NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? The Devils won how many cups based on a system?

But anyways, if Fleury didn't suck ass, it would be 2-0.

But hey, at least your forwards have talent.

The Devils won a ton of cups based on a system. Did I say they didn't? It's just BS hockey though. It's boring, but it worked. Nothing wrong with it. But my god, they score and try to pack it in all game. If everyone played the game like Montreal, nobody would like hockey. I'm not saying they shouldn't play that way......they should......as a matter of fact, they have to. It's just painful to watch.

They really aren't that gritty. They aren't great shot blockers, they just pack it in the zone and get hit by default. It's just kind of weird, you aren't really sure what is being done to you, but you end up losing the game.

Their defense doesn't allow a lot of good chances, so I'm not sure if Halak is good yet, or if they are just a system team. We'll see more Tuesday night. I can see why the Caps lost though, because no one has seen this type of system yet.

He was just making up for Gomez playing like a goon in game 1. Quit whining about hits. Wahhhhhhh.

Good game though.

Hits like that deserve permanent suspensions.

Lapierre did the same thing and it was terrible.

Jacques Martin's system is very well known, just ask the Leafs. The only difference was Lalime < Halak.

Hits like that deserve permanent suspensions.

Lapierre did the same thing and it was terrible.

Jacques Martin's system is very well known, just ask the Leafs. The only difference was Lalime < Halak.

I somehow doubt it was all Lalime. Halak was alright today, but nothing really outstanding. They played a great system game in front of him. I can't really sit here and admit that I was wowed by Halak today. And he was shelled in game 1. Halak was extraordinary vs. the Caps. Today he was good, but the reason for the win was that the Habs forced their game on the Pens.

Well done.

A goon is a goon. Adams isn't really known for that stuff. But playing like an ass is playing like an ass. Today Adams played like one, and Friday, Gomez did. Every team, every series, guys show their ass. I didn't like Adams hit either, but I'm not going to whine about guys playing like goons, when every team has them.

He was just making up for Gomez playing like a goon in game 1. Quit whining about hits. Wahhhhhhh.

Good game though.

I'm not the one who called the game misconduct.

Guerin sucks and 2-1 isn't must-win.

Well, Guerin doesn't suck. He's a role player on a team that is pressed against the cap because of their stars. He's a steady vet. And down 2-1 to a Montreal team, who is at home for game 4, and coming off of tremendous momentum from the Caps series and in game 2 in Pittsburgh is pretty much as must win as it gets.

Meazza,

Soooooo, would you like to call out Fleury again??? I mean, he had some great saves, and yeah, he faced a little bit less shots than Halak, but I mean you have to consider that Montreal doesn't even try to score goals until they are losing late in third periods.

Tough game, but cmon Montreal, you are gonna have to come out and actually play offense at some point arent ya? I admire the coaching being done, but you can't hide in the defensive zone all game.

Go Pens. :wallbash:

Meazza,

Soooooo, would you like to call out Fleury again??? I mean, he had some great saves, and yeah, he faced a little bit less shots than Halak, but I mean you have to consider that Montreal doesn't even try to score goals until they are losing late in third periods.

Tough game, but cmon Montreal, you are gonna have to come out and actually play offense at some point arent ya? I admire the coaching being done, but you can't hide in the defensive zone all game.

Go Pens. :wallbash:

Habs played well first period.

Second period it was more Pens.

Third period, Pens picked it up and MA shut it down. There's a funny thing when Frenchies come back to play in Mtl as the hometown villain.

Oh, and I officially hate Crosby. Little whining B word.

Habs played well first period.

Second period it was more Pens.

Third period, Pens picked it up and MA shut it down. There's a funny thing when Frenchies come back to play in Mtl as the hometown villain.

Oh, and I officially hate Crosby. Little whining B word.

I used to hate Sid the kid. Not anymore, he's GOLDen. :wallbash:

3-0 series lead for the sharks.

Western teams look pretty good. That Hawks - Vancouver game last night was amazing, back and forth hockey. I don't think an Eastern team can beat the west this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think so.

Western teams look pretty good. That Hawks - Vancouver game last night was amazing, back and forth hockey. I don't think an Eastern team can beat the west this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think so.

The Blackhawks-Predators series and the Kings-Canucks series were the best of the first round. Exciting, close, back and forth hockey. And I certainly don't hope you're wrong- I'd love to see the Sharks, Hawks, or Canucks win it all.

Jeez- this is sad...a Sabres fan having to choose between Montreal, Boston, or Philly... looks like Boston has the Flyers number... c'mon Canadians, wake up! No hate for Sidney Crosby or anything, I am just sick of seeing the Penguins and the Red Wings every year... I would love a Sharks/Canadians final! I can settle for Sharks/Bruins. Gotta admit, the Sabres crummy first round really took some of the steam out of the NHL playoffs for me, for a few weeks...but I am back...