Clausen is a Bum

Gruden was completely ridiculous in that "interview." It was like watching Gruden trying to present himself as a football 'guru' more than getting information from Clausen. However, I'm on the Clausen train so I could just be seeing only what I want to see.

EDIT: Rewatched. Maybe he isn't "ridiculous," but Gruden still rubs me the wrong way.

Clausen is A bum. A BUST! Count it! Hes gonna be in Oakland I can see it now. The Bills will not pick him!

Boller just went to Oakland. so Raiders now have Boller, Russell & Gradkowski. doubt they'll pick Clausen. of course, who knows w/ Davis.

Honestly, I have no idea where Clausen will go. Watching Tebow play, I thought he looked really good. If Clausen is a better prospect than Tebow, he could be a good prospect for the Bills. Of course, I'm no expert. I would just hate it, hate it if he turned in someone like Phillip Rivers, and the Bills are still bringing in guys like RJ and JP. How long is it going to be?

It stinks that the Raiders migth grab Clausen, because then he will be guaranteed to be a bust, as they can destroy anyone.

Things I think people all too often forget about Clausen around here:

1- He played in a high pressure environment and did pretty well.

2- He is captain anti-checkdown and has the guts and arm to put the ball anywhere on the field.

3- Early in the offseason many analysts had him ranked ahead of even Bradford, and Mel Kiper still has him there.

Finally, we all pray at the alter of Jim Kelly on this board (and rightfully so) but people somehow don't like that JC might be an ego driven, gunslinging, a-hole. What was Kelly? He refused to play for Buffalo out of a desire for more money and a flashier setting. He was a prima donna QB from the U, who was never afraid to get in a receiver's face or above occaionally throwing someone under the bus. (Remember the bickering Bills) To boot, Jim Kelly was a drunk who would go out and get wasted even during super bowl week. That's not the profile of every great QB, but looking at a number of the great QBs who have been like this (Kelly, Bradshaw, Namath to name only a few) maybe taking a flyer on Clausen wouldn't be so bad.

The comparissons to Kelly run even deeper, people talk about how Claussen got clocked at a restaurant when he was out with his family having dinner as if that is another reason not to like him. Remember when Kelly got clocked by Harbbaugh, who broke a bone in his hand off Kelly's dome after Kelly called him soft?

Honestly, I have no idea where Clausen will go. Watching Tebow play, I thought he looked really good. If Clausen is a better prospect than Tebow, he could be a good prospect for the Bills. Of course, I'm no expert. I would just hate it, hate it if he turned in someone like Phillip Rivers, and the Bills are still bringing in guys like RJ and JP. How long is it going to be?

Tebow did look good, excellent, but in a college spread system. Clausen played in pro-style system. Tebow may well be good someday, but it won't be in 2010.

:w00t:

It stinks that the Raiders migth grab Clausen, because then he will be guaranteed to be a bust, as they can destroy anyone.

Things I think people all too often forget about Clausen around here:

1- He played in a high pressure environment and did pretty well.

2- He is captain anti-checkdown and has the guts and arm to put the ball anywhere on the field.

3- Early in the offseason many analysts had him ranked ahead of even Bradford, and Mel Kiper still has him there.

Finally, we all pray at the alter of Jim Kelly on this board (and rightfully so) but people somehow don't like that JC might be an ego driven, gunslinging, a-hole. What was Kelly? He refused to play for Buffalo out of a desire for more money and a flashier setting. He was a prima donna QB from the U, who was never afraid to get in a receiver's face or above occaionally throwing someone under the bus. (Remember the bickering Bills) To boot, Jim Kelly was a drunk who would go out and get wasted even during super bowl week. That's not the profile of every great QB, but looking at a number of the great QBs who have been like this (Kelly, Bradshaw, Namath to name only a few) maybe taking a flyer on Clausen wouldn't be so bad.

The comparissons to Kelly run even deeper, people talk about how Claussen got clocked at a restaurant when he was out with his family having dinner as if that is another reason not to like him. Remember when Kelly got clocked by Harbbaugh, who broke a bone in his hand off Kelly's dome after Kelly called him soft?

:blush:

I think Claussen's a turd, and will be a Brady Quinn-esque buster, but Gruden is intolerable.

The guy tries to present himself as some tough guy, but he looks like he should be doing stunt work for Ellen Degeneres. I'd like to break down the film of him getting his lunch money taken every day as a kid, and critique his resultant Napoleon complex.

Clausen is A bum. A BUST! Count it! Hes gonna be in Oakland I can see it now. The Bills will not pick him!

So logical and well-reasoned. I'm sure a fine post like this will draw a lot of excellent responses. I'm sure nobody would ever treat you like a troll.