I just wanted to post this for my TSW friends

Last night was starting to get pretty rough and I wanted to hop in my car and give in but just as I was ready to claw my eyes out, my older brother who I haven't seen or heard from in 6 years found me on Facebook out of nowhere, it kind of blew my mind. I mean why last night out of all times? I didn't tell him what was going on yet he hopped in his truck drove 2 hours and picked me up to take me out for a beer, it made me feel 100x's better and this morning I feel like a new person. Weird how things like that work, I must have an angel on my shoulder and his name was Andrew :ph34r:

Thanks Andrew.

Last night was starting to get pretty rough and I wanted to hop in my car and give in but just as I was ready to claw my eyes out, my older brother who I haven't seen or heard from in 6 years found me on Facebook out of nowhere, it kind of blew my mind. I mean why last night out of all times? I didn't tell him what was going on yet he hopped in his truck drove 2 hours and picked me up to take me out for a beer, it made me feel 100x's better and this morning I feel like a new person. Weird how things like that work, I must have an angel on my shoulder and his name was Andrew :ph34r:

Thanks Andrew.

Damn. Too frekin cool, dude!!! :(

Thanks Andrew.

:(:rolleyes:

Thanks Andrew.

Just make sure you don't swap out the pills for the beer.

First off Hazed, good luck!! Not quite the same, but quitting the smokes was no easy thing, and that is really only a mental addiction , so I am pulling for you.

And I have had a few surgeries myself but never take the PKs just don't like them and the way they make me feel. Best of luck getting through this and thanks for your service.

Reminds me of a funny story(in a sick sort of way). My Mom was like you, never took pain killers as she was so scared of getting hooked. I will always remember being the office with her oncologist at Roswell and him saying"Gen, at this point , it is about managing your pain, we are at the end game now" Her response was "No way, I am not getting addicted to those things!!! That was on a Friday, she was gone on Tuesday..but she never did get addicted!!!!

Just make sure you don't swap out the pills for the beer.

Never been much of a drinker, in fact I think the last time I was drunk was 2-3 years ago. Considering I'm a bartender and am around the stuff all day I'd say that's not too bad. But I do get your point, it's easy to replace one for the other, last night however the 2 beers I had took the edge off considerably and made the anxiety disappear for a while. IMO it's the anxiety that makes me want to relapse the most so getting that in check is at the top of my priorities...

best of luck dude...for some reason I have avoided any addictive dangers(granted I may drink too much at times), but I can see how strong the addiction must be by the number of people that throw their lives away because they cannot break the binds.....i wish you the best and that is sooooo cool about your brother calling...