Legal Pot in California in 2010?

The Senator

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way overdue. As you know, I have been preaching this for many years. There is a vast underground economy that remains untaxed, unregulated and costs the govt a fortune to police.

Legalize it!

Way overdue. As you know, I have been preaching this for many years. There is a vast underground economy that remains untaxed, unregulated and costs the govt a fortune to police.

Legalize it!

Yes because its all important that the government gets their fuggin hands on as much money as possible. That said. I agree it should be legal. More for the load off the justice system than any desire for those aholes to get their hands on more money.

Yes because its all important that the government gets their fuggin hands on as much money as possible. That said. I agree it should be legal. More for the load off the justice system than any desire for those aholes to get their hands on more money.

Yes, the country is in terrific financial shape and needs no additional money to operate. The military runs on flowers and there is no sight of more trouble brewing. Law enforcement should be done for free, by nice citizens. Schools are for morons, no need to fund them..

...ad nauseam...

hey, we're just giving the politicians an excuse to overturn their original bad decision and save face. you have to let the slimeballs think it was their great idea to legalize it and save the budget. whatever reason anyone wants to point out, works. theres only about 23359081 good ones.

Yes, the country is in terrific financial shape and needs no additional money to operate. The military runs on flowers and there is no sight of more trouble brewing. Law enforcement should be done for free, by nice citizens. Schools are for morons, no need to fund them..

...ad nauseam...

both of your posts make all the sense in the world. Why would anyone argue about the government getting money outside of your income? All of the money saved from not having to prosecute plus tax the sale? Only makes sense.

Although a friend who went to Amsterdam assured me government weed was terrible/weak. There's a concern for you. I go back to skunk for no man

...ad nauseam...

I think they get enough money to do all those things and then some. But wtf. Who cares anymore? One day they will get all the cash and then just portion out how much to whomever they think deserves it at the time. We all should go on thier payroll since they are so fuggin bright.

Although a friend who went to Amsterdam assured me government weed was terrible/weak. There's a concern for you. I go back to skunk for no man

An excellent concern.

Currently medical marijuana sold legally is of generally excellent quality. But I'm guessing that won't be the norm for mass market stuff. OTOH, I'm guessing there will be a minimum THC level, so you know you aren't going to get burnt for a bag of some lawn shavings, or something.

In order for legalization to be effective the weed will have to be of decent quality, one would think. But like you, I would steer clear of garbage weed, legal or not.

An excellent concern.

Currently medical marijuana sold legally is of generally excellent quality. But I'm guessing that won't be the norm for mass market stuff. OTOH, I'm guessing there will be a minimum THC level, so you know you aren't going to get burnt for a bag of some lawn shavings, or something.

In order for legalization to be effective the weed will have to be of decent quality, one would think. But like you, I would steer clear of garbage weed, legal or not.

Nope, government will regulate the fun right out of it.

Nope, government will regulate the fun right out of it.

They sure didn't for booze. The quality of legal booze is FAR better than that which was available during prohibition.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that history doesn't necessarily support your conclusion.

They sure didn't for booze. The quality of legal booze is FAR better than that which was available during prohibition.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that history doesn't necessarily support your conclusion.

The solution? Grow your own.

If you perused the linked sites, the proposed legislation states that the legal amount would be 1 ounce for personal possession, with cultivation allowed in a space no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet. Start saving those seeds. :thumbsup:

I think they get enough money to do all those things and then some. But wtf. Who cares anymore? One day they will get all the cash and then just portion out how much to whomever they think deserves it at the time. We all should go on thier payroll since they are so fuggin bright.

Yet CA & NY, the nation's two most populous states, are both nearly bankrupt.

Give the Golden State some credit here - this is a non-invasive tax and a grass-roots movement (no pun intended), far superior to the mentally-challenged NY Gov. David Patterson proposal to tax me a penny every time I take a sip of Diet Slice...

Why the Soda Tax May Drive Some to Drink

If you perused the linked sites, the proposed legislation states that the legal amount would be 1 ounce for personal possession, with cultivation allowed in a space no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet. Start saving those seeds. :thumbsup:

Old news in Alaska

Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana in the privacy of the home is legal. The status of possessing an amount between one ounce and four ounces is unclear, pending clarification by the courts. Possession of 4 ounces or more of marijuana is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.

Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution’s right to privacy (See Ravin v. Alaska). Possession of 25 or more marijuana plants is “Misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree” and is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 or five years in prison.

But what about Federal laws?

Absolutely! I know it's a bit tougher to grow great weed up north, but it certainly can be done. As was noted, they grow some good stuff in Alaska.

Either way, I'm all for this movement. Like health care reform and expanded coverage, it might not start out perfect, but these are things that are LONG overdue in the USA.

Absolutely! I know it's a bit tougher to grow great weed up north, but it certainly can be done. As was noted, they grow some good stuff in Alaska.

Either way, I'm all for this movement. Like health care reform and expanded coverage, it might not start out perfect, but these are things that are LONG overdue in the USA.

They sure do. But again is it still not illegal under Federal law?

If (and when) pot is legal and the gov't takes a huge handful of cash from it, a lot more people are going to enjoy growing it themselves and not worry about paying for it at all. Unless you're going to be able to pick up your seeds down at wally world along with carrots and cucumbers smokers will still enjoy their earthly product at a reduced tax free cost. Maybe they shouldn't call it a tax but a finders fee and open government dispensaries.

If (and when) pot is legal and the gov't takes a huge handful of cash from it, a lot more people are going to enjoy growing it themselves and not worry about paying for it at all. Unless you're going to be able to pick up your seeds down at wally world along with carrots and cucumbers smokers will still enjoy their earthly product at a reduced tax free cost. Maybe they shouldn't call it a tax but a finders fee and open government dispensaries.

I'd like to think plenty of people will grow their own, but we know most won't. You can bake better bread than you can get at the store, still most buy junk a their local market. Basil grows like a weed, yet many pay $2.50 for a very small bunch.

I really hope I can get pot from a quality tobacco store, one that specializes in good cigars and pipes. That seems like the right kind of venue, to me.