If Clausen is not there...you trade down!

I think if Jimmy Clausen is taken by Seattle or Washington, we need to trade down into the late first round and try to pick up a 2d.

I really think T. Cody is going to be one of the studs of this draft. The film does not lie.

I also know we need a QB, and no one else is really going to be worth a pick at #9.

Why take the 3rd or 4th best tackle in the draft at #9?

I think if Jimmy Clausen is taken by Seattle or Washington, we need to trade down into the late first round and try to pick up a 2d.

I really think T. Cody is going to be one of the studs of this draft. The film does not lie.

I also know we need a QB, and no one else is really going to be worth a pick at #9.

You need a partner bro

I completely agree. If the trade partner is there we may as well stockpile picks. We're not winning the Super Bowl next year.

Even if Clausen is there, and I expect he will be, I'd Trade Down...Clausen does nothing for me...I wish him the best and all...But I'd rather not see The Bills Draft him...Honestly, I know he's not as NFL ready, but I'd rather have Tebow... :lol:

If Clausen isn't there who is going to want to trade up?

Seems harder to trade down these days unless someone falls unexpectedly. All 8 teams ahead of us have multiple needs as well, and some of them will likely have the same philosophy that they'd rather trade down and have three guys from day 1 instead of 2. Which brings up the point, if I'm a team wanting to trade up to grab a guy, is there anyone NOT in the top 8 that I really want badly enough to lose a high pick for?

Possibly a lineman, maybe a WR like Dez if a team is dying for the guy.

I think we aren't going to trade away any players OR picks this year.

Beginning to think they like Colt McCoy... Don't know if he has the arm to play here, but he could be had in rd three perhaps.... Trade out of 9, grab more picks... sounds about right.

I am not a big Clausen fan, so it won't bother me if he isn't available. I really don't like any of the QBs in this draft as I am not sure any are much of an upgrade over JP Losman/Trent Edwards/Fitzpatrick...

Regarding trading down, so many on this board seem to think it's as simple as saying, "right, we want an extra 2nd round pick - get in line to give us your 2nd in order to swap 1st round picks." A team needs a motivated trading partner - a team that is desperate enough to give up a valuable pick or picks to move up and grab somebody.

If both QBs are gone and the OTs are gone (and assuming Sue and McCoy are gone), who would a team be willing to pay a high price to move up for? I guess if Derrick Morgan were available, some team might want him. *Maybe* WR Dez Bryant might draw interest, but WR isn't a "premium" position. Same with RB CJ Spiller...

I guess, I'd like it if they could trade back and pick up an extra second, but I think it is a lot harder to do than most think.