Stop Worrying About a QB

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Warner, Romo, Rodgers, McNabb are the upper tier QB's who were in the playoffs this year.

Palmer is the second tier QB in the playoffs this year.

Flacco and Sanchez are the young guys who were in the playoffs.

Tell me where Brohm, Fitz or Edwards even come within the same solar systaem as those guys. Move on, draft a QB because everyone who is not a blinded super fan knows that these guys will NEVER CUT IT.

Help me with this please since you and I see the same on the QB position. What is it about Bills fans that they think other teams **** at QB is going to all of a sudden become good here?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW for the record, I would rather have brohm than the kitty edwards. NO coaching staff or OL will be able to fix edwards. He is a kitty that won't throw into coverage, his long ball flutters, can't throw the 15 yard out, can't read defenses , scared to pull the trigger and throw with anticipation.

Agree 100%. At least Brohm has a chance of not sucking, however small that is.

Help me with this please since you and I see the same on the QB position. What is it about Bills fans that they think other teams **** at QB is going to all of a sudden become good here?

Darth my man, you should know that better than anyone else....pure blinded fandom. Fans are sick of watching crap and they just cling to the next guy who comes along regardless of his background or play on the field.

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Warner, Romo, Rodgers, McNabb are the upper tier QB's who were in the playoffs this year.

Tell me where Brohm, Fitz or Edwards even come within the same solar systaem as those guys. Move on, draft a QB because everyone who is not a blinded super fan knows that these guys will NEVER CUT IT.

Bingo. We can't truly compete with our current crop of "QBs"

First overall. 6th Round. Second Round (in playoffs on a different team than drafted him). First Round. Second Round (on third team). Street Free Agent (on third team). Street Free Agent. First Round. Second overall.

See a true trend? I don't.

Did we have the first or second overall? Is there another first or second round pick drafted this year you would love to be the Bills QB? One third were sixth round or free agent.

I think we all need to sit tight w/ the QB apprehension. Although, I too am frustrated w/ the lack of a LT to be drafted. We have to assume that there is something else going on there. I cannot imagine Nix, and the run savey Gailey ignoring the desperate need to fill that gap.

With that being said, We have 3 QBs on the roster. IMO you need to let Edwards & Brohm duke it out. Yes, the BS talk of salvaging Edwards is just like having mamma bird ram our regurgitated dinner down our throats but we have him signed, TO is gone, we are not making the playoffs again so give him a gut check & see what happens. Fitz is a career back up. If he stays he stays. Now Brohm...................this kid has talent. He threw for over 4000yds @ Louisville, he was a Heisman candidate, had over 155 QB rating every yr and hes a big durable kid. I kept getting texts furious why the Bills didn't draft Clausen, then McCoy.......we have a great young kid in the barn. I love his mechanics too. I think this kid beats Trent & Fitz out hands down!!! Still cant believe he was behind Flynn in GB.

Totally agree...why are we going to waste a much needed draft pick or trade needed draft picks before we even know what our young promising guy in the stable can do yet?

First overall. 6th Round. Second Round (in playoffs on a different team than drafted him). First Round. Second Round (on third team). Street Free Agent (on third team). Street Free Agent. First Round. Second overall.

Did we have the first or second overall? Is there another first or second round pick drafted this year you would love to be the Bills QB? One third were sixth round or free agent.

I agree- QB is just as much a crap shoot as any other position. I didn't see any guy in this draft as a slamdunk franchise QB, so no big deal. It's not like if they got Clausen or McCoy the team was going to be any better this year.

Clearly you are 100% wrong...do you even realize that? Not even a debate or question, the FO is proving you 100% wrong and basically telling you with their actiions to quit your whining and that you dont know jack about what our staff sees in our guys.

If our guys were a big bunch of losers then the staff would have traded for Campbell or drafted one of the plethora of QB's that fell to them in many parts of this draft. They may still grab a guy late, but clearly, they know more about our guys than a bunch of screaming posters on this board like that broken record DarthIce...

