Ut Oh, Nix Says We Are Keeping Lynch

and also to Percy Harvin . . . sounds like Spiller is going to be a pseudo-RB/WR type. I like the pick less if Lynch sticks around. Sounded like Spiller is going to get very limited carries from scrimmage. . . returns, catches etc will have to be a big part of his game. Hate to say it, but Roscoe Parrish and Ted Ginn type pick flashed in my mind in the sense of a somewhat luxury pick.

and also to Percy Harvin . . . sounds like Spiller is going to be a pseudo-RB/WR type. I like the pick less if Lynch sticks around. Sounded like Spiller is going to get very limited carries from scrimmage. . . returns, catches etc will have to be a big part of his game. Hate to say it, but Roscoe Parrish and Ted Ginn type pick flashed in my mind in the sense of a somewhat luxury pick.

He also said that he's expected to come in and "start" which I interpret as 10-15 carries per game, 5 catches per game, and return duties.

watch reggie against the cards. if we can get that, this was no luxury pick. if we get ginn or parrish thats would be a terrible pick. comparing him to two players that never developed like ginn or parrish isnt a great reference hopefully.

watch reggie against the cards. if we can get that, this was no luxury pick. if we get ginn or parrish thats would be a terrible pick. comparing him to two players that never developed like ginn or parrish isnt a great reference hopefully.

Watch the rest of the Saints team against the Cards. If we had that kind of team, or even anything remotely approaching it on either side of the ball, the Spiller pick might make some sense.

Nix has to say we are keeping him just to keep a slight bit of leverage. Mort tweeted that the Bills can't give him away. I bet he ends up going for a late 4th or 5th to a team like Seattle.

lets hope he is better than Bush cuz imo a Bush clone isn't worth the 9th pick.

athletically -- yes a bush clone would be (minus that lingering knee problem he has had). the problem is maximizing the use of a player like that. sean payton is a great offensive mind, but has made many mistakes along the the way too. there were games that sean would only get him the ball 2-3 times, and they would be terrible double reverses. not a recipe for consistent success. what i can say is there is a reason that at 8-9 million for next year the front office is not sending him out the door to re-sign other players. As someone that has seen pretty much every snap bush has taken -- if he can stay healthy and you can get him the ball on a wheel route, crossing pattern etc, he is electric in a way you wouldnt believe. if we can add 10-15 tds a season to this offense that would be HUGE.

i think reggie is just on the brink of having a huge breakout year. like i said, if that knee stays healthy and you get him real touches -- look for him to put up more games like he did against arizona. yes the saints have a more talented team but look to even a chris johnson in that titans offense -- kerry collins? vince young? who are the wide receivers? it wasnt the juggernaut the saints were by any means

I for one think we should keep Lynch, because he is a good football player. Everyone says you need 2 good backs, I think having 3 is better. I don't think it matters how many touches he gets either as long as he gets some, we will get production. There are also injury and suspensions to consider. Freddy and ML will feel the heat and play better IMO.

Spiller is very useble and in a lot of places, watch for a running first team with some wildcat thrown in. It fits the young offence line and the coach so I wasn't surprised by the pick and I like it. BTW both Freddy and CJ can throw as well. They may be even thinking of starting Fitz as he is the most moblie of the bunch (which I could understand but kind of hate after last year).

During the draft process, I think we can fairly assume that any time Buddy talks he is lying ... or exaggerating ... or trying to make some other team believe something that isn't true ... or telling the complete truth ... or ... misleading the media ... or trying to increase the trade value of a player ... or .... all of the above.

Tough to accurately evaluate anything but actions while the game is still on here.

Of course he has to say that now. By failing to trade Lynch before the draft and then picking Spiller, Nix just made it a lot harder to get a decent pick for him. Everyone knows he's our #3 RB now and no one is rushing to give us a great deal on our #3 RB.

I was optimistic about getting a 3d for him before, but I don't see that happening now.

I would take 88 receptions and 1300 yards from scrimmage as a rookie any day of the week.

Spiller is more complete than that IMHO though. He is faster (Spiller ran a 4.27 40 while Reggie ran a 4.41 40), and I think that SPiller will be able to run between the tackles a little more effectively.