Draft Update

Thanks for the tidbit Nevergiveup. Regardless how the draft shapes up, it makes me feel good knowing that LT is their target. Beyond Williams and Okung, I don't think there are any LT's worth #9. I wonder how they view Saffold from Indiana (given his connection to our assistant OC)?

If they end up taking McClain they could move POZ or Mitchell outside. I am also starting to come around to Derrick Morgan and making him the other OLB.

Mayyyybe move Mitchell to the outside, but Poz is an inside backer, too slow to play outside. I really think we need a legit OLB since, well, we don't have one on the roster. With all the depth at ILB it would seem silly to ignore the dearth of talent at OLB.

Spiller then Tebow late in the 1st.

Jesus Christ no...

I think this may be true, but I think they are going to bring in another OLB (especially if schobol retires) to play on rushing plays. I think Maybin could be great at OLB on passing plays and rushing the passer, but I am not sure how good he would be as helping stop the run.

Unfortunately Maybin hasn't shown he can do either...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OT would still be the preference. Williams or Okung. Obviously pending availability. I don't believe there is another OT they would take that high. Spiller will defintely have a high first round grade and could be taken there. McClain is a real possibility. Dan Williams would be the dark horse candidate.

If any of the top few prospects slip for any reason that can change things. But I can't imagine someone like Berry sliding.

Barring a trade of some sort. No QB until at least the second round.

Don't panic. You are going to get a great player either way and will finally start loading up this team with legitimate NFL talent.

Now the local and national writers can change their draft precitions.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the info.

Any insight as to which QB(s) they may target starting in the 2nd round?

Jesus Christ no...

He'd probably ask you to just call him Tim. :D

Had enough of the "trading up for that extra-special average joe blow player" have ya now?

The McCargo pick has scarred me for life.

I read the same about Saban's praise of Cody...Saban's a heck of a good College Coach, but it's one of His Kids so...

McClain ran a 4.74 and a 4.71 at his Pro Day according to Chris Brown...I'm pretty sure he gets his info from The Bills Staff...I'm not saying McClain is not a good Player...He is no question...But a ILB for a 3-4 D with 4.7 Speed at #9 Overall? When The Bills aleady have Poz and Mitchell? I don't get it...He better be Superman then...But Superman runs WAY faster than 4.7... :D

Yes Superman does, although 4.74 isn't terrible and it certainly doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great player. I don't know.

I've said before that if McClain was the next Patrick Willis, I'd welcome him aboard. But Willis ran sub 4.5s at the combine with a slightly tweaked knee and at his pro day Willis ran TWO 40s in the 4.37 range. Wow.

NGU, thanks for taking a few minutes of precious time away from the war room to throw us a few scraps from the table.

Oh. So now NGU is in the war room?

Who is nevergiveup. I am in no way doubting his info (because he certainly seems to be in the know)- I'm just curious as to who he's affiliated with.

Anyway, whoever you are, THANKS!

It would probably be better if we didn't know...

I gotta say Never you got big brass ones......

You are putting yourself out there with such specific predictions.....and the vultures eat you alive if you are wrong.

Here is to hoping you are wrong and we have a QB early

He's been right often enough that I'm thinking he'll get some slack if wrong, at least from those of us who have been paying attention in the last year.

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#13 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- kelly blue book

#3- farmers almanac

#4- nostradamus

#5- TMZ

#6- punxsutawney phil

#7- weatherman

#8- economist

#9- ESPN Insiders

#10- psychic

#11- momma pecoraro (added by matter2003)

#12- Thurman Thomas

#13- Skooby and sources deep within

That is really some funny shite right there!!!

Right on too.

Who is nevergiveup. I am in no way doubting his info (because he certainly seems to be in the know)- I'm just curious as to who he's affiliated with.

Anyway, whoever you are, THANKS!

Whoever he/she is, they are very well informed and there is no way I want to know. If any of us did know, we probably wouldn't be getting the inside info that NGU has provided us.

Thanks NGU and please don't reveal anything to anyone.

I really worry about NGU broadcasting such information out on the web, where anyone, from a draft strategist from another team, to a reporter, can access it. Draft strategies are supposed to be the most closely guarded secrets of a team, because if you know how another team is going to draft, you know exactly when you would need to trade up to grab a player they had an intent on grabbing, wait to grab someone later, etc...

In other words, the only thing it would do to the Bills by broadcasting this knowledge is hurt them, and I worry that this information will inevitable come bite us in the ass again.

Let's not get too greedy and start asking for more...because I think enough is enough.

I really worry about NGU broadcasting such information out on the web, where anyone, from a draft strategist from another team, to a reporter, can access it. Draft strategies are supposed to be the most closely guarded secrets of a team, because if you know how another team is going to draft, you know exactly when you would need to trade up to grab a player they had an intent on grabbing, wait to grab someone later, etc...

In other words, the only thing it would do to the Bills by broadcasting this knowledge is hurt them, and I worry that this information will inevitable come bite us in the ass again.

Let's not get too greedy and start asking for more...because I think enough is enough.

Definately agree with you, but who's to say he's actually with the Bills? He could be just an informed source, in which case it wouldnt make him much different than beat writers (in the eyes of another team).... except for the fact his info is likely better...

Definately agree with you, but who's to say he's actually with the Bills? He could be just an informed source, in which case it wouldnt make him much different than beat writers (in the eyes of another team).... except for the fact his info is likely better...

Don't care as long as he/she is accurate....which he/she has been.

I'm very appreciative of NeverGiveUp's posts, but what did he really reveal today? That the Bills aren't looking at taking Clausen. That is news, but how does that hurt the team's chances? The only way I can see it affecting anything for Buffalo is if they actually want Clausen, in which case having other teams thinking otherwise would be a positive for the Bills.