Where are they now?: Matt Stevens

Lori

That's why my father told me at age 18 that if I ever got a motorcycle and brought it into his driveway he'd take it apart with a baseball bat (he had an old HS friend get into a bad wreck on one some many years ago.) I know motorcyclists love their bikes, but reading the stats on injuries/fatalities on them is downright scary. I have another friend who was involved in an accident with one and the driver of the bike was killed (he skidded out and hit the rear end of her car).

All that said, I, too, wish him nothing but the best as he goes forward.....

That's why my father told me at age 18 that if I ever got a motorcycle and brought it into his driveway he'd take it apart with a baseball bat (he had an old HS friend get into a bad wreck on one some many years ago.) I know motorcyclists love their bikes, but reading the stats on injuries/fatalities on them is downright scary. I have another friend who was involved in an accident with one and the driver of the bike was killed (he skidded out and hit the rear end of her car).

My wife used to work as a nurse at ECMC and would take care of trauma patients. All the motorcycle accident victims she saw really made an impression and she told me if I ever got on one she would be gone. That's terrible what happened to Matt Stevens, but it sounds like he has a positive outlook and supportive family. I wish him and his family the best.

When I was 18, I got hit from behind on my bike at a stoplight by a blue-haired lady in a Cadillac (who kept right on going, btw). Never saw it coming. Thankfully, no major serious injuries except for some vertebrate that will never line up correctly again.

But I gave up riding motorcycles down here in southeast Florida shortly after that accident.

My uncle died when I was a kid in a motorcycle accident. He died due to decapitation. Right then and there I decided I was never riding a motorcycle. And best of luck to Matt Stevens. That's a horrible thing to have happen to you.

Several weeks ago, a poster mentioned this, buried in some thread. So, so sad... :thumbsup:

It was me, I happen to know his roommate and teammate from college very well, who passed the info along to me.

On a team that also had Dexter Coakley, there was no doubt who possessed far superior talent before he wrecked his knee.

What a terrible situation.

Ive been undecided on buying either a motorcycle or a jet ski , for a while. Every day i lean more and more towards a jet ski. Just seems safer.

Jetskis are awesome. I mean you can still get yourself killed. But there ton's and ton's of fun.

Ive been undecided on buying either a motorcycle or a jet ski , for a while. Every day i lean more and more towards a jet ski. Just seems safer.

The problem with a bike is that you are surrounded by completely unaware people around you, driving very large vehicles (Ford Excursion is 8,500 lbs gross weight, for example) and you have no control over what they do or where they go. You can be minding your own business, driving as safely as possible and be taken out by just about anyone at any time.

If I lived in Wyoming or North Dakota, I might get a bike again. But sure as hell not in southeast Florida.

Your odds are light years better with a jet ski.

Sad story, and too bad that the Bills let him go. Even though he didn't play with the Bills long, I remember he was a ferocius hitter with the kind of football mentality the Bills could use a lot more of today. Here's wishing him and his family the best.

I thought we let him go because he got suspended by the league for something? I feel really bad for Matt

Wow, I had no idea. I remember when we drafted him in the 3rd round, he was supposedly rated as a first round talent, but he slipped (was it due to injury?) Also, didn't he have like a modeling gig off the field and Fabio hair? I seem to remember the ladies of TBD taking a liking to him. Anyways, I enjoyed his play in Buffalo. Wish him the best.