Bradford could be there at #9?????

Anyone have anymore insight on this? I have been reading that Bradford is not going to go #1 and he may actually tumble down to us at #9. This would be the best possible scenerio in my eyes. What do some of you think and what have you heard?

I wouldn't be completely shocked if the Rams take a pass on Bradford, but if they do, I don't think he'll fall to #9. At worst, Cleveland or Oakland would probably pick him at 7 or 8, but more likely, someone would move up into the top 5 to pick him.

Anyone have anymore insight on this? I have been reading that Bradford is not going to go #1 and he may actually tumble down to us at #9. This would be the best possible scenerio in my eyes. What do some of you think and what have you heard?

Not meant to be a zinger at you, but it sounds like your reading material is either outdated or very unreliable.

Don't get your hopes up for that. They'll use every minute of it. Its basically 10 minutes of free national advertising for the teams, courtesy of the networks.

Rather than national advertising which makes little difference to any team (the key questions for any advertising is what are you selling to which potential buyer and these 10 minutes of coverage do not provide an answer to either of these questions so there is no way to consider this "coverage" to be anything which can be accurately called advertising) it strikes me that the primary benefit of the 10 minutes is seeing if any unexpected tremendous offers come over the transom.

My sense of the 10 minutes is that every NFL team has every other teams phone number to call to discuss a potential deal. A team goes on the clock and in the first minute or two max the phone rings and they get 1 or more offers which they immediately turn down as not being enough and likely they state the outrageous offer that would make them deal.

They then wait at least two minutes for a counter offer.

If the offers are remotely serious you then have another 3-5 minutes of offer/counter offer. Figure that if more than one team is interested you are doing this same dance simultaneously with 2 or more teams.

Even more complex all this is happening with some teams actually forcing the offerer to wait while they do nothing in a simple attempt to panic the suitor into going higher with their offer.

Quite frankly its no wonder that this takes a full ten minutes per pick in the 1st round as much of this time is spent trying to get the best offer possible for your choice and also trying to assess each opponents developing draft strategy.

Try reading any draft media coverage anywhere. There is no possibility of Bradford being there at #9.

Not a chance.

Crack kills..

This is a pipe dream. People believe, either The Browns trade up to get him or now, The rumor is Washington could unload Haynesworth and Laron Landry along with their first round pick to St Louis for Bradford. No way he gets past those two teams before us on a regular slide.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...p-for-bradford/