Best Buddy Nix Quote Yet...

Listening to Sirius broadcasting from the Owner's meetings last night, they were interviewing Buddy Nix and asking him about potential changes to the overtime rules.

In trying to state that it works both ways, the current system may burn you one week, but provide you an advantage the next, Buddy said: "It's just a matter of whose dog's gittin' kicked..."

I love this guy!

Listening to Sirius broadcasting from the Owner's meetings last night, they were interviewing Buddy Nix and asking him about potential changes to the overtime rules.

In trying to state that it works both ways, the current system may burn you one week, but provide you an advantage the next, Buddy said: "It's just a matter of whose dog's gittin' kicked..."

I love this guy!

So does that mean he is against the change? For it?

I think everyone pretty much already understood the concept that Buddy was articulating, but it doesn't move the argument.

He sounded kind of indifferent to the change, kind of like if they change it, we'll play that way, if the don't change it, we'll play the way we do now.

Seems he just wants to get his team on the field and play ball by whatever rules are in place.

I love this guy!

this seals it--michael vick will be the starting qb of the buffalo bills in 2010.

So does that mean he is against the change? For it?

I think everyone pretty much already understood the concept that Buddy was articulating, but it doesn't move the argument.

The good ole boy is not interested in moving the argument. Whatever the authorities come up with he will adjust to. He is not going to waste his time giving input to something he has little interest in.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...question-new-ot

Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix and New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick prefer change.

"I think probably it's a good idea," Nix said. "Fans want it and what it does is if you're a team that gets beat without ever touching the ball by a field goal, obviously, you feel that you've been cheated if you don't get a shot at it.

"I probably shouldn't say this -- I usually do anyway -- but I think any time you take a kick out of it, a field goal out of the equation, then it helps. And it will limit some because a guy on fourth-and-1 from the 15, he might go for the first down to try to get the game over with, which I think is a good thing."

Thanks for the clarification. I unfortunately wasn't able to catch the whole interview and must have missed this part.

I'm thinking there were two different interviews, and Tim's quotes are from the one Nix did with the "print" media earlier yesterday.

I love this guy!

It was also reported that Nix went to the old southern standby expression, saying that the Bills would be

"fixin' to slap the grits" out of the Patriots mouths this year

He also stated that he is the best grit cooker in the league, that no self-respecting southerner would ever use instant grits, and that him and Chan Gailey can serve a mean barbecue from their old southern recipes thats good'r than grits! He said them there folks down in Kansas City, Saint Louie, Hotlanta, Chalotte, and Nah Ahleans, better be nervous as a long tailed cat in a room filled with rockin' chairs when they are fixin' to compete against their barbecue...he said their "eyes looked like two buckeyes in a barrel of buttermilk" after they tasted some of his barbecue and hash...

Reporters then asked Nix if he has been busy since free agency started. He looked at them sideways for a minute and then spit some tabbaccy out of his mouth and said "Son...I've been as busy as a one legged cat in a sandbox. Now stop asking those dumb questions, BOOOOY!"