Details of statement against Big Ben are released.

Bottom line: I refuse to live in a world where this floozie is the victim and BR's the scumbag, and there's nothing in between.

I think she bears some responsibility. Especially since she told the cop she didn't know if she'd been raped or not. I don't think there is any excuse to rape a girl but she needs to keep herself sober enough to recall what happened an hour ago. How can she say she didn't say ok if she can't remember anything?

The problem for this girl is that so many other women have tried to shake down athletes for big money that it causes a lot of scrutiny to anyone who makes the claim. As I said before I think he's guilty but not beyond a reasonable doubt. JMO

If this really happened the worst thing she could do is sue him unless she donates all of any judgment to charity. If she sues for a lot of money it will just make her look like another gold digger.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what part of the report don't some of you understand?

1) Girl was obviously intoxicated.

2) Girl tried to get way.

3) BR pursued and cornered/contained her leaving her no exit.

4) Girl said "No."

5) BR had his way and walked away.

He is damned lucky a) she wasn't underaged(for legal consent), b) that no neutral party account exists and c) she doesn't want to pursue this (no doubt feeling stupid and already vulnerable).

All the while there were people facilitating this travesty to occur. This might not be "rape" to the letter of the law, but in some states this might be sexual assault or a felony molestation case.

What kind of man continues to take advantage of a girl that's drunk and has said "No?" I don't get it.

The guy bought himself out of trouble. As simple as that. Regardless of what the DA says BR's high profile has made the DA extremely cautious in prosecuting. There are others who have gone to jail for less and even when the "victim" agreed it was consensual.

In some other reports it was noted that the jury took about 20 mins to throw the case out. But because she was under aged (He just turned 18), mandatory stat rape laws went into effect. Ironically he would have been better off being found guilty on the rape charge. The boy's name is Marcus Dixon. He was supposed to go to Vanderbilt before all this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dixon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/23/usa.garyyounge

Anybody who thinks wealth & position didn't play a part in this, is just super naive. BR might not have been charged with rape, but there probably are other legal instruments (esp. in the state of GA) that could have been used to pursue this case. Difficult case? Sure. But the DA took a look at who BR was and what kind of resources he would have access to and decided not to hock the resources of the state of GA to go after BR.

The girl should have exercised better judgment certainly. But she was literally, legally and figuratively screwed.

C

ps Having a DTF pendant on yourself should not make you a sexual target. WTF?

He should not be allowed on the football field. He is scum.

He should not be allowed on the football field. He is scum.

Yeah. All NFL players and coaches spend all of their free time at church oriented social activities. Didn't this horrible disgusting rapist get the memo? Football is such a wholesome and spiritual activity that anyone having the audacity to be accused of a scumbag act should not even be allowed into a stadium, much less play the holy game. People like BR, Lynch, Jim Kelly (Before you ask), OJ etc etc should never EVER be allowed to play this game.

Look what part of the report don't some of you understand?

1) Girl was obviously intoxicated.

2) Girl tried to get way.

3) BR pursued and cornered/contained her leaving her no exit.

4) Girl said "No."

5) BR had his way and walked away.

He is damned lucky a) she wasn't underaged(for legal consent), b) that no neutral party account exists and c) she doesn't want to pursue this (no doubt feeling stupid and already vulnerable).

All the while there were people facilitating this travesty to occur. This might not be "rape" to the letter of the law, but in some states this might be sexual assault or a felony molestation case.

What kind of man continues to take advantage of a girl that's drunk and has said "No?" I don't get it.

The guy bought himself out of trouble. As simple as that. Regardless of what the DA says BR's high profile has made the DA extremely cautious in prosecuting. There are others who have gone to jail for less and even when the "victim" agreed it was consensual.

In some other reports it was noted that the jury took about 20 mins to throw the case out. But because she was under aged (He just turned 18), mandatory stat rape laws went into effect. Ironically he would have been better off being found guilty on the rape charge. The boy's name is Marcus Dixon. He was supposed to go to Vanderbilt before all this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dixon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/23/usa.garyyounge

Anybody who thinks wealth & position didn't play a part in this, is just super naive. BR might not have been charged with rape, but there probably are other legal instruments (esp. in the state of GA) that could have been used to pursue this case. Difficult case? Sure. But the DA took a look at who BR was and what kind of resources he would have access to and decided not to hock the resources of the state of GA to go after BR.

The girl should have exercised better judgment certainly. But she was literally, legally and figuratively screwed.

C

ps Having a DTF pendant on yourself should not make you a sexual target. WTF?

Do you have a daughter?

Suppose yes, would raise her to wear a necklace brandishing DTF? And even (as PTP stipulates) she's wearing it ironically, would you raise her to boast about its meaning to a professional athlete than follow him around to bars all night?

You honestly think this girl is 100% innocent an BR is 100% guilty?

Do you have a daughter?

Suppose yes, would raise her to wear a necklace brandishing DTF? And even (as PTP stipulates) she's wearing it ironically, would you raise her to boast about its meaning to a professional athlete than follow him around to bars all night?

