Wood is confident he'll be ready by TC

JW's excellent article on Wood's recovery so far.

Wood might also be something of a medical marvel.

Drafted 28th overall out of Louisville last year, Wood’s walking without a limp and confident his leg will be fully recovered by the start of training camp this summer. That’s great progress for a player who initially feared he might not play again after being hurt during an 18-15 loss at Jacksonville on Nov. 22.

“It’s a long way to go, and there’s going to be a lot of steps I take,” said Wood, who started the first 10 games at right guard before being hurt. “But I’m really encouraged with the way it’s progressed especially the last month.”

Wood has been off crutches for the past two weeks and is no longer required to wear a protective boot. He’s able to handle stairs and has been cleared for light lower body workouts as he arrived this week for the start of the Bills voluntary offseason conditioning program

Great news to get before the draft!

This is simply amazing. Wood has been my favorite Bill since he was drafted and this only increases his legend in my book. That was one of the most horrific injuries I have seen in a long time and his recovery is simply mind-blowing. I can't believe the Bills managed to make this pick last year. I guess a blind squirrel does find an acorn once in a while.

I'll be honest, I hope he comes back, but we can't expect too much. I have a friend who is a doctor and he saud he's be astounded if he plays early this year or at all. I'm not saying it can't happen, but after watching that video again it seems unlikely he'll be back soon. I hope he is, and I hope he plays well. I just wouldn't get our hopes up until it happens for sure

It's great to see. Not really more than expected, though. This is what the doctors said would happen from day three or four.

It was only board posters and people who hadn't seen the x-rays or how well the operation went who were saying he wouldn't be ready.

Great news, though.

I'll be honest, I hope he comes back, but we can't expect too much. I have a friend who is a doctor and he saud he's be astounded if he plays early this year or at all. I'm not saying it can't happen, but after watching that video again it seems unlikely he'll be back soon. I hope he is, and I hope he plays well. I just wouldn't get our hopes up until it happens for sure

I love this guys potential but I agree with you he may be back but he will not be 100%.

The reports were that he suffered clean breaks of his bones and no other structural damage. If that's true (and judging by the fact that just 4 months after his gruesome injury and subsequent surgery he's walking around without crutches, a boot, or even a limp), there's no reason to believe he won't be 100% in another 4 months when TC opens, barring any setbacks. If anything, I'd worry about the effect the injury has on him psychologically, but that also doesn't seem to be an issue with him.

And HGH is a hell of a drug. :rolleyes:

JW's excellent article on Wood's recovery so far.

Great news to get before the draft!

Let's all hope he isn't being over optimistic, because he showed alot of promise before he suffered that nasty injury. I personally am still a little suspect that he could be back so soon, but lets hope so. If he isn't 100 percent, it might be better to PUP him for a little while, rather than take a chance.

It's great to see. Not really more than expected, though. This is what the doctors said would happen from day three or four.

It was only board posters and people who hadn't seen the x-rays or how well the operation went who were saying he wouldn't be ready.

Great news, though.

Continue your crusade, by all means.