Andy Tyshovnytsky

Travis

Residing in the NYC area read a bit on this guy in the local paper yesterday.

A pro scout who asked not to be identified was certain he had made a mistake. His stopwatch read 4.91 seconds, but the player who had posted the time stood 6-foot-4 and weighed 317 pounds.

“Guys that big just don’t run that fast,” he said.

So he clocked the huge offensive lineman a second time: 4.93.

The stopwatch wasn’t malfunctioning. Those were Fordham offensive tackle Andy Tyshovnytsky’s times. And they weren’t his only mind-boggling numbers of the day. He also bench pressed 225 pounds 33 times.

“Guys that big that move like that don’t grow on trees,” Dan Mogollon of NFL Draft Bible told The Post. “If you can steal a guy like that late in the draft or as a priority free agent, you’ve saved yourself a lot of money.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports...L#ixzz0lk1e4PUC

As scouts pored over tapes of Skelton, Tyshovnytsky literally stood out. Then they saw his freakish athletic ability and the interest among NFL teams, which isn’t a surprise compared to other elite tackles in this draft.

Bryan Bulaga ran a 5.26 and bench pressed 225 pounds 26 times. Anthony Davis of Rutgers ran a 5.38 and did 21 reps at 225.

Tyshovnytsky was named the National Strength and Conditioning Association All-American Strength and Conditioning Athlete of the Year. He weighed 257 when he got to Fordham, but made the weight room a second home, especially after undergoing the same surgery as former Eagles running back Bryant Westbrook.

“Andrew is a true example of how hard work can turn an undersized freshman into an all-conference, dominating player.” said Fordham strength coach Ted Perlak.

Reminds me of a Peters situation, under the radar but then turning into a great find in a year or two.

I hope our scouting department looks under every rock and covers every base out there, especially when the prospect is in our own state. It will be intersting to see where this guy lands and how he pans out.

IF he's got any potential, you don't wait until the 7th round. Take him in the 5th.

I just hope our scouting department is on this guy, we need some "Tom Brady" luck to turn this ship around.

sounds super raw, you want to pick another D.Bell in the 5th?

Bell didn't bench even half the number of reps that this guy did, so that's a major difference right there. And Bell only started playing football when he got to college. I don't know if they kid did as well, or what length his arms are, but it's worth a shot if those are favorable. Who else are you saving that 5th rounder for?

• 4 weeks later...
if he's undrafted or we can get him in the 7th, i'd be pumped. my buddy from bk alerted me to this guy bc of the ukrainian connection (i'm ukrainian).

looking at this tho: http://walterfootball.com/draft2010OT.php i don't know if he'll last that long.

He went to Indy off the street, Polian thought enough to snap him up at no risk.

His physical growth has been nothing short of amazing.

I hear he weighed only 160 pounds when he defected from the Moscow Ballet at the age of 16.

I think you're confused. He was into classical music composition. But most of his pieces WERE written for the Moscow Ballet so I can see how you arrived at your error.

GO BILLS!!!