska

7 Shane Olivea Ohio State

7 Carlos Joseph Miami (FL)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for some background, walterfootball has been singing the praises of Jimmy Clausen all off-season and saying he should be the #1 pick over Sam Bradford. Looks like he was a tiny bit off.

I care could less of what walterfootball says. It's one of the worse football sites out there IMHO.

Couple of examples:

He mentions the Pats did nothing but draft a bunch average players. Their grade? B :wallbash:

And from the Carolina summary:

"Carolina got the No. 5 player on my board and a legitimate franchise quarterback in Clausen at No. 48 overall. This was highway robbery, but I really feel like if they wanted Clausen badly they would have moved up for him.

Here's a concept, maybe Carolina could not justify moving up to grab Clausen. Know what? They were right!

That is true. However, Nix's drafts have been progressively worse (I am looking at rds 2+). Granted 2004 was simply amazing (and somehow he passed on Losman in '04).

Rnd Name College Note

1 Craig Davis Louisiana State

2 Eric Weddle Utah

3 Anthony Waters Clemson

4 Scott Chandler Iowa

5 Legedu Naanee Boise State

7 Brandon Siler Florida

Rnd Name College Note

1 Antonio Cromartie Florida State

2 Marcus McNeill Auburn

3 Charlie Whitehurst Clemson

5 Tim Dobbins Iowa State

6 Jeromey Clary Kansas State

6 Kurt Smith Virginia

7 Chase Page North Carolina

7 Jimmy Martin Virginia Tech

Rnd Name College Note

1 Shawne Merriman Maryland

1 Luis Castillo Northwestern

2 Vincent Jackson Northern Colorado

4 Darren Sproles Kansas State

5 Wesley Britt Alabama

6 Wes Sims Oklahoma

7 Scott Mruczkowski Bowling Green

Rnd Name College Note

1 Eli Manning Mississippi (=philip rivers)

2 Igor Olshansky Oregon

3 Nate Kaeding Iowa

3 Nick Hardwick Purdue

4 Shaun Phillips Purdue

5 Dave Ball UCLA

5 Michael Turner Northern Illinois

6 Ryan Krause Nebraska-Omaha

7 Ryon Bingham Nebraska

7 Shane Olivea Ohio State

7 Carlos Joseph Miami (FL)

I see somehow you left Marcus McNeil's name unbolded, even though he is considered one of the best Left tackles in the game now...Darren Sproles was a pretty good freaking pick in the 4th round...he has been a dynamic player for San Diego

Anyone can be a sports writer. Have you ever seen these guys in person? I guarantee that 99% of these guys didn't even play a sport in high school. They no zero about a life based on physical and mental competition or even accountability for what they print.

I have. Allen Wilson played football in college. Tim Graham was a WR in high school, but I believe he ran track instead at B-W. Oh, and BuffNews sportswriter Amy Moritz finished the Ironman 70.3 Texas on Sunday. (On the other hand, you'd be absolutely correct about me.)

None of which has anything to do with the tone of Jerry Sullivan's columns.

I have. Allen Wilson played football in college. Tim Graham was a WR in high school, but I believe he ran track instead at B-W. Oh, and BuffNews sportswriter Amy Moritz finished the Ironman 70.3 Texas on Sunday. (On the other hand, you'd be absolutely correct about me.)

None of which has anything to do with the tone of Jerry Sullivan's columns.

Sat next to Allen Wilson flying back from the NE road game 2 years back - one of my more uncomfortable flights in recent memory...they really should make the guy pay for 2 seats! :wallbash:

Sat next to Allen Wilson flying back from the NE road game 2 years back - one of my more uncomfortable flights in recent memory...they really should make the guy pay for 2 seats! :thumbsup:

Are you saying that he should look into Nutrisystem?