The Claussen Pickle

1B4IDie

Clausen Pickle  

191 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the possibility of the Bills drafting Clausen in the first round?

• Please Please Please he is exactly what the Bills need.
    • The team has alot of needs. Not Psyched but he Could be good one day
    • Please Please Please Don't draft Clausen. OVERRATED

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like what I've seen from the kid...I'm with Holmgren...you know when you listen to somebody...and you just don't like him?...that's the feeling I get with Clauson...I feel the same way...there is just something about him...he turns my stomach lol...I don't think he's not gifted...I just think he's missing something...

This coming from the guy who thinks we should trade for Vick. Who has a subpar arm and at his best was a threat because he could run, which he can't really do anymore. I'll pass on making decisions based on your judgment.

The difference between Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf was not physical skills, it was what they have between their ears. Clausen has never impressed me with his leadership. He may have the physical tools, but he doesn't convey confidence or leadership. My opinion, right or wrong, is he's a Phillips Rivers-type. Rivers puts up numbers at times, but in big games comes up small. A lot of people called Jim Kelly arrogant and cocky, (and he was), but he always backed it up with his toughness and leadership on the field. Marino and Elway were the same way. I don't get that feeling with Clausen, and apparently at least one of his ND teammates agree (see article below).

http://www.nesn.com/2010/03/former-notre-d...neffective.html

Kelly called Ballard out in the media post game. There was alot of times Kellys teamates hated him, until they won. If they draft Clausen and he performs the rest of the team will love him.

Kelly called Ballard out in the media post game. There was alot of times Kellys teamates hated him, until they won. If they draft Clausen and he performs the rest of the team will love him.

Are you saying that people like a QB when they win? Wow that is ground breaking. Way to add an interesting, original point to the conversation.

Why do you think Clausen will win in Buffalo?

Define disinformation.

Facts stated (or inferred) in my argument:

1. QB is team leader (synonymous with "field general" from Synonym.com)

2. Claussen was ND QB for three years (ND Football website)

3. Clausen won 16 out of 35 (or 45% win pct) games ND played in last three years (source CBS Sportsline)

4. ND lost this year to UConn at home, Navy at home, had to come from behind at home to beat a 5-7 UWash team (source ESPN)

5. Loser - a person who failed at a particular activity (Dictionary.com)

6. Clausen 45% wins, 55% losses - mathematically qualifies as a negative/loss (trust me on this one or use your calculator)

Therefore, based on facts 1 through 6, Clausen is by definition a loser.

So please explain where the disinformation is? :thumbsup:

Yes, by all means apply team play to 1 player's effectiveness. You admit you haven't watched him play. I watched every one of his games and I can tell you he is the only reason ND was even competitive for the last 2 seasons. You want to talk leadership by example? Rather than sit on the sidelines after a bad injury to his foot (a la MCCoy) Claussen played the last few games of a meaningless season with a metal insert in his show just to avoid messing his foot up again and he was scrambling for first down. Not to mention he played outside in a VERY cold stadium. Before you go attributing his stats to his receivers, tell me how much of an impact his old receivers are having in the NFL? The kid makes the players around him better. If that's not leadership, I don't know what is.

Apart from being obnoxious (source: your post), your attempt at syllogism is logically drivel. Field general relates how? Clausen has lost in college, he is not defined as a loser. Nice try pops, don't strain too hard trying to think.

I find it interesting that the sentiment on this Bills Baord has a decent amount of Pro Clausen support.

I live in DC and on the DC sports radio, the majority of the Deadskin sentiment can be summarized "Good God I hope we don't take Clausen; but we love Shanahan so if we do then it will all work out."

Where do you stand?

as long as he dosnt have turf toe id draft him...i know your supposed to build the lines but i think if you are serious about rebuilding you start with a franchise qb...every really good team that had a dynasty started with a qb,then rb,then wr and then the lines...just lookt at indy with manning and dallas with troy...............i say draft jimmy........let the rebuilding begin for real............

