I HATE this draft

Hynze

After picking a part time running back in the 1st round I believe this draft will go down as one of the worst ever for the Bills. There is not one player that I can say WOW we got this guy.

I like this draft. Spiller could be the homerun hitter we need and with Wang. I think we addressed needs and will be adding some solid players to our core.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After picking a part time running back in the 1st round I believe this draft will go down as one of the worst ever for the Bills. There is not one player that I can say WOW we got this guy.

i like this draft - stayed true to the plan - have to change the 30th in the league against the run - so many areas to address - and they started where they should - have to stop the run - not sexy but a truism in the nfl

If you thought the Bills were going to have a winning record by week six either before or after this draft, you have not been following this team with any semblance of competence either this offseason or any other offseason. We had way too many holes for this team to be a contender this year. In fact, I hope they aren't because the QB and tackle class for next year's draft is going to be much deeper than this one.

I have been going to games since 1960 i've seen this before,and I think they could have addressed their needs a little differently with higher picks for the offensive line, our 2nd rounder was a reach. Spiller is a luxury we can't afford.

Just my opinion, and as for contender they are a long way off I believe they will have a top 5 pick next year

I have been going to games since 1960 i've seen this before,and I think they could have addressed their needs a little differently with higher picks for the offensive line, our 2nd rounder was a reach. Spiller is a luxury we can't afford.

Just my opinion, and as for contender they are a long way off I believe they will have a top 5 pick next year

You don't write with the wisdom or maturity level of a sixty year old man, interesting.....

Who would you have thought was not a "reach" at 41? Cam Thomas? Linval Joseph? Clausen? The more people look at the Troupe pick, the more they are coming around. He was very productive for four years, played very well against top competition and played three downs at UCF, not two as Cody did and will in the NFL. Troupe is excellent against the run and was consistently beating double teams in college on passing downs to get to the QB. Getting the most explosive playmaker in a draft is not a luxury. It is a good pick that will instantly help the offense get better both running and passing the ball.

As to your last point, I'll agree and would have before or after the draft. They were not going to be a contender this season or next, frankly. But when a team has as many holes and questions as we do running the ball and stopping the run, getting better in those areas is never a bad thing. This was a good draft in a lot of ways, even if it wasn't the flashiest.

FWIW, not everyone is buying the "Spiller is a great every down RB" gig.

http://walterfootball.com/mattblog100423_grades.php

9. BUF: C.J. Spiller - C

You don't draft a No. 2 back this high. Spiller can't handle the load and is a finesse runner. This is way too high and Buffalo passed on some really good football players on the board.

Now I realise he is only a internet blogger and all, and I dont always agree with walterfootball, but I do in this case.

have you ever seen CJ Spiller play? Cause he is the definition of WOW

As for the other picks, we did not take big name players. we went with need. But really we wont know for 3 years

part time running back based on what? have you ever even watched Spiller play? i cant imagine you have

if you cant say wow about Spiller then you shouldnt be watching football...they also added to the front seven on defense with some size and speed

let me guess, you wanted Clausen

i think this is a very good draft

FWIW, not everyone is buying the "Spiller is a great every down RB" gig.

http://walterfootball.com/mattblog100423_grades.php

9. BUF: C.J. Spiller - C

You don't draft a No. 2 back this high. Spiller can't handle the load and is a finesse runner. This is way too high and Buffalo passed on some really good football players on the board.

Now I realise he is only a internet blogger and all, and I dont always agree with walterfootball, but I do in this case.

Wow you found a blogger that disagrees with a pic. :lol:

and also from his 1-3 rd grades

Buffalo: This is why Buffalo picks in the top 12 every year. Torrell Troup isn't ready to start. Alex Carrington is a bit of a project. They drafted a situational running back when they don't have much of an offensive line or nose tackle. How many games is Buffalo going to win with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm and Trent Edwards? This draft was an absolute joke and this team isn't going anywhere. I encourage all Buffalo fans to riot at Bills headquarters tomorrow. This was a pathetic performance and we will see over the next two years why it was such a terrible draft. Spiller's occasional playmaking ability saves this from an "F" grade.

Grade: D-

Think about this post when we come to the bye week in week 6 and we are 0-5

You really expect all of the players from this year's draft to be immediate impact players? C'mon, are you serious? You will not be able to get a true grade from this draft this coming season. I can tell you this, I lived in South Carolina, I am not a Clemson fan but I can say WOW, CJ Spiller is amazing!!!

And I should care about what Walter says because....??????

He's an internet blogger (I'll give him credit for being smart enough to make 100K/year for doing it) and only 25 years old. My Whammy Weenie is older than that. I have Bills underwear older than he is. And I should give a rat's azz about what he has to say!!!

:lol: HAIL BUDDY!! Walter...not so much. :lol:

and also from his 1-3 rd grades

Buffalo: This is why Buffalo picks in the top 12 every year. Torrell Troup isn't ready to start. Alex Carrington is a bit of a project. They drafted a situational running back when they don't have much of an offensive line or nose tackle. How many games is Buffalo going to win with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm and Trent Edwards? This draft was an absolute joke and this team isn't going anywhere. I encourage all Buffalo fans to riot at Bills headquarters tomorrow. This was a pathetic performance and we will see over the next two years why it was such a terrible draft. Spiller's occasional playmaking ability saves this from an "F" grade.

Grade: D-

Walterfootball? Man where reaching for crap to criticize.(sp)

Thanks for signing up to post this. We didn't have enough people complaining that we didn't pick people that Mel Kiper likes.

BTW that "part time" running back played for over 600 snaps in college. If C.J. Spiller doesn't make you say wow, no-one will.

Go back and look at Mel Kiper's likes over the past 4-6 seasons versus the garbage we drafted.

We would be better off just taking Kiper's picks.

In our attempts to outsmart everyone else over the past decade, we've really only outsmarted ourselves.

Go back and look at Mel Kiper's likes over the past 4-6 seasons versus the garbage we drafted.

In our attempts to outsmart everyone else over the past decade, we've really only outsmarted ourselves.

Haha Ok Mel Kiper, now we know your Screen name on here. And to bad this regime wasnt around for any of that? Except for Modrak, and for gods sake he's just a scout.

Haha Ok Mel Kiper, now we know your Screen name on here. And to bad this regime wasnt around for any of that? Except for Modrak, and for gods sake he's just a scout.

Nope, this regime wasn't here for that, but it strayed from the common thought process shared by analysts the same way the old regime did. How has that worked out for us in the past bud? I guess you liked the whitner pick. :lol:

have you ever seen CJ Spiller play? Cause he is the definition of WOW

As for the other picks, we did not take big name players. we went with need. But really we wont know for 3 years

I have and my son has gone to quite a few Clemson games he is in NC, he's great in college he was a great player but this is the pros.

As for three years, lets go back and evaluate the draft from 3 years ago. Oh wait that don't count because these guys weren't in charge back then. 3 years from now these guys might not be here.

Nope, this regime wasn't here for that, but it strayed from the common thought process shared by analysts the same way the old regime did. How has that worked out for us in the past bud? I guess you liked the whitner pick. :lol:

It strayed, they took a NT right before a run on T's. They took a guy who was a legit late second rounder in the third. They took another guy who has high upside at OT. They got the most explosive player in the draft in RD 1. What wasnt there to like. And that WR they drafted, totally owned the patriots first round pick when they played this year.

Yes, well the analysts at NFL Network certainly seemed to think that the Bills did a pretty nice job making over their defensive front and got the best playmaker in the draft in Spiller. The guys at Walterfootball give everyone a bad grade who doesn't take the players they think are the best. I'm sure the couch potato dorito eaters over there haven't even watched film on the players that the Bills picked because they weren't from a top five ranked school. I trust their opinion about as much as I trust the accuracy of their mock drafts after the sixth pick. And this year they didn't even get the top four right. Believing their Mock Draft and their draft grades is about as good as citing Wikipedia as a legitimate source in a research paper.

You are right on. They think they are smarter than everyone else. That's why they draft near the top 10.

Oh btw that's the bottom 10. They say they are teachers. Instead of drafting players that need to be taught how about players that know how to play

I've watched this Spiller kid..he is something special..not a part time..he ran behind a horrific OL at Clemson (so he'll be used to what he'll have at Buffalo)...when he touched the ball (as a fan of one of his rival teams) you had to hold your breath because he could take it to the house on any play... I think this was a solid draft...coupled with last years draft (especially if Maybin pans out at all) we had two really good drafts..when is the last time we could say that????

+1000

I'd give you all the 0's but the late 70's early 80's picks were worse than 02 :pirate:

Actually the 2000 draft was worse than 2002 because there are still 3 or 4 players still around on other teams

You are right on. They think they are smarter than everyone else. That's why they draft near the top 10.

Oh btw that's the bottom 10. They say they are teachers. Instead of drafting players that need to be taught how about players that know how to play

Troup and Carrington know how to play in a 3-4 defensive scheme. Both solid picks.

Really? But I can judge all the past drafts! How many pro bowlers do we have? How many players do we have that other teams covet? How many really good players have we drafted in the last 10 years? How many winning seasons in the past 10 years? Follow the trend, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, its a duck. What makes anyone think suddenly it will be different! Our punter is probably our best player.

Moorman?

thats because you dont know what the hell you are talking about.

"part tme rnning back", LOFL you just proved your total ignorance!

I've watched this Spiller kid..he is something special..not a part time..he ran behind a horrific OL at Clemson (so he'll be used to what he'll have at Buffalo)...when he touched the ball (as a fan of one of his rival teams) you had to hold your breath because he could take it to the house on any play... I think this was a solid draft...coupled with last years draft (especially if Maybin pans out at all) we had two really good drafts..when is the last time we could say that????

But not against pro LB's. Hey I'm skeptical. I believe non of the hype until I see something to justify it next season. This kid could be the next AP for all I know. But in the back of my mind or cloud over my head is that its still the Bills and that makes me doubtful. I'm not poo pooing the draft. I don't follow college ball nor to I pretend to have knowledge of college prospects. It's just that, you know...its the Bills :pirate:

I just hope that Wilson had no input in the draft selection and the new management team is decent. What choice do I have?

If thats true about Maybin, then during the bye week last year, why didn't they play him at linebacker instead of a undersized

Bryan Scott

Orakpo was a pro bowler last year, he was there when we picked