Personally, I think they see potential in Brohm and only a complete fool would completely disregard such a highly touted QB who is just 2 years in this league with no chance to play yet...

Here is the flaw in your's and the Bills thinking. Guys that are college FAs and late round picks take 4-5 years to develop. Then you gotta hit on a once in a lifetime type player like Brady or Warner for it to even work out.

That does leave the 1st and 2nd rounders who start coming along much quicker which is undeniable. Ryan, Sanchez, Flacco and Big Ben all were picked high recently and their teams went from worst to first in a year or two. Can you name any late rounders or FA's who have developed quickly?

By that thinking, the Bills will have a good QB in 4-5 years which goes back to my original point, the best QB's get into the playoffs.

Here's to hoping there is a Wegman's cashier with a gun out there!!! :thumbdown:

Another year of Edwards turns my stomach. Wake up it's status quo at obd. Nothing gonna change til there is new ownership. The bills are an afterthought and joke and have not gotton any better. I am not usual a bills hater as a matter of fact i just renewed my season tix but I am disappointed. Qb and lt are our two biggest needs and we haven't addressed either of them. If they roll out the same three bums we have on the roster settle in for a long frustrating year of bills football. Oh wait maybe we ll add bulger to the mix.....next stop playoffs!

Personally, I think they see potential in Brohm and only a complete fool would completely disregard such a highly touted QB who is just 2 years in this league with no chance to play yet...

Your infatuation with Brohm is freekin hilarious! You accuse me of acting like I know more than the Bills FO but you are acting like you know more than 31 other teams in the NFL who passed on Brohm. And the Packers know nothing about QB's do they? The Pack burnt 2nd and let him go the next year, what does that mean there Adog?

But I know what you're thinking, the Bills are just smarter than every other team in the NFL and they "stold" Brohm because the other teams were sleeping at the wheel. That is gotta be the funniest logic that I've read on this board in a long time.

Here is the flaw in your's and the Bills thinking. Guys that are college FAs and late round picks take 4-5 years to develop. Then you gotta hit on a once in a lifetime type player like Brady or Warner for it to even work out.

That does leave the 1st and 2nd rounders who start coming along much quicker which is undeniable. Ryan, Sanchez, Flacco and Big Ben all were picked high recently and their teams went from worst to first in a year or two. Can you name any late rounders or FA's who have developed quickly?

By that thinking, the Bills will have a good QB in 4-5 years which goes back to my original point, the best QB's get into the playoffs.

Here's to hoping there is a Wegman's cashier with a gun out there!!! :thumbdown:

I noticed you didn't answer the question of who you would have chosen at QB in round one or two when the Bills had a chance to draft. I can only imagine you meant they should have taken Jimmy Clausen. If that is the guy you want to bet your next few years on at QB, that's a legitimate (I guess) position to take. But if you don't think the Bills should have taken Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy at #9 overall or #41 overall, what is your point?

I don't think the Bills have a legitimate starter at QB either. That's a very legitimate concern that I completely share. But if you're going to criticize the team for not going after a QB because ours suck, you also must provide a legitimate option for them. If it's Clausen, say it. If you think they should have done something else that was feasible, I'd like to know it.

I noticed you didn't answer the question of who you would have chosen at QB in round one or two when the Bills had a chance to draft. I can only imagine you meant they should have taken Jimmy Clausen. If that is the guy you want to bet your next few years on at QB, that's a legitimate (I guess) position to take. But if you don't think the Bills should have taken Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy at #9 overall or #41 overall, what is your point?

I don't think the Bills have a legitimate starter at QB either. That's a very legitimate concern that I completely share. But if you're going to criticize the team for not going after a QB because ours suck, you also must provide a legitimate option for them. If it's Clausen, say it. If you think they should have done something else that was feasible, I'd like to know it.

Just a minute, many other teams that were QB poor at least attempted something. Carolina-Clausen, Cleveland-McCoy, Oakland-Campbell. We have not yet even attempted something. I believe that they'll add a QB in rds 6 or 7 or FA after the draft, but that player would obviously be a long shot option.

