I hope this is just due diligence...McCoy

Beerball

McCoy has a weak arm and does not have the accuracy of Drew Brees. He doesn't play well against top competition (which will be the NFL). He is not going to be an NFL quarterback. His numbers came from playing average teams.

I'd go as far as saying I'd rather have Tebow who has more upside.

Why? the guy is gonna be a drew Brees clone for someone in this league if they develop him. I for one hope we take him.

I don't usually disagree with your posts Darth, but this one I have to. He's got "I was a good college player, couldn't make it in the NFL" written all over him.

To me there are two things you need to make it in the NFL at the start of your career, and you don't necessarily need both. The first being physical skills, coming from college to the pro game if you don't have the mental game down, sometimes you can rely on your physical tools until the mental part comes. The second is the fire on the inside, determination, superior mental skills if you will. This player will rely on having the mental edge while figuring out how to get around not having the prototypical physical skills.

I just don't see McCoy with enough of either to rely on.

He's not gonna make it. Obviously my opinion, as you have yours.

I think McCoy will be a good NFL starting QB but I think his mediocre arm and lack of height will make it difficult to maximize his skill in windy Buffalo and behind a big OL.

Why? the guy is gonna be a drew Brees clone for someone in this league if they develop him. I for one hope we take him.

Didn't you previously have a scathing view of him? Just curious why your view of him has changed?

I don't know how good his sterling college performances will translate to the NFL. What I do like about him is that he is an accurate passer and that he has a lot of moxie. He finds a way to win. When he is under pressure he gets the ball out to the right receiver. It would be very interesting to learn how the Bills' scouts rate him compared to LeFevour?

In my view I believe that the Bills are going to draft big with their first two picks. Who the second pick might be is in some respects more interesting than who they take with their first pick.

why do you say he won't make it? An opinion backed up by sound reasoning may not be agreed with, but can be respected

The person I was responding to didn't give any sound reasoning so I saw no reason to offer any.

His arm is below average

His competition has not been above average

A bit on the small side

I think he'll be a backup in the NFL and we already have 3 of those on the roster. If we go QB it needs to be round 1.

The second is the fire on the inside, determination, superior mental skills if you will. This player will rely on having the mental edge while figuring out how to get around not having the prototypical physical skills.

I just don't see McCoy with enough of either to rely on.

I agree that he's lacking physical tools, but McCoy has ton of fire and determination.

For once, we agree. taking McCoy would add some talent and potential hope for the future without having to waste our top pick on a QB who would otherwise do little more than pad the stats of opposing defenses with noone to stop them from terrorizing the poor guy.