Survivor: Heroes v. Villains

ajzepp

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured for sure that this jury would be able to get past the hurt feelings and other BS and recognize the fact that Russell is the best player in survivor history. Instead, they reward the second weakest winner in Surivor history and give Sandra the money. Unreal. If America had been voting, as Russell said, he would have won two in a row.

I figured for sure that this jury would be able to get past the hurt feelings and other BS and recognize the fact that Russell is the best player in survivor history. Instead, they reward the second weakest winner in Surivor history and give Sandra the money. Unreal. If America had been voting, as Russell said, he would have won two in a row.

Word. Anyone even remember the name of the girl who won last year? I don't.

But you'll never forget the name of Russell Hantz. Despite the second second-place finish...the BEST player ever.

Word. Anyone even remember the name of the girl who won last year? I don't.

But you'll never forget the name of Russell Hantz. Despite the second second-place finish...the BEST player ever.

With the exception of one or two really strong moves by Parv, which caught him by surprise, he did the exact same thing this season that he did last - he dictated EVERYTHING. Anyone who has any doubt about this guy's abilities just needs to watch what he did when he sent home Parv's best friend a week or two ago. She wasn't even on his radar at first, but then the minute he senses she has a stronger bond with Parv than he does, he immediately targets her, get the votes, and *bam*, she's history. He does this ALL THE TIME. Yeah, I get the fact that he ruffles feathers along the way, big time. I get that people don't like him. But there is no question the he's the sole survivor two time running, and it's a shame that he hasn't been rewarded for his efforts.

In a way, though, I can't really blame the jury because they aren't privy to the guy's brilliance until after they've already voted and they watch the season back. You'd have to be a total idiot to see what we're seeing at home and not recognize the fact that this guy was a master manipulator, strategist, and CLOSER. Sandra winning in her season was a disgrace, and for her to win again is even more so. Just like the blonde chick that russell carried last season (you're right, Joe, I can't remember her fuggin name either lmao), Sandra was like the feather in the forrest gump movie. It just sort of floated this way and that, being completely irrelevant 99% of the time, until it just happened to land in the right place. But if they think giving her the million a second time enhances the reputation of this game, they're nuts. This game never started off as a popularity contest, and every time these stupid juries turn it in to one, it's taking away from what the game was truly meant to be, and that's a real shame.

Anyone even remember the name of the girl who won last year? I don't.
Just like the blonde chick that russell carried last season (you're right, Joe, I can't remember her fuggin name either lmao),

Natalie. I only remember that because they showed it at some point last night.

It's a shame Russell didn't win. Some say he had an advantage since nobody on that cast knew how he played, but that's not true. He had the biggest disadvantage by 1. having to play back to back seasons with no time off 2.not even knowing if he had won the previous season or not and improving his strategy based on that 3. not being friends outside of the game with any of the other players.

Sandra is not the greatest Survivor ever. If anybody deserves it, it's Parvati.

I agree Russell is probably the greatest strategist to play the game, and i was pulling for him, but he's not the best survivor. The object is to win the game, and the social game plays a huge role in winning. Hantz hasn't figured out how to play the social aspect yet. Not even a little bit. As close as he has been towinning it, he's actually really far away from ever threatening for the million dollars.

Parvati is also a weak player. Russel is a ugly troll and still gets to the finals. If Parv was ugly she'd be one of the first few people voted off each time.

I agree Russell is probably the greatest strategist to play the game, and i was pulling for him, but he's not the best survivor. The object is to win the game, and the social game plays a huge role in winning. Hantz hasn't figured out how to play the social aspect yet. Not even a little bit. As close as he has been towinning it, he's actually really far away from ever threatening for the million dollars.

Parvati is also a weak player. Russel is a ugly troll and still gets to the finals. If Parv was ugly she'd be one of the first few people voted off each time.

Russells social game is pure intimidation and bullying...and I agree that it's not the most conducive approach to getting the jury votes, lol. The thing about Parv is that she's clutch. Even in a challenge that is based in physicality, she's able to step up and beat the guy to take the necklace. I wouldn't have minded it if she won, but Sandra?? Come on...

With the exception of one or two really strong moves by Parv, which caught him by surprise, he did the exact same thing this season that he did last - he dictated EVERYTHING. Anyone who has any doubt about this guy's abilities just needs to watch what he did when he sent home Parv's best friend a week or two ago. She wasn't even on his radar at first, but then the minute he senses she has a stronger bond with Parv than he does, he immediately targets her, get the votes, and *bam*, she's history. He does this ALL THE TIME. Yeah, I get the fact that he ruffles feathers along the way, big time. I get that people don't like him. But there is no question the he's the sole survivor two time running, and it's a shame that he hasn't been rewarded for his efforts.

