As much as I try to deny it....

everything we do looks and feels like its at a "J.V." level to the rest of the league. I would love to be a glass half full guy at this point but I would have to seriously delude myself into thinking that this offseason was a home run...let alone BARELY a step in the right direction.

So as I am certain, the faithful watchdogs that rationalize every move the Bills make/do not make (while killing every other team for taking more direct steps to better their teams).....will flame me for this post, it is what it is. THere's not too many people that cover this league, that work in the league, are fans of other teams or just casual observers of the NFL...that look at the Buffalo Bills franchise and get excited or inspired. We field a team, thats what we do. You can watch it in the behavior of those who cover the league on TV, they can't say it but they are thinking it: we're a joke. They only talk about us because the have to and do not wase an extra second doing so. Our moves are always so questionable and off-key. As if we are looking at a different set of circumstances for ourselves that nobody else sees. If it had amounted to ANY success in a decade, then we could say there's real insight and knowledge there. But it never does.

I love the fans here, we truly love this team. Up there with the cheese heads as the top tier. The downside of that is that it blinds many of us. We take everything we do or do not do and act like theres a secret set of motives that are so genius, so we should wait as the best is coming. Jerry Jones once praised Chan Gailey! Hey that 2nd round rech for 3rd round talent was brilliant, youll see. We DID need a RB with the #9 pick BECAUSE we ARE keeping Lynch. A 5th round OT IS something to build a line around for the future. Dont even get me started on the Brohm worship that goes on here...a practice squad castoff is now the great white hope! for this franchise enough to pass on Jimmy Claussen in the 2nd round. Faneca will go to a team that makes moves and takes chances and we will say how old and done he is on this board.

I would bet Buddy and Chan got a full dose of why the chin and shanny never wanted to get near this franchise....the old man prob still pulls the strings on draft day. Even so, we're in the process of getting cheated out of a real competitive NFL franchise for another year but will take the lumps when the financial support of the bad product declines. I wish it were different but we do not behave on par with the rest of the league....and this offseason has been quite painful. Flame away guys. Go Bills.

everything we do looks and feels like its at a "J.V." level to the rest of the league. I would love to be a glass half full guy at this point but I would have to seriously delude myself into thinking that this offseason was a home run...let alone BARELY a step in the right direction.

So as I am certain, the faithful watchdogs that rationalize every move the Bills make/do not make (while killing every other team for taking more direct steps to better their teams).....will flame me for this post, it is what it is. THere's not too many people that cover this league, that work in the league, are fans of other teams or just casual observers of the NFL...that look at the Buffalo Bills franchise and get excited or inspired. We field a team, thats what we do. You can watch it in the behavior of those who cover the league on TV, they can't say it but they are thinking it: we're a joke. They only talk about us because the have to and do not wase an extra second doing so. Our moves are always so questionable and off-key. As if we are looking at a different set of circumstances for ourselves that nobody else sees. If it had amounted to ANY success in a decade, then we could say there's real insight and knowledge there. But it never does.

I love the fans here, we truly love this team. Up there with the cheese heads as the top tier. The downside of that is that it blinds many of us. We take everything we do or do not do and act like theres a secret set of motives that are so genius, so we should wait as the best is coming. Jerry Jones once praised Chan Gailey! Hey that 2nd round rech for 3rd round talent was brilliant, youll see. We DID need a RB with the #9 pick BECAUSE we ARE keeping Lynch. A 5th round OT IS something to build a line around for the future. Dont even get me started on the Brohm worship that goes on here...a practice squad castoff is now the great white hope! for this franchise enough to pass on Jimmy Claussen in the 2nd round. Faneca will go to a team that makes moves and takes chances and we will say how old and done he is on this board.

