Jason Campbell to sign his tender

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...gn-tender-soon/

Jason Campbell is going to sign his restricted free agent tender by Monday apparently. And with the draft closing in fast coupled with Campbell being asked to stay away from team workouts, a trade is immiment.

I happen to fall into the group of Bills fans who would like to see Campbell play for the Bills. He's talented and productive and IMO he would do well in here. Here's hoping we make a serious offer for him. I would gladly part with a 4th for his services. Perhaps throwing in Parrish or another late pick this year or next to sweeten the deal.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we stay away from Campbell. He is better than anything on the roster, but I think when you rebuild, you shoot for great, not slightly above average. He is no cornerstone to build around.

Why we would not trade a 4th round pick is befuddling to me.....

Unless we really like Clausen.

Agreed. Campbell is coming off of a 3,600 yard, 20 TD, 15 INT season. He's played with lackluster weapons/line and too many coaching changes and still has done well.

With Gailey calling the offense and his rep of getting the most out of his QB, it seems a no-brainer to me. Clausen, Tebow or whoever we may be targeting, they are unknows on the NFL level while Campbell has shown the ability to play and play well. And he would cost way less!

Maybe it makes too much sense.

Jason Campbell is going to sign his restricted free agent tender by Monday apparently. And with the draft closing in fast coupled with Campbell being asked to stay away from team workouts, a trade is immiment.

I happen to fall into the group of Bills fans who would like to see Campbell play for the Bills. He's talented and productive and IMO he would do well in here. Here's hoping we make a serious offer for him. I would gladly part with a 4th for his services. Perhaps throwing in Parrish or another late pick this year or next to sweeten the deal.

I happen to agree that Campbell is a good choice for us. His 2009 Statics were better overall then McNabbs, and his O-Line did stink like ours. Wasting our 1st or 2nd pick on a QB

is just ignorant. We need a Left Tackle and a nose tackle. The last 5 drafts have given us very little in the first round.

Agreed. Campbell is coming off of a 3,600 yard, 20 TD, 15 INT season. He's played with lackluster weapons/line and too many coaching changes and still has done well.

With Gailey calling the offense and his rep of getting the most out of his QB, it seems a no-brainer to me. Clausen, Tebow or whoever we may be targeting, they are unknows on the NFL level while Campbell has shown the ability to play and play well. And he would cost way less!

Agree 100%. You can test drive a potential franchise QB for a 4th round and fill in the needs on the lines with the other picks. By all accounts, Campbell is a good fit for Gailey's offense. If Campbell doesn't get the job done, you have a very good class of QBs coming out in next year's draft.

The idea of getting Campbell and using our top picks to beef up our lines is way more appealing than using a top 10 pick on a QB that teams are running away from.

How about Edwards for Campbell? I think Edwards contract is up after this year, so for Washington they receive a player for potentially one year. I think both players need a change of scenary and this could benefit both teams in the trade.

Agree 100%. You can test drive a potential franchise QB for a 4th round and fill in the needs on the lines with the other picks. By all accounts, Campbell is a good fit for Gailey's offense. If Campbell doesn't get the job done, you have a very good class of QBs coming out in next year's draft.

The idea of getting Campbell and using our top picks to beef up our lines is way more appealing than using a top 10 pick on a QB that teams are running away from.

Yep. Sending a 4th lands us a starting QB while allowing us to go LT, DT in the first two rounds. We then can have LTs Bulaga or Williams and DTs Thomas or Cody. And then we can use our 3rd on the "scatback" Gailey wants or a LB. Seems an ideal scenario.

Yep. Sending a 4th lands us a starting QB while allowing us to go LT, DT in the first two rounds. We then can have LTs Bulaga or Williams and DTs Thomas or Cody. And then we can use our 3rd on the "scatback" Gailey wants or a LB. Seems an ideal scenario.

I would love that scenario and that's how you build a team. Our lines would be set for years and if Campbell flamed out, it only cost a 4th and there is a really good QB draft class next year.

I would like to see this happen, pick up a project quarterback in later rounds (maybe Tebow falls to third). With the combination of Campbell's young age, fairly good track record, great attitude considering how he was treated, and the probability that he will be even more motivated once dealt, I can't envision a better play for the Bill's.

Guest dog14787

Do you guys realize the Redskins only won 4 games last season, all wins against teams with a losing record like the Raiders, Rams and Bucs or that Campbell went 0-6 in his division.

The makeshift QB rotation we had here in Buffalo yielded better results.

