National Football Post - Tebow to Bills at # 9........

PIZ

This is a nightmare of a draft... I'm glad I won't be in front of a TV on draft day because I might put something through it if this were to happen...

This is why when i am watching when pick 8 comes im moving all the beer, remotes, couch pillows, pretty much everything away from me, just incase some crazy ish goes down.

This way i have nothing to throw at the TV. :unsure:

They will this season without a gate attraction. TO did more for the fan base than many want to realize.

I don't know Wes Bunting from the man on the moon, but it's funny when someone makes a fair point and then becomes the collective target of many on TBD. Sure it seems odd that Buffalo takes Tebow 9th, but stranger things have happened. Besides, a mock is nothing more than an educated guess of many teams looking at many players in a frenzied first few rounds.

For the record, there are plenty of scouts who didn't play football, heck, Bill Polian started in the late 70s as a scout with KC. Some have a talent for spotting talent without even having played, but on TBD they can't possibly have an opinion. This is the most predictable form of argument suppression, and it's in play once again.

Maybe the writer would have gotten more respect if he had addressed the top two needs (LT, NT) of the team in the top two picks. Or maybe if he had shown a shred of knowledge about the team. Maybe you would get more respect if you knew what you were talking about too...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/9...pg2.html?cat=14

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3549100

http://www.top10source.com/the-10-most-loy...in-the-nfl.html

Tebow at 9 is ludicrous. And the thought that he would put that many fans in the seats in Buffalo (this isn't Jacksonville where he's deified) is equally insane.

This is why when i am watching when pick 8 comes im moving all the beer, remotes, couch pillows, pretty much everything away from me, just incase some crazy ish goes down.

This way i have nothing to throw at the TV. :unsure:

how did you feel when the bills took mccargo a few years ago, after trading for the pick?, i was mortified!

Thanks for the post.

I gotta get me a job like these draft gurus. His credentials....

About Wes Bunting

Wes Bunting, the National Football Post’s director of college scouting, has been monitoring the college football scene since 2002.

He completed a football GM and scouting course from Sports Management Worldwide, studying under Marc Trestman and Russ Lande, and has published scouting reports for NFLSmackdown.com, Scout.com and NFLDraftscout.com. He’s a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

I'm thinking with wireless internet, a TV, a few beers, and some time to kill, I can prepare a mock draft as well as this guy. And if you only have to get about 25% of the picks right to rank up there with the "big boys" like Kiper, McShay, Prisco, etc. I can probably have a couple of extra beers and still be in that ballpark. :unsure:

And for $1,450, you can too!

I don't know Wes Bunting from the man on the moon, but it's funny when someone makes a fair point and then becomes the collective target of many on TBD. Sure it seems odd that Buffalo takes Tebow 9th, but stranger things have happened. Besides, a mock is nothing more than an educated guess of many teams looking at many players in a frenzied first few rounds.

Last year Tyson Jackson and Derius Heyward-Bey were mid to late 1st round picks in everyone's mock drafts until suddenly they were both top ten picks everywhere. Just watch, Tebow is going to start creeping up in all these mock drafts and the idea of Tebow at 9 won't be so shocking anymore.

Last year Tyson Jackson and Derius Heyward-Bey were mid to late 1st round picks in everyone's mock drafts until suddenly they were both top ten picks everywhere. Just watch, Tebow is going to start creeping up in all these mock drafts and the idea of Tebow at 9 won't be so shocking anymore.

:unsure:

No one had even heard of DHB before Oakland took him.

why?

They need help at both postions and as far as I know, they still get to pick other players, make trades and sign free agents to fill other areas of need.

1) Because Tebow is a project QB that is not NFL ready and would be a major reach in the 1st round.

2) Most college WRs are not ready to make an immediate impact in their 1st year. We already have Hardy and Johnson as young WRs.

3) This draft is rich in good OL/DL talent that can fill priority needs and have a faster impact. The FO should make sure to take advantage.

I could go on, but the above are reason enough.