Roger Waters "The Wall" tour dates

Mr Info

Roger says on his facebook page that this is BS...here's the his exact quote:

"Some of you may have seen a story going round, claiming that I paid person or persons unknown to deface a mural featured on the cover of the 2000 album Figure 8, by the late Elliott Smith, intentionally disrespecting his memory. What a load of crap..."

Oh, of course. Roger Waters isn't bothering with promotion. That's a given. Whoever did it--and it was part of the promotion for the new Roger Waters tour--probably did not know the significance of the wall. The defacement was easily removed....the wall is back to being a wall. primarily I get a kick out of how fast these conspiracy theories rise up. As if Roger Waters has some long simmering beef with Elliot Smith. But yeah man, his advertising agency put Roger Waters advertising on an unofficial shrine. he's going to get some blowback. The kids can't shake their fists at the street team.

Picked 3 cities. Got selected to join the presale for 1 show:

ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE - WACHOVIA CENTER - PHILADELPHIA, PA - NOVEMBER 9, 2010

For 2 tickets:

$366 Floor 7-9, Sec 103 or 111

$556 Floor 1-6

Youch! I can't imagine what he'll ask for the crappy seats.

ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE - WACHOVIA CENTER - PHILADELPHIA, PA - NOVEMBER 9, 2010

For 2 tickets:

$556 Floor 1-6

Presale for St. Paul, MN was available today. I was planning on going - until I saw the prices.

$199 for the floor (row 36), or lower-bowl.

$75 for the upper level seats

$55 for the upper level, far away from the stage seats

And that's before Ticket Master adds their prices...

Just received the below for the Buffalo show.

Thanks for being a part of the Lake Community. We have another benefit for you.

As you may know by now, Roger Waters is coming to the HSBC Arena with the 30th Anniversary Tour of the classic Pink Floyd album "The Wall", Friday October 8th.

And because you are a Lake Community Member, you can buy your tickets before they go on sale to the general public. This special window of opportunity is only until this Monday, May 9th at 10am.

Simply log onto http://protected.tickets.com/buy/TicketOns...&poid=22239 and use the password: "keyboard".

Your friends at 107.7 The Lake.

For 2 tickets:

$556 Floor 1-6

Somebody pointed out on page one that Roger is trying to do his part to not have scalpers jack up the prices.............I'm glad to see the money go straight to the multi-millionaires.

Somebody pointed out on page one that Roger is trying to do his part to not have scalpers jack up the prices.............I'm glad to see the money go straight to the multi-millionaires.

It was me. That's some big coin. We'll see if people are willing to pay that. I got good seats through Amex and I didn't (and wouldn't) pay that kind of $. That's a tough discussion - would I rather see the money go to the artist rather than some scalper? sure - but is it necessary to set the bar so high on tix? not knowing enough about the show he will be presenting, concert overhead associated with his show, etc. makes it difficult for me to make an assessment. This is probably his last big gig and I expect his show to be top notch. I'm comfortable with what I paid. I ended up getting a preferred seat selection at a couple of shows but didn't pick them up due to the price. But if others do and are comfortable with that price, I'm sure they'll see an amazing show.

Got an email that he added a Toronto third show..........Here's an example of how Roger is helping to beat the scalpers:

Section

Row

Seats

Description

FLR C

16 - 17

Price Level 1

Type

Roger Waters - The Wall Live - Official VIP Package

Price

CA $762.25 x 2

Price Details

Price Details

Type

Ticket Price

CA $760.00 x 2

Facility Charge

CA $2.25 x 2

SUBTOTAL*

CA $1,524.50

Of course, ticketmaster will tack on a little more before you finally pay for the tickets. Good thing Roger is so anti-capitalist with all his pig stuff and anti-scalper (who needs the money more - Roger or somebody trying to get by?)

Got an email that he added a Toronto third show..........Here's an example of how Roger is helping to beat the scalpers:

Section

Row

Seats

Description

FLR C

16 - 17

Price Level 1

Type

Price

CA $762.25 x 2

Price Details

Price Details

Type

Ticket Price

CA $760.00 x 2

Facility Charge

CA $2.25 x 2

SUBTOTAL*

CA $1,524.50

Of course, ticketmaster will tack on a little more before you finally pay for the tickets. Good thing Roger is so anti-capitalist with all his pig stuff and anti-scalper (who needs the money more - Roger or somebody trying to get by?)

You're posting VIP packages that include the best seats, food, special parking, t-shirt, and other stuff. I believe that the promoter puts together these 'packages', not Roger Waters. And these packages may be outside his jurisdiction. Anybody on TBD work for a concert promoter?

I'll defend Waters as everyone is jumping on him. Waters/Pink Floyd could have made a whole lot more $ than they did. They recently won a legal fight against EMI to not allow single downloads of their songs in order to "preserve the artistic integrity of the albums": Floyd/EMI legal wrangling

Have you ever seen official Pink Floyd dolls, pillows, pet gear, trading cards, etc or their songs promoting a product? There was/is $ to be made here but they did not choose to do so. I don't have the misconception that Floyd/Waters are entirely altruistic. Waters (and any other artist for that matter) is entitled to make as much money as he can. From the interviews I have read, he has tried to limit scalping and met opposition from TM when he wanted to do this. So, some compromises were made to address both sides. I didn't even consider the VIP packages since I don't want those perks. I guess there will be people willing to pay for these as I was just notified by e-mail that he just added about 10 more shows to his fall tour.

But with these vip seats, what you are really paying for is the seats. The food, parking, etc.'s value is not even close to the difference in price...........So, basically if you want great seats, this is what you're paying...........This is not just a TM thing. Waters had to sign off on this.