With the 1st Pick in the 2011 Draft

drewfla

The Bills select Jake Locker, QB, University of Washington. I think this is the future franchise QB. A local sports radio show down here was going through each teams schedule (not the right weeks obviously) and figuring out records and then doing some speculating on 2011. They agreed with my ominous thought on this year.

We'll see but this schedule outside of the Lions and Browns is going to be tough to see a lot of wins this year. I'm trying to think like a Japanese automaker however and not panic!

Dude, we are all going insane with all this nonsense dealing with THIS YEARS draft. Please give it a couple months before we start campaigning for someone in 2011.

I thought I would try and shift the focus. Dan Williams will help the D big time this year though.

We are not a good team. Unfortunately, we are also not a genuinely horrible team.

Your prediction should read like this:

With the 1st pick in the 2011 draft, the Lions / Rams/ Raiders select Jake Locker.

Having missed out on the only two guys rated as franchise QBs in the 2011 draft, selecting 11th, the Buffalo Bills select some pretty solid guy for the defense.

its often said that you have to hit rock bottom before you can bounce back up. one of the problems the Bills have had is being "ok" at times and ending up with a 7-9 or 8-8 record and consistently picking around 9-15 in the draft.

i know nobody WANTS to lose, but teams like San Diego and Arizona were built by picking in the top 5 for years on end. Heck, even the Patriots started turning it around by picking early for a few years in a row (back when the Bills would KILL them twice a year).

in order to really rebuild this team, we may have to prepare to get through a season or two of flat out sucking. i HOPE buddy can turn it around quickly, without having to tank it. but at this point, after 10+ years of floundering, i'd take a horrible losing season if it meant finally getting a franchise QB back on the team. hopefully we can find one in this years draft...

its often said that you have to hit rock bottom before you can bounce back up. one of the problems the Bills have had is being "ok" at times and ending up with a 7-9 or 8-8 record and consistently picking around 9-15 in the draft.

i know nobody WANTS to lose, but teams like San Diego and Arizona were built by picking in the top 5 for years on end. Heck, even the Patriots started turning it around by picking early for a few years in a row (back when the Bills would KILL them twice a year).

in order to really rebuild this team, we may have to prepare to get through a season or two of flat out sucking. i HOPE buddy can turn it around quickly, without having to tank it. but at this point, after 10+ years of floundering, i'd take a horrible losing season if it meant finally getting a franchise QB back on the team. hopefully we can find one in this years draft...

I'm sure our front office along with scouting department are assessing and measuring not only this years class, but also next years potential class of draftees. So if they manage their expectations for this upcoming season, against the reasonable expectations of other teams in the league, they should have a good idea of where they will be picking in next year's draft. They can then conclude or project which prospects will be available to them when they are picking next year, which should help them make their selection this year.

How can you say that we are better than ANY team in the league right now. While I don't think that you can say that we will be picking first in 2011, that scenario is much more likey than picking where we are this year at #9. I still don't know how we won as many games as we did last year given the poor QB and OL play along with a defense that tried really hard, but was outmatched most of the time