Walter Football: Bradford vs. Clausen Comparison

They're the most pro-Clausen of any site I've seen.

There's such a wide range of opinions in regards to Clausen. In an article in the draft issue of Bills Digest, Russ Lande says he's a second round talent. He also claims that he's never spoken to anyone who sees him as a top 15 player, even those who love him.

I'm pro-Clausen by all means and hope we draft the guy, but I don't see him as a better prospect than Bradford. If they were both on the board, I take Bradford. I do, however, think that both will be legitimate franchise QB's in the NFL.

edit: Mayock video on Clausen's Pro Day workout http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...usen-evaluation

I'm pro-Clausen by all means and hope we draft the guy, but I don't see him as a better prospect than Bradford. If they were both on the board, I take Bradford. I do, however, think that both will be legitimate franchise QB's in the NFL.

edit: Mayock video on Clausen's Pro Day workout http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...usen-evaluation

It doesn`t matter who we pick . He goes through some rookie growing pains or needs alittle more time to adjust to the pro level and this board will be hunting for his head. Look at Sanchez with his growing pains,5 picks against us. He had a rocky start but came on .

The guy is very pro Clausen but I agree with him in this case. Bradford transition from spread to a pro offence is unknown so he has more upside? He has been hurt the last two times he has been hit, the type of hits that a pro QB would take 10 times a game, the point the article makes about a spread offense and a stacked line at OU is true. What happens when Bradford gets killed in St. Louis as Stafford did last year in Detroit does anyone really see him making it through the season? His arm strength is average, does this sound like a consensus #1 pick. He sounds like a great young kid and apparently is very accurate which is huge plus, I guess time will tell.

There's such a wide range of opinions in regards to Clausen. In an article in the draft issue of Bills Digest, Russ Lande says he's a second round talent. He also claims that he's never spoken to anyone who sees him as a top 15 player, even those who love him.

our own insider here has said the Bills ONLY have Bradford as the guy worth a first round grade.

I guess I see that a little exaggerated.... I know people like mel kiper aren't scouts and gms but it seems most if not all put him top 10

The most Matt McGuire could say about Bradford was "what do you expect, he played behind the greatest Oline in the history of college sports". If he had really watched Bradford, he'd know that, except for roll outs, most of his passes came out in 3 seconds or less. He has a quick release and good recognition skills.

Then obviously he has never spoken to Kiper, Jaws, Gruden, Mayock and Scott Wright and many other draft "gurus" who all are very very high on Clausen who think and have said repeatedly that Clausen is a top 10 pick. Hell even Todd McShay who has stated many times he's not a big fan of Clausen, has Clausen as a top 15 player and pick. Lande is one of those people that has a very very small group of people people he gets information from and talks to but he passes everything on like he talks to everyone.

Russ Lande is always off on his evaluations. Hes the same guy that claimed John McCargo and Keith Ellison where going to be solid starters and surprise alot of people. Hes the same person that Rated JP Losman better than Phillip Rivers and Big Ben. He's the same guy that said Brady Quinn is going to be an all pro. Hes the same guy that said Darrell Revis was a late first round talent or early second round talent. He also said Micheal Oher was at best a early second round talent.

This year Russ Lande thinks Patrick Robinson (CB) is a top 10/15 pick and better than the likes of Joe Haden and Jerome Murphy :thumbsup:

Russ Lande is also the guy that gets 2-4 of his first round mock draft predictions right each year.

Point is Russ Lande claims alot but hes wrong way more often than he is right. Hell Todd McShay is more creditable than Russ Lande. Anyone that sources Lande really needs to find new sources of information. I have read his evaluations and mock drafts in the Bills Digest 2 or 3 times and he tends to say the opposite about many players than most people say about them

So, Lande has never spoken to Mike Mayock, who has him in the top ten? Never spoken to Mayock? I find that hard to believe.

The most Matt McGuire could say about Bradford was "what do you expect, he played behind the greatest Oline in the history of college sports". If he had really watched Bradford, he'd know that, except for roll outs, most of his passes came out in 3 seconds or less. He has a quick release and good recognition skills.

Recognizing the correct guy to throw to is a looooooooooooooooot easier in a spread offense. And yeah, his throws came out in three seconds or less, but he was absolutely unbothered in those three seconds. Most quarterbacks just can't say that. Anyone who thinks that a great offensive line doesn't help a quarterback a lot ... well, actually, not too many people out there don't realize that.

Bradford's very good. Nobody's saying he isn't.

Recognizing the correct guy to throw to is a looooooooooooooooot easier in a spread offense. And yeah, his throws came out in three seconds or less, but he was absolutely unbothered in those three seconds.

Except that as a redshirt freshman, he played mostly under center in a 2 or 3 wide set, threw for 36 TD's and 3000+ yards. I figured a draft guru like Matt McGuire would have known that, especially when he's trying to analyze someone. Guess not.

Most quarterbacks just can't say that. Anyone who thinks that a great offensive line doesn't help a quarterback a lot ... well, actually, not too many people out there don't realize that.

And fewer understand that a QB with quick decision making skills and a quick release can make an Oline look better than it really may be.

Bradford's very good. Nobody's saying he isn't.

Nearly every statement he made on Bradford was qualified in some manner. That's fine, he's entitled to his opinion. He's not right, but he's entitled to it.

They both might suck. I'll trust our FO and coaches (what other choice do we have?) but I'm not a fan of either of these 2 QBs. They may succeed but if Locker or Mallett would in this draft, I'd rather both those 2 guys over Clausen or Bradford. I don't want to settle on a QB because we need one.

Trade a 5th for Campbell, test drive him a year, maybe draft Tebow in the 2nd, or hope to get one of the top 3 QBs next year (Locker, Mallett, and possibly Pryor).