If a guy's as proven as all that, why would his prior team want to trade him away?

You can show me a few examples of guys who got drafted by one team, maybe even rode the bench for a while, got traded, and went on to success. Elway. Favre. Guys like that. But those trades all happened before the players in question had proven themselves on an NFL field.

How often does a QB a) prove himself with one team, b) get traded to another team, and c) turn out to be the long-term answer for that second team? The most recent example I can think of where all three things occurred was in 1967. That was the year the Bills traded away Lamonica to the Raiders. Even then, Lamonica had only been Kemp's backup while in Buffalo, but played while Kemp was hurt or ineffective. So it's not like he was as proven as a full-time starter would have been.

A QB you acquire in the first round of the draft might be the long-term answer for which you're looking. A field-tested NFL QB acquired by trade isn't going to be. Period, end of story.

Brees. Brad Johnson, who won a Super Bowl with his third team. Those are two off the top of my head. Oh, Pennington.

But I just don't see any Breeses, Penningtons or Johnsons out there right now.

Are you saying that people like a QB when they win? Wow that is ground breaking. Way to add an interesting, original point to the conversation.

Why do you think Clausen will win in Buffalo?

Whatever jack, I was simply pointing out that one unnamed person did not like Clausens leadership. Kelly who was the Bills greatest QB ever was not always liked by everyone. It means nothing, everyone has someone that rubs them the wrong way, it means nothing. If the guy is drafted he may become great or may become a dud, who knows. NIx gets my support this year to make the decision on what he thinks is best, if he blows it then I will second guess him in the future because of his track record. I am a Notre Dame fan, and I feel that Clausen will be good based on what I saw but I am not a scout or GM so I will not wager on it one way or the other. However I am not going to be upset with the pick or happy with the pick when it is made. I will wait to see how it all pans out. The only way I will be pissed is i we draft someone in the secondary with the first two picks. However not wanting to pick someone based on the comments of a teamate who chose to remain nameless is stupid.

Brees. Brad Johnson, who won a Super Bowl with his third team. Those are two off the top of my head. Oh, Pennington.

But I just don't see any Breeses, Penningtons or Johnsons out there right now.

I know this may seem like nit-picking, but I was very specific in my earlier post. I was only referring to guys who'd a) proved themselves with one team, b) got traded to another team, and c) proved to be the long-term answer with that second team.

Brees was not traded, because he hit free agency. Same for Brad Johnson. As for Chad Pennington: by the time the Dolphins got their hands on him, he was too old to be the long-term answer at QB. He was a nice stopgap measure, nothing more.

I agree with your point that there are no Drew Brees or Brad Johnson caliber players in this year's group of free agent quarterbacks. The fact that Todd Collins' name is being thrown around as a possible signing tells me all I need to know about what our options are like in free agency!

Define disinformation.

Facts stated (or inferred) in my argument:

1. QB is team leader (synonymous with "field general" from Synonym.com)

2. Claussen was ND QB for three years (ND Football website)

3. Clausen won 16 out of 35 (or 45% win pct) games ND played in last three years (source CBS Sportsline)

4. ND lost this year to UConn at home, Navy at home, had to come from behind at home to beat a 5-7 UWash team (source ESPN)

5. Loser - a person who failed at a particular activity (Dictionary.com)

6. Clausen 45% wins, 55% losses - mathematically qualifies as a negative/loss (trust me on this one or use your calculator)

Therefore, based on facts 1 through 6, Clausen is by definition a loser.

So please explain where the disinformation is? :rolleyes:

1. Football is a team game, ND offense scored 28 points a game, there defense gave up something like 35 a game

2. Dont know how this makes him a loser......

3. See 1

4.See 1 + had atrocious O-line. Didnt USC also lose to Washington?

5. So 28 TD's and 4 Ints is failing? The defense giving up 400yds a game is his fault

6 See 1-5.....