This DTF necklace is a reference to the movie "Superbad", it is not proof of being a slut or a floozie. The 28 year old professional athlete should have told the 19 and 20 year old girls to beat it when they told him their age. Instead, he bought them drinks and made a point to seperate one of them away from her friends. The underage girl was obviously intoxicated but Ben was sober enough to realize he needed to keep the friends away.

This DTF necklace is a reference to the movie "Superbad", it is not proof of being a slut or a floozie. The 28 year old professional athlete should have told the 19 and 20 year old girls to beat it when they told him their age. Instead, he bought them drinks and made a point to seperate one of them away from her friends. The underage girl was obviously intoxicated but Ben was sober enough to realize he needed to keep the friends away.

And you're right. He was wrong to do that.

wearing a DTF necklace in a club, basically it means she is a slut.

That said, I'll take the officer's statement on this as the most reliable thing. That said, she may have had sex with him, but I don't think that it was rape if any sex did happen. The big thing would be if she got a rape kit that night, and his DNA matched up and there was signs of sexual assault then yes i could believe the allegations at that point.

The same officer who was posing for pictures with Roethlisberger earlier that evening, and conveniently omitted his name from the initial incident report? Think I'd sooner trust BR.

I've never been in legal trouble, but I wouldn't trust a cop's words as far as I could throw him or her. As Lynch's case revealed to me, for the little guy who doesn't personally know them (and as in this case, isn't a fan of yours), the cops are NOT your friend and are there to get as much dirt on you as possible, so as to get a conviction. They'll even lie and cover-up the truth, like that Maryland fan who got pummeled by the cops after his team beat Duke. And I won't claim that this is the norm, but it's enough to develop a distrust of them.

I think she bears some responsibility. Especially since she told the cop she didn't know if she'd been raped or not. I don't think there is any excuse to rape a girl but she needs to keep herself sober enough to recall what happened an hour ago. How can she say she didn't say ok if she can't remember anything?

The problem for this girl is that so many other women have tried to shake down athletes for big money that it causes a lot of scrutiny to anyone who makes the claim. As I said before I think he's guilty but not beyond a reasonable doubt. JMO

If this really happened the worst thing she could do is sue him unless she donates all of any judgment to charity. If she sues for a lot of money it will just make her look like another gold digger.

I've seen the "maybe she doesn't remember saying yes" as a defense in a lot of debates. I mean.... Seriously?!?!?!

Its sad we live in a world that is even thought yet alone socially acceptable enough that people would bring it up in this debate.

Do you have a daughter?

Yes

She would be definitely guilty of bad taste and bad judgment. I'd ream her out for that. But an invite to sexual assault? How da leap?

Again, see above. She demonstrated lack of judgment and taste. Please explain how that justifies BR's actions? Are you saying it was OK for BR not to stop because she was wearing said pendant. Or better yet just because she was in the VIP area by her own choice, it was OK for her to be isolated and for BR to force himself on her in her impaired state?

You should put that up on a public web site: "By decree, if you enter the private party area of a famous athlete with lots of cash and is buying you free drinks in spite of the fact that you're underaged, and hereto, wear a pendant that says DTF and explain what that means to the famous athlete, you hereby have invited the athlete to expose himself to you and force his sexual desire upon yourself. Even if you are impaired and are unable to fend for yourself in an isolated area of the venue."

This is an extension of the whole, "if a woman dresses provocatively, she is "asking for it.""

Welcome to the 21st century.

C

ps. the cops all involved in this incident either as bodyguards or first responders, are now no longer associated with their respective departments, So much for their integrity. There are good cops and bad cops, and in between. I'm not ready to say they're bad. But obviously they weren't saints here either.

Yes

She would be definitely guilty of bad taste and bad judgment. I'd ream her out for that. But an invite to sexual assault? How da leap?

Again, see above. She demonstrated lack of judgment and taste. Please explain how that justifies BR's actions? Are you saying it was OK for BR not to stop because she was wearing said pendant. Or better yet just because she was in the VIP area by her own choice, it was OK for her to be isolated and for BR to force himself on her in her impaired state?

You should put that up on a public web site: "By decree, if you enter the private party area of a famous athlete with lots of cash and is buying you free drinks in spite of the fact that you're underaged, and hereto, wear a pendant that says DTF and explain what that means to the famous athlete, you hereby have invited the athlete to expose himself to you and force his sexual desire upon yourself. Even if you are impaired and are unable to fend for yourself in an isolated area of the venue."

This is an extension of the whole, "if a woman dresses provocatively, she is "asking for it.""

Welcome to the 21st century.

C

ps. the cops all involved in this incident either as bodyguards or first responders, are now no longer associated with their respective departments, So much for their integrity. There are good cops and bad cops, and in between. I'm not ready to say they're bad. But obviously they weren't saints here either.

I've acknowledged, repeatedly, that BR had some serious lapses in judgment.

I'm not sure that matters.

