CNNSI.com

Reading the comments after that article ...makes me so sad for the state of things for this franchise:

"Clausen?? What a thought. The Bills have problems. As much as I would like to give Nixon and Gailey the benefit of doubt in trying to turn this around. It seems some thing is not right in the organzation. The Bills could have went after McNabb in a trade. Could have signed Delhomme, or Bulgar as free agents. Any of which would have been an upgrade to the QB spot. The Ravens have a tackle that they could have traded for. Flozell Adams is a free agent. A proven All Pro OT and they do not go after him. They could trade a number 2 pick and some thing else to get Edwards from the Broncos. With all that said, they could have turned around the offense and still have the #9 pick in the draft. All these possibilities and yet nothing is being done. The Bills need a tackle. That is the first need. It will be another losing season for the Bills unless a major move is made. "

Who is Edwards from the Broncos?

The idea of giving a coach and FO 1 season to turn around 10 yrs of dysfunction and sorry drafting is brilliant. That's worked out for...

...well hell, I don't know who it's ever worked out for, but it sounds like a hell of an idea. I'm for it.

gee...i guess i'm less happy with losing than you must be..but I don't consider a nine win season too much of a stretch for a team that has just had two 7-9 seasons. But maybe you want to give them four or five years to show any improvement?

the jury is still out on the Falcons. sure they arent a laughing stock after that ONE bad season, but they didnt suffer through 10 years of poor drafting and dysfunction as previously noted.

neither the saints, nor the cardinals, turned it around in one year. it's taken at least 3 years for each franchise.

The Atlanta Falcons went from a losing season to a nine win season in one year (2008 to 2009). Bwahhh....you kind of pooped the bed on that one Alex.

The cards went from a 5 win season to an 8 win season from 2006 to 2007 to divisional champs to ...

I think you'll find all of the teams he recommended went to nine win seasons...that's the criteria I set forth...not a divisional championship or the superbowl. Kind of a modest expectation in my humble opinion.

And the Bills MAY want to draft Tebow, too. I could have said that. (not a shot at you, Union...just at the quality reporting done by SI)

The Bills may Draft Clausen...

The Bills may Draft Tebow...

The Bills may Draft a LT with 9...

The Bills may trade the pick back...

I may be right atleast once... :unsure:

The Atlanta Falcons went from a losing season to a nine win season in one year (2008 to 2009). Bwahhh....you kind of pooped the bed on that one Alex.

The cards went from a 5 win season to an 8 win season from 2006 to 2007 to divisional champs to ...

I think you'll find all of the teams he recommended went to nine win seasons...that's the criteria I set forth...not a divisional championship or the superbowl. Kind of a modest expectation in my humble opinion.

i wont nitpick on the cardinals, ill give you that one. it wasnt a one year turn around, but they did finally turn around a disaster of a franchise.

the Falcons though... theyve had an owner willing to do what it takes to win. they won their division in 2004 and did not go through decades of dysfunction like the Bills have under Wilson. you say they went from a losing season to a winning season in one year, but the year before that losing season they were 8-8 and the year before that 11-5 and division champs... so the foundation has been there.

we havent had a foundation on this team since last millennium.

The Bills may Draft Clausen...

The Bills may Draft Tebow...

The Bills may Draft a LT with 9...

The Bills may trade the pick back...

I may be right atleast once... :unsure:

(It may not) but it could be as simple as this....

The Chiefs are true to their word. They don't take a safety high and draft Bulaga...then there is a good chance the Browns take Berry with number 7 and Clausen drops to the Bills.

OR

The Chiefs actually take Berry, the Browns don't pass on Clausen, and Bulaga drops to us.

Of course, none of this takes into account Crazy Al from Oakland.

gee...i guess i'm less happy with losing than you must be..but I don't consider a nine win season too much of a stretch for a team that has just had two 7-9 seasons. But maybe you want to give them four or five years to show any improvement?

The team isn't coming off a 7-9 season, and being upset about continuing to lose isn't a reason to become irrational. Pull your string.

Sometimes a coach can come in and it turns around in one season. Usually it takes 2-3 seasons, especially from where the Bills are. Firing a coach after 1 season b/c the team doesn't have a winning record is f*cking stupid. That's some Dan Snyder bullsht, it never works, and it's the kind of crap that keeps name coaches from wanting anything to do with your organization.

