Very interesting analysis re: projecting sack totals

Granted, the the SackSeeker model is SLIGHTLY misleading in its accuracy of predicting past prospects (like Schobel and Flowers), as it is BUILT off of those numbers. Realistically, it will be just a tad less accurate at predicting sack totals on current/future prospects. But still, better than nothing :rolleyes:

Interesting to see their take on Derrick Morgan, projecting just slightly above average sack production.

Also Pierre-Paul - in line with Buddy's 1-year-wonder theory.

Only 46 more sacks over the next 6 years to beat the projection.

I'm hoping that the new coaching staff has a clue how to exploit his talent because it's pretty obvious the past regime had no clue how to use him or what to do with him.

Last years coaching staff was comparable to a 30 housewife (domestic engineer) having a Ferrari as her grocery getter. Sure it looks nice but she has no clue how to drive a stick or what to do with it once it rolls down the driveway.

It is far to early in Maybin's career to label him a bust. Everyone was jumping on the bust bandwagon for Mario Williams at the draft and after the first year, but he has pretty much shut up all those critics. Imagine if he had a stronger team around him.

It might be time for the Bills to build the defense with some playmakers that would allow Maybin's talents to rise to the top.

I say trade back in the 1st, pick up an extra pick or two, and get some playmakers on both sides of the ball in this draft.

Did anyone read through the comments on that site and find the original article?

http://thegoodbyeladiesdraftreport.blogspo...-4-rush_19.html

Check out who #1 is.

That's actually encouraging. You know, I do think that Maybin looked pretty quick in the last couple of games despite not getting a sack. Maybe playing in a 3-4 will make the difference.