It does in a court of law. If you're on a jury and a guy (any guy) is on trial for rape and the girl can't remember if she was raped just a little while after the alleged attack and the hospital couldn't find any evidence of rape and she was extremely intoxicated how would you vote? I'd have to give the guy a pass. Even after hearing everything else involved in this case. It's possible he came on really strong and she said no and he stopped short of raping her. Is he admirable? No. Is he a guy I'd like to pal around with? No. Is he guilty of rape beyond a reasonable doubt? No.

I've seen the "maybe she doesn't remember saying yes" as a defense in a lot of debates. I mean.... Seriously?!?!?!

Its sad we live in a world that is even thought yet alone socially acceptable enough that people would bring it up in this debate.

Accusing someone of rape is a very serious accusation. Unfortunately, a lot of women have said they were raped when they weren't for a variety of reasons. So somebody has to take a very close look at the facts. If she wasn't drunk I'd never have brought that up but she was so drunk she couldn't even remember if she was raped at all. That's why I said she might not remember saying yes. She obviously couldn't remember something that the vast majority of women would find unforgettable just an hour or so after it happened. JMO

This girl isn't the innocent little wallflower a lot of you seem to think she is. She did nothing that excuses a rape but she also used very little common sense and kept showing up at clubs he was at. If he made her so uncomfortable then she should have gone elsewhere or stayed where she was originally or moved to a different part of the club.

I've acknowledged, repeatedly, that BR had some serious lapses in judgment.

You know what Cat, I think we are pretty much on the same page.

I can't say if BR raped this girl but at the very least he made some poor choices.

Poor choices don't prove rape but they suggest bad guy.

You have never been really, really drunk then. I can't tell you how many times I have blacked out and remembered nothing, just to find out bits and pieces even weeks later from random people I had no recollection of meeting. Alcohol is a strong drug.

Someone my age, shouldn't be buying drinks for a known minor and cordoning off an area from her friends with a line bodyguards. Who knows if it's out right rape but it is certainly scum baggery at a high level and his actions were deplorable.

Exactly. It is predatory what BR did. And that is wrong.

You have never been really, really drunk then. I can't tell you how many times I have blacked out and remembered nothing, just to find out bits and pieces even weeks later from random people I had no recollection of meeting. Alcohol is a strong drug.

Yes. Friends take care of friends... I don't know about others, but my friends and I were taught to take care of each other... No matter how drunk and stupid we got. Not humiliate them even further.

It all boils down to empathy. Yes, EMPATHY. That is a mighty important word that some people just don't get. I don't know what it is about our society and how it seems that the word empathy is losing serious ground in our culture. IMO, it is because we are being desensitized to everything around us.

BR has absolutely NO character. This is all about power and control. Don't get me wrong, I am not sticking up for the young lady here... But the onus was in BR's court to "do the right thing." He of course failed.

The problem is the huge power/money disparity between people in society. Not that I am military guy, but isn't this one of the reasons there are rules against fraternizing between the officer ranks and the enlisted ranks?

Do you have a daughter?

Yes. I also have a son too, and hopefully I can raise him to have empathy and be a man of character.

No. Yet, I can only steer my children in the right direction. They will do what they unexplicably will do, especially being young and having new found freedom and control.

Yes.

Ben is the one that was in control here. The girl had friends trying to help her out of this mess... Yes a mess they bare some responsibility.

We need to start rasing boys to grow up to be men of character... Obvioulsy, the Rothlisbergers failed with Ben.

Again, the onus is on the "man" here... No matter what the female throws at him!

This whole deal is complete horsesh*t...really...I mean, she wanted pictures taken with him at the first club...then BR and crew bounced...she followed them out back...then they bounced again...then she followed them to another club...she's got the DTF jewelry on and OBVIOUSLY star chasin him...her first statement was they didnt even have sex...then she wasn't sure...then she's too drunk to remember and Ben all of a sudden forced her to take a bunch of shots...GIVE ME A BREAK...and the DA says they ain't got a case and drop it...now Pitts wants to trade him and Goodhitler NFL nazi commissioner is meeting with him and giving him hell...GET OFF THE GUYS BACK FOR CRIPES SAKE...yeah he's a manchild with an attitude and told this ho errrrr I mean girl off at least three times...please...and now all you buffalo rejects are crucifying him...but that's to be expected...we hate everyone on TBD...except The Virgin Tebow

The whole sordid mess is disturbing. When the first case came out, I found it unlikely. I mean the woman was clearly crazy, and no way would a guy who can get sex at a moments notice rape a girl, right? After talking it over with a couple of friends, one lady brought up the idea of entitlement. The idea being that some men when put in a situation where there are all these women lining up to have sex with them get used to it. So if a girl says no, she doesn't really mean it. After all doesn't she know who he is? Obviously psychoanalyzing someone from a distance is impossible, but in my mind, this is a distinct possibility.

With this second woman, I am fairly sure Ben at the minimum did something insanely stupid. I am inclined to think he raped her. The shots, seen it thousands of times, men eager to get in a woman's panties buying drink after drink. Sorry, taking her away from her friends and then keeping them from her screams volumes. Sure the woman might be a scheming gold-digger slut. I know nothing about her. I do know there are other allegations against Ben. I hope the truth comes out. And when it does, assuming it is what I think, I hope they put him away for a long time.