Cody in the first round

dailar

Would Cody be far too much of a reach to select him first knowing the tackle's in this draft are pretty deep? By the look of the comments here apart from Okung all the remaining tackles have question marks about them. Obviously if we could trade back to get a later first round pick then Cody wouldnt be a reach at all and that would be ideal but I really dont see him being there when we select in the second.

Would Cody be far too much of a reach to select him first knowing the tackle's in this draft are pretty deep? By the look of the comments here apart from Okung all the remaining tackles have question marks about them. Obviously if we could trade back to get a later first round pick then Cody wouldnt be a reach at all and that would be ideal but I really dont see him being there when we select in the second.

On NFL Network the other night they pointed out that quite a few Teams that Draft in the 20's (but most specifically Baltimore, San Diego, and the NY Jets) could take Cody...Cody is mostly one-dimensional at this point...But that dimension is often the difference between winning and losing, especially with Teams that already have a ton of talent and want to clog up the middle on 1st and 2nd Down...

Here's the thing with Cody and The Bills...It's a bit of a gamble, but Buffalo needs a true 2-down NT more than any Team in the League right now...So Trading Down a bit to grab a Kid like Cody in the 1st Round?...I think it's a gamble worth taking...When he's on, Cody is an absolute monster in the middle...He'll take up two blockers and still make the Tackle at times...He reminds me a bit, potential-wise of coarse, of Big Teddy...IMHO Cody is the type of Prospect that can completely turn a Defense around if he pans out...Cause ability like his, in his one-dimension, only comes around every once in a while in the NFL...And the upside is you don't have to pick him at #9 Overall...But you better get ahaed of those Teams in the 20's...Cause some Team (I'm guessing San Diego) is going to take a shot at Cody later in the 1st...I just have a feeling about that... :lol:

On NFL Network the other night they pointed out that quite a few Teams that Draft in the 20's (but most specifically Baltimore, San Diego, and the NY Jets) could take Cody...Cody is mostly one-dimensional at this point...But that dimension is often the difference between winning and losing, especially with Teams that already have a ton of talent and want to clog up the middle on 1st and 2nd Down...

Here's the thing with Cody and The Bills...It's a bit of a gamble, but Buffalo needs a true 2-down NT more than any Team in the League right now...So Trading Down a bit to grab a Kid like Cody in the 1st Round?...I think it's a gamble worth taking...When he's on, Cody is an absolute monster in the middle...He'll take up two blockers and still make the Tackle at times...He reminds me a bit, potential-wise of coarse, of Big Teddy...IMHO Cody is the type of Prospect that can completely turn a Defense around if he pans out...Cause ability like his, in his one-dimension, only comes around every once in a while in the NFL...And the upside is you don't have to pick him at #9 Overall...But you better get ahaed of those Teams in the 20's...Cause some Team (I'm guessing San Diego) is going to take a shot at Cody later in the 1st...I just have a feeling about that... :lol:

I AGREE. Who would argue if they were told they could draft the next Pat Williams......(oh releasing him was such a good move by the organization....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: )

I AGREE. Who would argue if they were told they could draft the next Pat Williams......(oh releasing him was such a good move by the organization....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: )

I hated it when Williams was released. Never understood the ideology of changing schemes and letting great players go because of it.

Here is some hope. Pat Williams was an undrafted free agent. He studied under Ted Washington for a few years. Maybe we can develop another great NT?

if we could trade back to the late teens and pick up an extra second I would have no problem them picking something like. 1st cody, 2nd brown 2nd washington, 3rd spikes (if he falls that far). I honestly feel this will do a lot to start turning round this team.

