for those claiming Miami is an easy win...

ICE

John, I created this post to bring some balance to the 'We are kings of the world' types of posts. Feel good yes, great win.

Let me give you my take on competition. Long ago there was a great Judoka. World champ 4X in a row. His philosophy was this...he would train all year, battle hard and become champ. He would celebrate that night.  Come the next morning he was not the 'reigning Champ' in his mind. He was just 1 of thousands that wanted to be champ this next year. THAT is why he continued to win. I have always felt that way about competing and it served me well.

We won Sunday. congrats, now its time to go to work for the Miami game. :w00t:

138305[/snapback]

I do agree with you on this.....but I think we need to keep in mind that this team has shattered bills fans hopes so much lately that we need to take time out and celebrate any victories possible......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other way to lose this game is for the Bills to begin looking ahead and to assume this one is in the W column (well let's see... we definitely have to win out and if so and so beats so and so then when we win four in a row all we need is for so and so to win at home and so on and so forth) to end up failing to win out at all.

We fans don't play the game so it is fine for us to explore a bunch of what ifs, but if the team goes down this route it can easily lose a game such as this one or the next one looking forward to a road trip to Cincinnati.

The best way for the team to win out (which if it doesn't happen makes all the what ifing useless) is to pursue another cliche and take this one game at a time.

The most important game in the impossible (or at best really improbable task we have left ourselves is the next one. The fortunate thing is that I think Mularkey, TD and team leaders have been around long enough to know this and the team must take it one game at a time in order to win the next game.

I personally don't even worry about this because if the team is looking down the road the problem will solve itself.

One of the best system gambling plays over the last decade or so has been taking a home underdog coming off a road win as an underdog. I don't know what the final spread was on the Mia/SF game (I saw E on Saturday, so maybe technically the Dolphins are not applicable), but Miami is close to qualifying. Throw in the division home revenge game factor as well as the consecutive cross country road game thing for the Bills, and I think that it is clear that the historical psychological stuff heavily favors the Fins this week.

This stuff is never 100% of course, but I wouldn't chalk this puppy up by any stretch.

One of the best system gambling plays over the last decade or so has been taking a home underdog coming off a road win as an underdog. I don't know what the final spread was on the Mia/SF game (I saw E on Saturday, so maybe technically the Dolphins are not applicable), but Miami is close to qualifying. Throw in the division home revenge game factor as well as the consecutive cross country road game thing for the Bills, and I think that it is clear that the historical psychological stuff heavily favors the Fins this week.

This stuff is never 100% of course, but I wouldn't chalk this puppy up by any stretch.

138515[/snapback]

Interesting....I don't know what the spread is. My guess would be the Bills by 2 or 3? Another incredible trend over the last 10 or so years has been the Bills lackluster performances (failing to cover) the week after Miami games; although I don't see us losing to Cleveland at home.

"but man, i still have a football erection from that game."

Um you know after 4 hours you are supposed to call the Dr. right?  :w00t:

138320[/snapback]

If there ever WAS such a thing as four hours I'd probably be more popular in my neighborhood.

Interesting....I don't know what the spread is.  My guess would be the Bills by 2 or 3?  Another incredible trend over the last 10 or so years has been the Bills lackluster performances (failing to cover) the week after Miami games; although I don't see us losing to Cleveland at home.

138527[/snapback]

Good guess. Right now the line is hovering between Bills 3 and 3.5. 3.5 would be a great sign for the Bills.

I imagine that Miami stat becomes less meaningful as the team is so much worse this year than it was in the past - they've been at or above .500 during that entire trend. I can understand it though from an emotional/physical letdown point of view - it makes sense.

It is a mix between what you and darrin said. We SHOULD hand a still beating to Miami, but I stand by my thoughts this is a trap game if there ever was one.

138342[/snapback]

[/quoteI]I

ICE, who will win, the Bills with Bledsoe, or the phins? By continuing to chicken out of a prediction, you are depriving yourself of being "right."Need more time? :w00t:

138389[/snapback]

Bill I said something yesterday in a post and I am sticking with it. You know this and are just trying to be an ass and make me break my word.

It won't be all easy. My prediction is that it is a tough first half and a relatively easy second. However, the margin of victory will be fairly large 30-13

No flames please - this is just a wild a**ed prediction.

I agree. The motivation will be there for the Fins in the first half, but the reality slowly sets in. Their team is (pardon the cliche) going South.

I don't think the Bills coaches are going to let the Bills look past the team that has had the upper hand of late, particularly in their house. Old Fin fans will have something to shout about for a series or three, but then the Front Seven on D will wreak havoc.

IMHO only a homeristic fool counts ANY win as an easy win. BTW....didn't we LOSE to the raiders? Hummmm....

138245[/snapback]

Why lie to the nice people?

You never told me you were humble. What about all those times on the little bus when you made me sit in back while you and your human friends sat up front. You bragging about how you could lick the whole window with one swipe? Remember when the fat kid with one eye smeared his peanut butter and jelly sandwich all over it? You couldn't get past the second fly that landed on it.