What in the world are you guys even looking at because stats mean nothing when you are playing catch up football all the time.

Do you guys realize the Redskins only won 4 games last season, all wins against teams with a losing record like the Raiders, Rams and Bucs or that Campbell went 0-6 in his division.

The makeshift QB rotation we had here in Buffalo yielded better results.

What in the world are you guys even looking at because stats mean nothing when you are playing catch up football all the time.

By that logic, Campbell was the sole reason Auburn went undefeated in the best conference is college. Last year, the Redskins lost 5 games by 5 or less points. His game log was prett consistent. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=8440 9 games of over a 90 QB rating.

Against the Super Bowl champs, he threw for 367 yards and 3 tds. He put up 30 points while our QBs couldn't manage a td against NO. They would have won the game except somehow their kicker missed a 23 yarder and allowed the Saints a last second drive to send the game into overtime.

And Washington has complete crap on offense. Yet, Campbell unlike our last few QBs, has improved every year. For a 4th rounder, it would be an absolute steal.

By that logic, Campbell was the sole reason Auburn went undefeated in the best conference is college. Last year, the Redskins lost 5 games by 5 or less points. His game log was prett consistent. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=8440 9 games of over a 90 QB rating.

Against the Super Bowl champs, he threw for 367 yards and 3 tds. He put up 30 points while our QBs couldn't manage a td against NO. They would have won the game except somehow their kicker missed a 23 yarder and allowed the Saints a last second drive to send the game into overtime.

And Washington has complete crap on offense. Yet, Campbell unlike our last few QBs, has improved every year. For a 4th rounder, it would be an absolute steal.

Don't you think Mike Shanahan has an astute offensive mind?

Considering that most teams would want a competent solid veteran back up QB in case the starter get injured and if Campbell is as good as you seem to think he is, it simply makes no sense as to why a brilliant offensive mind like Shanahan would dump the guy.

Think about it, if Shanahan thinks he can't coach up Campbell to be a winning QB, what makes you think Chan Gailey can?

Why aren't other teams that really need a good young QB going after him-Rams-Browns-Raiders-Arizona-Minnesota-Jacksonville-Carolina?

Why we would not trade a 4th round pick is befuddling to me.....

Unless we really like Clausen.

Agreed. I feel a 4th for Campbell and we have addressed QB. I still trade DOWN in the draft and trade marshawn so Nix has more picks to work with.

By lackluster weapons you're talking about who?...the best recieving Tight End in football?...or the mulit probowl WR Santana Moss?...or multi probowl WR Coles?...or I mean what lackluster weapons....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it...you meant lackluster skills of Campbell couldn't maximize those weapons...

Guest dog14787

The Redskins just spent 4 years trying to do something with Jason Campbell, he's started 52 games in the NFL (20 more then TE) and still has problems reading defenses. Out of the 52 games Campbell has only won 20, and just went 4-12 in his last season.

One good game ( that he lost ) doesn't make a good QB.

By lackluster weapons you're talking about who?...the best recieving Tight End in football?...or the mulit probowl WR Santana Moss?...or multi probowl WR Coles?...or I mean what lackluster weapons....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it...you meant lackluster skills of Campbell couldn't maximize those weapons...

Take it easy. You don't have to like Campbell.

He's better than anything we've got on the roster and more of a sure thing than any draft prospect. At least we know he can play in this league.

Campbell started all 16 games the last two seasons, showing improvement in his completion %, yards per attempt avg, yards, and TDs. Last year he completed 64.5% of his passes for 3,600 yards, 20 TDs and 15 INTS. This was behind a poor line that allowed him to be sacked 43 times last year. Campbell is only 28 and hasn't even peaked yet.

Chris Cooley is not the best TE in football. Cooley only played seven games last year, Campbell's best statistical year. Cooley has only 3 TDs the last two years.

Santana Moss is a good receiver, no doubt. Good, not great. Moss has put up decent numbers. Multiple Pro Bowls? Moss played in one, in 2005, which was before Campbell hit the field. He has been on the decline since.

Coles? Don't make me laugh. Not to call you stupid, but Jason Campbell and Laveranues Coles have never played together. Ever. And Coles only made one Pro Bowl, not multiple.

Get the facts straight before you open your mouth and embarass yourself. Your post reminds me of a quote, "better to never speak and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt." You don't have to be on board with Campbell as QB but don't be ignorant and post sarcastic and blatently false comments. Look how many things you posted that are actually completely false.