At 9 it would be a reach, at least according to the so called expert mock drafts. If we can move down or back up in the first round then fine. That position in the 34 is critical, if you don't have a good one it really takes away the advantage of playing that front. There doesn't appear to be that type of space eater on the roster at the moment so if we're making the move to that type of front we will have to draft one eventually. NT is a fairly one dimensional position, stop the run first, if you can have someone push the pocket into the backfield that would be great, meaning if Cody is that type of guy that teams won't run inside against from day 1 that would be a very helpful. I remember watching Bills v Jets a couple of years ago and it was 4th and one and we tried to run at Jenkins, as soon as the ball was handed off I sat down. From that point on I knew Jauron and his staff were limited when it came to offensive strategy.

Man, I can't imagine gambling a #1 pick on a guy that is SOOOO out of shape. That's a BAD idea in my opinion.

He couldn't get motivated enough to get in shape with TONS of $ on the line, how fat do you think he'll get once they

hand him enough money to be set for life?

I just don't think Cody in the first (or second) round is a good idea - too unmotivated - talented yes, but too big of a risk.

I hated it when Williams was released. Never understood the ideology of changing schemes and letting great players go because of it.

Here is some hope. Pat Williams was an undrafted free agent. He studied under Ted Washington for a few years. Maybe we can develop another great NT?

they needed to release williams so that they could afford a hefty raise for kelsay

Man, I can't imagine gambling a #1 pick on a guy that is SOOOO out of shape. That's a BAD idea in my opinion.

He couldn't get motivated enough to get in shape with TONS of $ on the line, how fat do you think he'll get once they

hand him enough money to be set for life?

I just don't think Cody in the first (or second) round is a good idea - too unmotivated - talented yes, but too big of a risk.

Nothing Can Stop the Blob!

We've all seen the photos and they are disconcerting, I don't know the guy personally, so I have no idea as to his makeup and goals. If you are going to draft him you would have to get feel what type of professional he would be. I know that playing major college football has everything a player would want, nutritionists, strenght coaches ect..but it isn't pro football. That is the gamble, is he going to be a Bruce Smith who turned up pudgy and then became a legend when it came to fitness/working out or is he going to eat himself out of the league like so many wide bodies. How would you know? One thing is for sure, watching the combine on this guy and he has great feet, which is the most important thing. I googled him and apparently he was 385 coming out of high school so he is actually losing weight not gaining which I think is a very positive sign.

We've all seen the photos and they are disconcerting, I don't know the guy personally, so I have no idea as to his makeup and goals. If you are going to draft him you would have to get feel what type of professional he would be. I know that playing major college football has everything a player would want, nutritionists, strenght coaches ect..but it isn't pro football. That is the gamble, is he going to be a Bruce Smith who turned up pudgy and then became a legend when it came to fitness/working out or is he going to eat himself out of the league like so many wide bodies. How would you know? One thing is for sure, watching the combine on this guy and he has great feet, which is the most important thing. I googled him and apparently he was 385 coming out of high school so he is actually losing weight not gaining which I think is a very positive sign.

He was still 370 at the combine. That isn't any significant progress in 3 or 4 years! Now, I know he is supposedly down to about 354 or so. I say, too late buddy. I imagine his agent has locked him in the sauna and is feeding him 1 cracker a day to get him to lose the weight. Once he gets paid, the weight will likely be back on.

I get that Bruce Smith got "fitness religion", but he is a rare example. More often than not, fat guys in college are fat

guys in the NFL (and then they are fat guys NOT in the NFL).

Great point, the way things are now preparing for the combine is a full time job for the top prospects. They move to places like Arizona and do nothing but the drills that will move them up boards. For Cody, 350 is a magic number. If he hits it he moves up.

I just see him as a much better fit than Dan Williams at NT. I know we could probably get Cam Thomas in the 3rd but I think Cody will be a real difference maker and we should really persue him.

Thank Tom Donahoe for that brilliant move

I was very happy when Tom Donahoe was hired as the GM. I was very wrong. He was an utter disaster. He was a control freak who made it a point to let others know that he was in absolute control. His personality, as much as his judgment, led to his downfall. Now, I can better understand why Cowher issued the ultimated that either Donahoe goes or he goes. As usual, the Steelers made the right choice and the Bills didn't.