Reading the comments after that article ...makes me so sad for the state of things for this franchise:

"Clausen?? What a thought. The Bills have problems. As much as I would like to give Nixon and Gailey the benefit of doubt in trying to turn this around. It seems some thing is not right in the organzation. The Bills could have went after McNabb in a trade. Could have signed Delhomme, or Bulgar as free agents. Any of which would have been an upgrade to the QB spot. The Ravens have a tackle that they could have traded for. Flozell Adams is a free agent. A proven All Pro OT and they do not go after him. They could trade a number 2 pick and some thing else to get Edwards from the Broncos. With all that said, they could have turned around the offense and still have the #9 pick in the draft. All these possibilities and yet nothing is being done. The Bills need a tackle. That is the first need. It will be another losing season for the Bills unless a major move is made. "

No salary cap and we sat on our hands throughout the entire FA period. McNabb didn't want to play here...Cowher sure as sh-t didnt want to coach here.....Shanny too (the skins are getting healthier through some very smart moves)....

I see a lot of posts as if we have things to be excited about...that's why I love the fans here....they love their franchise so much....and deserve a much better product....and their owner is fukng this up in every way, shape and form.

U Fans Rock....stop attacking each other on these boards....you are not the problem.

One of the most accurate posts on here in awhile, with the only item of question is that they did supposedly try to trade for McNabb, although the offer might have been a slap in a future Hall of Famer's face. Only on this board do you hear that they refused the Bills offer because he wanted to play for a division rival to get even with the Eagles, that is fricking retarded. He wanted to play for a winner or at least a team that had an owner willing to spend to be a winner. This new front office hasn't done anything more impressive than the last few regimes have, so maybe it is the owner and his tight wallet. I agree with your view of the fans too, just to be on here posting day after day, whether voicing frustrations at the lack of quality of this team for over a decade, or the fans that no matter what happens they see positives in it and wouldn't think anything bad of Ralphie and his team even if they came in and dropped a bomb on their house, all love this franchise to a fault. The fans have been mistreated by this team for over a decade, been taken advantage of, been sold a rotten product, been lied and much more, but have remained the most loyal and dedicated fans in the NFL. You are correct, the fans, no matter what posts are made on here are not the problem, Team Ralphie and his Misfits are the problem, and it isn't going to get better anytime soon, and anyone not looking through rose colored glasses can clearly see that.

I hear ya man...there's misinformation, rationale and risks to every single move.....thats the game

The thing is.....we don't make ANY moves...you would think we would have targeted ONE marquee free agent to address ONE of our needs....not a T.O. PR stunt....a top quality player with upside left to fill ONE NEED.

We signed some B and C grade free agents that may pan out but, besides our 9 and 41, there's nothing that we can point to that takes one of our many needs right out of play so we can zero-in on the draft for other needs.

This offseason pre-draft....is worth a D+

Maybe we strikle some brilliant deals in the draft and get all our players we need. I have hope as I am sure you do too.

There were precious few really top-quality free agents who weren't getting old. Specifically, whom should the Bills have

gone after, price be damned, in FA?

Sure, I'd like them to sign every top available FA and trade the 5th-7th round draft choices for young-up-and-coming-already pro-bowl players, but that is just not all that reasonable to expect.

Yes, the Jets have made a splash this off-season. They've traded for a highly talented CB that SD didn't want because

he was a head-case and didn't tackle. They've signed LT on the down-side of his career and they've trade for a very

troubled (and suspended) Santonio Holmes. Still, I like how they built the core or their team with draft picks on the

OL and defense, only filling in a QB when most of the holes were filled....

Haven't seen this posted here. It's pretty much just an embellishment of reports that Clausen visited and met with the Bills at OBD. No indication the Bills are doing anything more than due diligence, but obviously the media is going to stir things up.

Link

The media? And yet you couldn't wait to do the same thing, to post it here and make sure everybody knows.

The media isn't the problem.

Whoever they draft I hope they make sure that the player wants to come here and isn't going to jerk us around ala Maybin. A lengthy hold out is the last thing we need.

PTR

I disagree, the last thing on the Bills mind should be rather or not they want to play for them.