Scouts Response to Jim Kelly

Wow, scanning thru PFT i ran across this little article. tho i do understand his point i do think that the front office would still stand by thier own scouts referal over a ex player. just thought this was funny how anal the guy got over kelly puttin in his 2 cents. what do you all think. Flame away!

A thank you note from a high-level scout

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2010 7:12 AM ET

From time to time, we explain the dangers of allowing former players of a given franchise to chime in on the personnel decisions of the team for which they played.

On Saturday, we addressed the specific perils of Bills quarterback Jim Kelly's decision to make public recommendations regarding whether Tim Tebow should receive an invitation to live and work in Buffalo.

Said a high-level scout in response, "Guys like me that have committed our lives to our craft thank you, seriously. We desert our families and work our butts off to have clowns like this make a mockery of what we do."

Still, we realize former players love the limelight. Whether it's scouting or acting or, in the case of some current players, ballroom dancing, they think that everything will come to them as naturally and easily as the sport for which they received an excessive abundance of God-given skill.

When it comes to scouting (and, for that matter, acting), the player simply can't expect to show up and do it well. Even those who have a genuine aptitude for it, like Ravens G.M. Ozzie Newsome, have to spend years working at it, doing the thankless parts of the job -- the stuff that many former players would find either uninteresting or beneath them.

Does Jim Kelly potentially have something of value to add to the Bills? Sure. Is it in the realm of picking players? Hell no.

The sooner Bills fans figure that out -- and the sooner the powers-that-be who are running the team explain it to him -- the better off the franchise will be.

Here's what cracks me up;

Jim is asked a question about his thoughts on Tebow. He answers. Then douchebags like Florio and his band of merry morons attempt to bash Kelly for "knowing it all". That's what Jim gets for answering a friggin question.

THEN, Tebow is SCHEDULED to work out for the bills. During his stay here, Jim finds it would be a nice gesture to take the kid out to dinner, talk some Football, and give him some tips. Suddenly, Jim is "whooing" our first round draft choice.

See the theme here??? It's the off-season, so when in Rome..... <_<

Wow, scanning thru PFT i ran across this little article. tho i do understand his point i do think that the front office would still stand by thier own scouts referal over a ex player. just thought this was funny how anal the guy got over kelly puttin in his 2 cents. what do you all think. Flame away!

A thank you note from a high-level scout

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2010 7:12 AM ET

From time to time, we explain the dangers of allowing former players of a given franchise to chime in on the personnel decisions of the team for which they played....

Once again, remember the source. Mike Florio may have put a lot of work and time into his "rumor mill blog", that has gotten national attention by NBC Sports sponsoring it. But that doesn't change the fact that he has the freedom to print any damn thing he wants about any team or player or ex-player for that matter, since he always uses un-named "sources" for every one of his stories.

Here's what cracks me up;

Jim is asked a question about his thoughts on Tebow. He answers. Then douchebags like Florio and his band of merry morons attempt to bash Kelly for "knowing it all". That's what Jim gets for answering a friggin question.

THEN, Tebow is SCHEDULED to work out for the bills. During his stay here, Jim finds it would be a nice gesture to take the kid out to dinner, talk some Football, and give him some tips. Suddenly, Jim is "whooing" our first round draft choice.

See the theme here??? It's the off-season, so when in Rome..... <_<

You hit the nail right on the head here bro. The media puts guys in situations like this then spins it any way they see fit to stir up some drama. Much of the sports media has switched from reporting news to creating news.

That scout sounds like he has little man's syndrome. Calling a Hall of Fame QB a "Clown" reeks of jealousy. Jimbo might not be the most astute evaluator of talent, but i think he has the credibility to at least comment on the situation.

That scout sounds like he has little man's syndrome. Calling a Hall of Fame QB a "Clown" reeks of jealousy. Jimbo might not be the most astute evaluator of talent, but i think he has the credibility to at least comment on the situation.

Could'nt agree more '5 wide' Florio could'nt hold Kelly's jock !

i so agree with that. kelly has never stated he wants to be or act like a scout . just gave his opinion. hell we do that all the time....lol.

Ill take a HOF QBs opinion on a kid long before I take Florio up on his. Hell, Id take a HOF QBs opinion on a college QB long before any of the Bills scouts. Are you are gonna try and tell me Kelly doesnt know what good footwork is and how to read a defense? Gimme a break - Kelly knows football.

PS I would never take Jerry Rices opinion on a WR :thumbsup:

Let me add my 2 cents about Jim Kelly and his reviews or whoooings of players, mainly Qb's. All Jim has ever wanted to do is win, in Buffalo he has become accustomed with it. I have seen him voice thoughts on 3 QB's as of recent: Losman, Edwards, and now Tebow. He never liked Losman, liked Edwards, and now is courting Tebow. Jim has an eye for the talent of that position, and again what he is stating is true. No Tebow at #9, late 1st-early 2nd. I think Edwards would have panned out if they had drafted good OL, and no other QB's will until they do. What I am basically saying is Jim is just looking out for the clubs future and should be left alone. He is merely stating thoughts or opinions as we do. Like me, he just wants to see Buffalo a winner again.

I'll switch jobs with that scout anytime. Shhhhhhhhit ! Stevie Wonder could do a better job than what they're doing.

And I kinda like that cup of stfu that Darth is ranting about. As usual Darth, right to the point and humorous as well.

"Does Jim Kelly potentially have something of value to add to the Bills? Sure. Is it in the realm of picking players? Hell no.

Link

I love that Kelly is out there giving love to the Bill's, but he should be waiting until after the draft and go show his support to the players that Bill's actually put on their roster. Not out there trying to influence who they pick. This guy could end up on the Patriots roster for all we know.

Jim Kelly can say whatever he wants. He's the man and I think will help keep the team here where it belongs.

Ummm so some obscure scout says that about kelly. I see...and that 'scout' had drafted who? Oh thats right no one..... he is a scout. How many probowls? None? Superbowl apperances? None? Is the guy a HOF member? No?

Then said scout can STFU until he actually does something like kelly has. Until then, Go get the GM a cup of coffee and himself a cup of stfu.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ummm so some obscure scout says that about kelly. I see...and that 'scout' had drafted who? Oh thats right no one..... he is a scout. How many probowls? None? Superbowl apperances? None? Is the guy a HOF member? No?

Then said scout can STFU until he actually does something like kelly has. Until then, Go get the GM a cup of coffee and himself a cup of stfu.

+1

i so agree with that. kelly has never stated he wants to be or act like a scout . just gave his opinion. hell we do that all the time....lol.

I agree and when it comes to QB's I think he may know a little more than a scout about what you need to be a successful QB for the the Buffalo Bills