Starting CB

WordByrd

I have heard a lot of praise for Drayton Florence's play while Leodis was out last year, but I wasn't all that impressed. With that being said, is there a chance Leodis loses his job to Florence? Leodis seems to lack in the awareness category but he's an athletic freak. Drayton is a little slower but seems to know where he needs to be. Who do you guys think/want starting at CB and nickel?

I thought that Florence did a hell of a job stepping in as the starting CB. I read this article a few months back and thought I'd share it: Burn Percentage

That being said, I still have a lot of faith in McKelvin for the starting role. He's only going to get better as he gets more experience. Our secondary is the one thing that seems secure at this point.

McKelvin will likely start because he was the 1st round pick. McKelvin to me seems to be a half step out of position on every play.

To me as well. Actually, I thought he was closer to a full step out of position but could make up half-a-step with his speed. (but still leaving him a half-step out)

I was very impressed with Drayton last year. He was both consistent and had very good plays. Not a turnover machine but had many great denials. I'm a touch more comfortable with Drayton as the starter even if it's to help light a fire under McKelvin to beat out the wiley veteran.

I think they will give McKelvin the benefit of the doubt, but he could be on a short leash with a new coaching regime. The guy has all the physical tools a corner needs but like someone said earlier, he always seems out of place. He relies too much on his physical tools and not to be an a**hole, but the guy doesn't seem overly bright. I thought Drayton Florence did a terrific job last year. I though he covered and hit well and is a few blown McKelvin coverages away from getting back in to the starting line up.

I think they will give McKelvin the benefit of the doubt, but he could be on a short leash with a new coaching regime. The guy has all the physical tools a corner needs but like someone said earlier, he always seems out of place. He relies too much on his physical tools and not to be an a**hole, but the guy doesn't seem overly bright. I thought Drayton Florence did a terrific job last year. I though he covered and hit well and is a few blown McKelvin coverages away from getting back in to the starting line up.

My thoughts as well. McKelvin has more big play potential but isn't as solid overall. I think McKelvin will be on a short leash so he better come to training camp ready.