I would bet Buddy and Chan got a full dose of why the chin and shanny never wanted to get near this franchise....the old man prob still pulls the strings on draft day. Even so, we're in the process of getting cheated out of a real competitive NFL franchise for another year but will take the lumps when the financial support of the bad product declines. I wish it were different but we do not behave on par with the rest of the league....and this offseason has been quite painful. Flame away guys. Go Bills.

Many less brave souls, I'm certain, feel the same way . . .

i agree 100 percent it sucks. people say well ur not the gm u dont have a clue. to tell you the truth the fans and its proven do have a clue, and know what it takes to make there teams better, they dont realize that till the become a broadcaster and say what the hell are they doing.

Do you have season tickets?

The Bills haven't done anything exciting, but they are drafting the best players, not just needs, just give it time and then criticize. Our front 7 on d looks to be much improved and the back half of the D is pretty good.

I think that you're a little over the top, but I generally agree. Look, draft grades are often wrong and it takes 3 years to judge them. Also, you can't criticize a GM or head coach when their team hasn't played a game yet. However, it's hard not to be disappointed that we're going into a season with zilch at qb and left tackle. Most unbiased observers will not think this was a good draft and they will pick us to finish last in the division, they may be wrong, but it's hard to give a team that hasn't made the playoffs this century the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said: It is what it is buddy, watch how the entire media grades this draft. Not under my control.

Yes, because the media are the best predicters of the future. Ryan Leaf turned out to be the best QB ever. Oh, wait, that was the land the media portrayed. That's right he sucked. And so have so many other "Can't Miss" prospects proclaimed by Mel Kiper and his draft acolytes at ESPN.

By the way, so far, ESPN has graded our first round choice as an A. That ever present media showing how horrible our FO is.

I think that you're a little over the top, but I generally agree. Look, draft grades are often wrong and it takes 3 years to judge them. Also, you can't criticize a GM or head coach when their team hasn't played a game yet. However, it's hard not to be disappointed that we're going into a season with zilch at qb and left tackle. Most unbiased observers will not think this was a good draft and they will pick us to finish last in the division, they may be wrong, but it's hard to give a team that hasn't made the playoffs this century the benefit of the doubt.

They were going to pick us last in the division anyway because we had holes to fill all over this team. The FO decided that this was a year to concentrate on fixing the defensive front seven. In that regard, this has been a very successful draft. We have an immediate starter at NT, and very solid guys to come in and play at the OLB positions.

On offense, you got better just by adding Spiller as a threat. Edward Wang is a very solid prospect and I fully expect to see him as the starting tackle within two years. As for QB, considering that so many teams with QB needs passed on Clausen and McCoy, not once but twice, I'm not all that disappointed that the Bills didn't draft one yet. People here who thought the team was one player away from the playoffs were deluding themselves. After next year's draft, perhaps we'll be able to say that, but not this year. We have a long way to go, but shoring up the run defense and getting good sized depth LBs was a very good move.

i agree 100 percent it sucks. people say well ur not the gm u dont have a clue. to tell you the truth the fans and its proven do have a clue, and know what it takes to make there teams better, they dont realize that till the become a broadcaster and say what the hell are they doing.

First of all, this statement makes absolutely no sense. Second, if you think fans know what it takes to make a winner, I direct you to the New York Jets fans who all think that their picks are terrible every year without fail. Fans want shiny toys. Football professionals know how to rebuild teams from the ground up. Nix is right, for now the Bills need to be a team focused on running the ball and stopping the run. That's how championship teams start. The basics must be mastered before you start getting crazy. In the NFL, you must run before you can pass. And you must stop the run if you want to stop the pass. Buffalo's strength on D is stopping the pass. We got killed last year because we couldn't stop the run. Buffalo drafted this year with that weakness in mind. Let's PLEASE see how the new picks do this year before we call this draft a failure.

Like I said: It is what it is buddy, watch how the entire media grades this draft. Not under my control.

fair enough - so in 2-3 years when this draft class is graded we will see because anything sooner than that is pure speculation and not based on what has happened on the field of play - you should really know this already