In a way, though, I can't really blame the jury because they aren't privy to the guy's brilliance until after they've already voted and they watch the season back. You'd have to be a total idiot to see what we're seeing at home and not recognize the fact that this guy was a master manipulator, strategist, and CLOSER. Sandra winning in her season was a disgrace, and for her to win again is even more so. Just like the blonde chick that russell carried last season (you're right, Joe, I can't remember her fuggin name either lmao), Sandra was like the feather in the forrest gump movie. It just sort of floated this way and that, being completely irrelevant 99% of the time, until it just happened to land in the right place. But if they think giving her the million a second time enhances the reputation of this game, they're nuts. This game never started off as a popularity contest, and every time these stupid juries turn it in to one, it's taking away from what the game was truly meant to be, and that's a real shame.

All this is true to a point. I'm a huge Russell fan.

But you have to remember, WE aren't seeing everything the other contestants are during the game. The way the show is edited has a lot to do with how we see it. But they're out there, every day, without a break from him. Because he's so popular (and by far the most interesting of the contestants) he was given a GREAT edit. To make him look even better.

This was especially true in the final Tribal Council. You could tell a TON was edited out -- and I think most of it was either Russell talking back OR the Jury totally laying into him. You could tell by the awkard segue with Coach (about being humble ... when the last we saw Russell had just apologized) and also with JT and Jerri who were fans and then suddenly switched during the tribal when Russell hardly said a word. Plus, the way Jeff was going after him at the reunion was telling too.

And he KNEW he wasn't getting any votes as they were walking up.

Again, so much of the show is left on the cutting room floor. I'm not saying he isn't good. He is. But we don't get to see how poor his social game really was.

All this is true to a point. I'm a huge Russell fan.

But you have to remember, WE aren't seeing everything the other contestants are during the game. The way the show is edited has a lot to do with how we see it. But they're out there, every day, without a break from him. Because he's so popular (and by far the most interesting of the contestants) he was given a GREAT edit. To make him look even better.

This was especially true in the final Tribal Council. You could tell a TON was edited out -- and I think most of it was either Russell talking back OR the Jury totally laying into him. You could tell by the awkard segue with Coach (about being humble ... when the last we saw Russell had just apologized) and also with JT and Jerri who were fans and then suddenly switched during the tribal when Russell hardly said a word. Plus, the way Jeff was going after him at the reunion was telling too.

And he KNEW he wasn't getting any votes as they were walking up.

Again, so much of the show is left on the cutting room floor. I'm not saying he isn't good. He is. But we don't get to see how poor his social game really was.

I wondered about that, actually. Maybe Probst should start being the one to pick the winner since he sees the actual events AND the behind the scenes stuff, lol. To me, though, just like on Big Brother, it would seem like it's hard to really make a vote for the best player when you are kept away from the contestants and you only get to see certain things. So much of what makes a contestant great (or crap) is what they do behind others backs, which is where Russell is amazing. The guy will tell anyone anything in order to get things to work out as he wants them, and more often than not that exactly what happens. I wonder how much of that sort of manipulation the jury was really aware of? Cause it's stuff like that that allows us at home to see the guy as a master manipulator, whereas the people who only see him face to face just think of him as a jerk. They can't truly appreciate all that goes on behind their backs and behind the scenes when someone like Russell is at their best.

Given how America has reacted to him the past two seasons, it's clear that as big of a jerk as he is, the fans of this show overwhelmingly recognize and acknowledge his mastery of the game. It's really too bad that not everyone on the show had a chance to see it, too. I think that's why Boston Rob during the finale was like, "heck yeah, Russell and I would have done very well as a team", whereas during the actual filming Rob basically saw Russell as some overconfident noob who had a lot to learn. It seemed pretty clear to me that Rob had a different view of Russell after having watched the show.

Sandra Interview

Reality TV World: Since you were both his enemy and his ally, what do you think prevents Russell from winning the final jury vote once he makes it all the way to the end? Is his abrasive personality and kind of taunting gameplay why don't jury members respect his strategic game play more or is there more to it?

Sandra Diaz-Twine: He doesn't know how to play Survivor.

Reality TV World: Why?

Sandra Diaz-Twine: He's a bully. You can't bully people around and expect them to give you votes. Let me tell you this, when I saw the finale in Samoa I knew he didn't win. I knew -- with everyone's tone -- what was going down. I don't see how he didn't understand that, how he could go back two weeks later and repeat the same game. How is he a strategic player if he didn't change anything -- and that was a crappy game.

:bag: