Might be a early run on OT's in the draft

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree, but I am not a big Dan Williams fan and I don't think he will be a major impact player at NT in the NFL. He

was really only good for 1 year in college. His own coach said he'd be lucky to get drafted prior to last season. Big

risk on a guy who is mainly a run-plugger and not dominant at that.

NT is definitely a need, I just don't see the value of reaching for someone like Williams. Other's may disagree and

think Williams is worthy of such a high pick. If the Bills' scouts view him that highly, then it could be the pick.

The question is what type of NT is this defense going to employ. Traditionally, a 3-4 set requires a run stuffer in the middle who requires two blockers to stop. Williams did that in the SEC last season because he has good speed and penetrating ability to get into the back field. With Stroud, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson and John McCargo rotating at DE, he has the size to be the run stuffer that we need.

I think his improvement year to year at Tennessee, which plays in one of the best college football conferences in the country, and where he performed well against some of the best teams and players in that conference last year, shows that he has what it takes to make a solid nose tackle in the NFL. He may be a bit of a reach at 9, but if the top four tackles are gone, think about it. Would you rather draft the #5 rated LT in the draft, the #3 rated QB in the draft, the #2 rated 3-4 LB in the draft or the #1 rated NT in the draft. Based on all of our needs, we have to draft that NT. The odds of getting a solid T prospect in the second round of similar talent to the #5 overall T is pretty good and there are only three NT prospects IMO worth a first or second round pick this year. Williams, Thomas and Cody. If the Bills don't get a NT in the first round, look for Cody or Thomas at our spot in the second. After that you're looking at Linval Joseph in the third or fourth round and he is a much bigger project than Williams.

Dan Williams is a bum...he had one good season...and he can't get off blocks...and can't push the pocket...so yeah a 34 Nose is to take up blockers...but I've watched tape of him getting pushed downfield by ONE center and no Guard help...he sucks...and if he goes to Buffalo I will vomit all over my TV set...B U M BUM....the BUMS will always lose Danny...the BUMS WILL ALWAYS LOSE

but our offense SUCKS....don't you think fixing it should be our main priority?

If the defense can get off the field in 3 to 6 plays, the offense will automatically be better. Better field position. More opportunities.

Maybe this has been tossed around earlier but I'm kinda scarred the top 4 OT will be gone by the time the Bills 9th pick.

Det.... Okung. Reason to protect Stafford, very understandable

Skins... Williams. Reason, to upgrade a line that's just as bad as the Bills

Chiefs... Bulaga.. Reason, to upgrade line now that Thomas Jones and Charles are in the backfield.

Oak....Davis.. Reason, Al Davis has a moment of clarity and does the right thing for once.

OK, now the Bills at 9 can draft Clausen, McClain or even Dez Bryant if this happens.

IMO, I think Clausen is the most common sense pick. But I think the Bills like Tebow more than they do Clausen at this point. Plus Tebow would be WAY cheaper than it would cost to sign a top ten QB.

Dez Bryant Would upgrade the WR core, but way to many questions but would be better than Hardy or Johnson? tough call

I would take McClain in a heartbeat. This would cover us in case Schobel hangs them up and at this point I think he does. Now you could have Maybin, Poz, McClain, Veek on Passing downs or Davis, Poz, McClain, Veek or even Kelsey on Run downs.

Hope I'm wrong cause we need a OT badly.

We don't need an OT so badly as to take Williams or Davis, even if they are sitting there. No thanks.

teams with as many holes as ours cannot afford to trade up and give up draft picks like that

If we miss both Okung and Bulaga, it will much more costly...by far...we are the WORST team in the NFL at LT...BY FAR!!!!!!!!....if we miss putting in a premier OT, this draft is garbage no matter how many picks we make...period

Maybe this has been tossed around earlier but I'm kinda scarred the top 4 OT will be gone by the time the Bills 9th pick.

Det.... Okung. Reason to protect Stafford, very understandable

Skins... Williams. Reason, to upgrade a line that's just as bad as the Bills

Chiefs... Bulaga.. Reason, to upgrade line now that Thomas Jones and Charles are in the backfield.

Oak....Davis.. Reason, Al Davis has a moment of clarity and does the right thing for once.

OK, now the Bills at 9 can draft Clausen, McClain or even Dez Bryant if this happens.

IMO, I think Clausen is the most common sense pick. But I think the Bills like Tebow more than they do Clausen at this point. Plus Tebow would be WAY cheaper than it would cost to sign a top ten QB.

Dez Bryant Would upgrade the WR core, but way to many questions but would be better than Hardy or Johnson? tough call

I would take McClain in a heartbeat. This would cover us in case Schobel hangs them up and at this point I think he does. Now you could have Maybin, Poz, McClain, Veek on Passing downs or Davis, Poz, McClain, Veek or even Kelsey on Run downs.

Hope I'm wrong cause we need a OT badly.

In that scenario I would really look to trade down. Not easy to do but there are teams looking for Clausen, and Spiller.

Who is Veek?

In that scenario I would really look to trade down. Not easy to do but there are teams looking for Clausen, and Spiller.

Who is Veek?

To me trading down is always a good idea, if OBD feels they see a player they like sliding down.

Veek is LB Mitchell nickname. My bad :thumbsup:

Dez Bryant, while I don't know if he'd make a major impact as a rookie, he's easily the best player left on the board and helps fill a position we need help at. Of course one could argue we need help at almost every position on the roster except for DB, ILB, and OG.

Clausen seems like a whiner and a head case from what I've seen and heard of the guy. And that's when he's winning. Sometimes those types of guys can't handle being backups for awhile or being on a losing team, which we are right now. I agree that the QB is the most important position, but that doesn't mean Nix is gonna take one in the first round.

Some draft years have ZERO QB's that ever materialize into solid, winning NFL QB's, and others have several, like the Losman year with Rivers, Manning, and Big Ben.

If Bradford ends up being injury prone in the NFL, I think this might be one of those ZERO years. (No way to tell for several years tho)

I think we're gonna stay away from this questionable batch of QB's and go with the big linemen on both sides of the ball in the early rounds.