In the second round, YES I would've taken Clausen in a heartbeat. Say what you want about Clausen, Weiss wanted him. He didn't go after Quinn when he was traded for a hill of beans because he knows he's limited. But he wanted Clausen and he is the guy who is credited for developing Brady.

There were a lot of talking heads who liked him, some not as high as others, but no one had him out of the first 40 picks. Yet he was sitting right there and we passed on him.

Now the Bills go into the season with Trent Edwards, who is the anti spread QB and a China Doll. Brohm, who no one in the NFL wanted just a year after being drafted and an IVY league scrub.

I'll ask you this, When do the Bills start developing a young QB? Next year? Great, let's celebrate 15 years off from the playoffs together while watching the real QB's win Super Bowls.

Just a minute, many other teams that were QB poor at least attempted something. Carolina-Clausen, Cleveland-McCoy, Oakland-Campbell. We have not yet even attempted something. I believe that they'll add a QB in rds 6 or 7 or FA after the draft, but that player would obviously be a long shot option.

First, I don't want McCoy because I don't think he is big enough or has a strong enough arm to be a good starter in this league (if he had one but not the other I may feel otherwise but both of them are huge concerns). I may have drafted Clausen but if you do, you are betting the next three years on him being your franchise QB and I don't know if that is a good idea. If you want Clausen as your guy, okay. Jason Campbell, IMO, is better than any of our three right now. I wouldn't mind him as our starter this year but I don't at all think he is the answer or the future. Who did you want to start?

I think we all need to sit tight w/ the QB apprehension. Although, I too am frustrated w/ the lack of a LT to be drafted. We have to assume that there is something else going on there. I cannot imagine Nix, and the run savey Gailey ignoring the desperate need to fill that gap.

With that being said, We have 3 QBs on the roster. IMO you need to let Edwards & Brohm duke it out. Yes, the BS talk of salvaging Edwards is just like having mamma bird ram our regurgitated dinner down our throats but we have him signed, TO is gone, we are not making the playoffs again so give him a gut check & see what happens. Fitz is a career back up. If he stays he stays. Now Brohm...................this kid has talent. He threw for over 4000yds @ Louisville, he was a Heisman candidate, had over 155 QB rating every yr and hes a big durable kid. I kept getting texts furious why the Bills didn't draft Clausen, then McCoy.......we have a great young kid in the barn. I love his mechanics too. I think this kid beats Trent & Fitz out hands down!!! Still cant believe he was behind Flynn in GB.

Totally agree. The more I consider what they've done, I like the fact that they are beefing up the team. If we weren't getting Bradford and you don't rank Clausen/others head & shoulders above our current crop of QBs, then why take one? If the Bills continue to suck with their current crop of QBs, we will be lined up to get a QB high in the draft next year. At least then we will have some beef & experience on our lines.

First, I don't want McCoy because I don't think he is big enough or has a strong enough arm to be a good starter in this league (if he had one but not the other I may feel otherwise but both of them are huge concerns). I may have drafted Clausen but if you do, you are betting the next three years on him being your franchise QB and I don't know if that is a good idea. If you want Clausen as your guy, okay. Jason Campbell, IMO, is better than any of our three right now. I wouldn't mind him as our starter this year but I don't at all think he is the answer or the future. Who did you want to start?

I'm not that high on McCoy either. But, given our current crop of QBs, he may have been worth the shot. Clearly, I'd prefer to have Clausen or Campbell. I definitely wanted to add either Clausen or Campbell to the mix. Either would be given every opportunity to start here. But, we added neither, and to this point no QB.

Totally agree. The more I consider what they've done, I like the fact that they are beefing up the team. If we weren't getting Bradford and you don't rank Clausen/others head & shoulders above our current crop of QBs, then why take one? If the Bills continue to suck with their current crop of QBs, we will be lined up to get a QB high in the draft next year. At least then we will have some beef & experience on our lines.

I don't get this mentality. Let's sacrifice next year for a good QB in two years? Stockholm Syndrome is the only explanation....