Nix says Tebow was never in the cards

Guys, Never give up said we would try to possibly move back up to get Thomas. He flat told us about Spiller so I have to presume he is right on Thomas.

Too bad, we would actually have TWO weapons on offense that teams would have to respect.

Who is Never give up?

Sounds like Nix trying to save face to me.

Either that or he's the best smokescreen blower in the league. It was widely reported yesterday that the Bills were going to get a QB in round 1. It twas widely reported that they were very high on Tebow. The moment Tebow was picked, you had all the inside sources saying Buffalo was heartbroken, crestfallen even.

I'm thinking they got into a bidding war to move up and lost. Denver gave up A LOT to get Tebow. I'm glad they didn't mortgage the draft for one player. But, if you were in his shoes, you'd be trying to save a little face as well.

I think some people think that Tom Donahoe is still in charge of the Bills drafting. Tebow would have been his kind of pick and he would have gotten to about pick 20 to get him, kind of like JP Losman. Tebow will be a project at QB and may never pan out. We already have 3 of those and don't need a fourth and Nix and Gailey are smart enough to realize that.

Guys, Never give up said we would try to possibly move back up to get Thomas. He flat told us about Spiller so I have to presume he is right on Thomas.

Too bad, we would actually have TWO weapons on offense that teams would have to respect.

That wasn't NGU.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=112052

I dont think there was any chance it was Thomas. Spiller is a high impact offensive player, they wont go for 2 in Rd 1. And Spiller is also an effective WR. I think they want to see what they have with Evans, Hardy and others this year before adding a high profile WR.

Had to have been Williams ... NT is the one gigantic glaring hole if they want to play 3-4

There's still plenty of opportunity to get that NT, though. There are still four or five very solid prospects out there. If the run doesn't start before 41, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until 72 and still get a good one. I'm not entirely sure they feel there is an immediate contributor available at LT other than the top 2 guys.

As for the WR corps, Evans is obviously a keeper, but I don't think they're going to be overly interested in tying themselves to struggling picks and a failed passing game of the previous staff. Plus, there's an added benefit to drafting that WR now: you get a year's head start on his development early in the rebuilding process when, realistically, you aren't going to be overly competitive as a team, anyway.

that makes a lot more sense to me then trading up for Tebow which made little to no sense

maybe this will help all the Tebow lovers get over it that thought they missed out on the Bills getting their boy

There's a difference b/w saving face, and telling a bold-faced lie. If that is what happened, I would think Nix would be coy about it, not flat out lie about it.

Or they may still intend to try and get Clausen or McCoy and it would be a rough start to the relationship if the next franchise quarterback was sloppy seconds to Tim Tebow.

Are you sure sweetie? Can you find NGU's post? I am getting older...maybe the mind is going...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=112001

So, between the two:

First name NGU mentions if the top two OTs are gone: Spiller.

No first-round grade on any QB after Bradford.

Possibly trying to trade back into the bottom of 1, possibly for D. Thomas.

So far, so good.

I don't understand what all this "is Nix lying? telling the truth?" garbage. He is the GM and just like on the field, deception, leverage, the execution of a strategy that you keep secret until the time comes to implement it, and professional courtesy to other GMs that behind closed doors need to remain mum on critical personel moves is key to attempting to dramaticly improve his team. All everybody does on these boards is complain about the FO and how they do business but it is apparent to me that some of you have no clue what is required to pull alot of these moves off. If everybody is playing chess then why do you guys keep superimposing a checkers mindset on events, especially when we have 8 picks left and their is alot of dealing to be done yet. Silence of true motivations to people who can only hurt you is critical in any business setting. What would be gained by revealing who they were really after at the bottom of the first? Who cares? The end result is all that matters. There is only one way to know if this draft was a success. Do all 9 picks end up becoming great contributers to winning? That is the goal. Unrealistic? Of course. But you must always strive for that perfection. The moment you lower your expectations you don't deserve to be the GM of a multimillion dollar operation in charge of bringing in talent. I don't care what Nix says, his results are the only thing that concerns me, and who am I? I am just a beer and shot drinker that can't help but pull for my team.

I don't understand what all this "is Nix lying? telling the truth?" garbage. He is the GM and just like on the field, deception, leverage, the execution of a strategy that you keep secret until the time comes to implement it, and professional courtesy to other GMs that behind closed doors need to remain mum on critical personel moves is key to attempting to dramaticly improve his team. All everybody does on these boards is complain about the FO and how they do business but it is apparent to me that some of you have no clue what is required to pull alot of these moves off. If everybody is playing chess then why do you guys keep superimposing a checkers mindset on events, especially when we have 8 picks left and their is alot of dealing to be done yet. Silence of true motivations to people who can only hurt you is critical in any business setting. What would be gained by revealing who they were really after at the bottom of the first? Who cares? The end result is all that matters. There is only one way to know if this draft was a success. Do all 9 picks end up becoming great contributers to winning? That is the goal. Unrealistic? Of course. But you must always strive for that perfection. The moment you lower your expectations you don't deserve to be the GM of a multimillion dollar operation in charge of bringing in talent. I don't care what Nix says, his results are the only thing that concerns me, and who am I? I am just a beer and shot drinker that can't help but pull for my team.

Now THAT is a reality check. Good post