Super Bowl XXV on NFL Network

Watching Superbowl XXV on NFL Network. Leonard Marshall just got a roughing the passer call on Jim Kelly with a cheap shot. The week before he knocked Joe Montana out of the NFC championship game and his career was never the same. This guy is a menace. Dirty friggin Parcells and Belichek disciple.

On a more positive note...it's nice to see the Bills play some solid football. I forgot what that's like on a consistent basis.

Watching Superbowl XXV on NFL Network. Leonard Marshall just got a roughing the passer call on Jim Kelly with a cheap shot. The week before he knocked Joe Montana out of the NFC championship game and his career was never the same. This guy is a menace. Dirty friggin Parcells and Belichek disciple.

On a more positive note...it's nice to see the Bills play some solid football. I forgot what that's like on a consistent basis.

too painful for me to watch - even now

it ends with me vomiting into a washing machine in my college dorm.....at least it did 20 yrs ago.

it ended with me on my knees - crying like a little girl - and btw i was a member of the central america joint intelligence team/counternarcotics joint intelligence center at the penatogon and some of the guys who were with me in the jungles and saw me in life-and-death situations were there with me and my family watching the game - and i still cried like a little girl

it ended with me on my knees - crying like a little girl - and btw i was a member of the central america joint intelligence team/counternarcotics joint intelligence center at the penatogon and some of the guys who were with me in the jungles and saw me in life-and-death situations were there with me and my family watching the game - and i still cried like a little girl

Nobody at my house was that kind of bada$$, but I can still see clearly the 20 or so guys in our living room sitting in disbelief and dead silence for 15 minutes after the game ended. Then they all just slinked out the door and went on their way. There is no way I could watch that game.

I'll never forget (I was 10 years old at the time btw), as the kick sailed, my father new immediately that it was no good, walked upstairs, hit the wall with an open hand and dented it and all night he sat in front of the stereo blasting Zeppelin Vol. IV, Slippery When Wet, And Black Sabbath's Master of Reality record...I got no sleep and became a Sabbath freak after that, so I guess a good thing came out of that night.

I personally would have taken a Super Bowl championship and listen to MC Hammer for the rest of my life, but hey, at least I got to see the Music City Miracle.

Such painful memories. However, that was as perfect a Super Bowl as has ever been played, even 19 years later. If that kick would have gone through, it would have been the best Super Bowl ever... I guess its hard to call a game the best ever if it ends on a mistake.

Remember Lofton tipping that ball and catching it? Stuff like that hasn't happened for the bills in at least 15 years. Remember Thomas taking that draw for the long TD? Again, stuff like that hasn't happened for a long time. After years and years of this BS, I'd take 100 Scott Norwood misses and the ensuing heartache over losing and looking like a JV team as we have for the past decade.

I can remember watching that kick sail wide right and sitting there, in our family's living room, stunned to silence like I was after watching Schindler's List in the theatre.

After battling so hard, I just could not believe that had just happened.

Such painful memories. However, that was as perfect a Super Bowl as has ever been played, even 19 years later. If that kick would have gone through, it would have been the best Super Bowl ever... I guess its hard to call a game the best ever if it ends on a mistake.

Remember Lofton tipping that ball and catching it? Stuff like that hasn't happened for the bills in at least 15 years. Remember Thomas taking that draw for the long TD? Again, stuff like that hasn't happened for a long time. After years and years of this BS, I'd take 100 Scott Norwood misses and the ensuing heartache over losing and looking like a JV team as we have for the past decade.

You are right about that.

Those were the days when the calls and the bounces went the way of the Bills.

Once the greats retired, both the calls and the bounces went with them.

For me this SB loss doesn't really hurt.

The 4th SB where the Bills lost to the Cowboys for the 2nd time is THE SB loss that bothers me the most.

I mean, there we were. It was the 3rd quarter and I believe the score was 12-10 in favor of Buffalo and the Bills had the ball and were confidently marching. The Cowboys just couldn't get their act together and were playing like s**t!

Jim Kelly hands the ball off to Thurman Thomas. Leon Lett of the Cowboys BARELY touches the ball that Thomas was carrying and Thomas FUMBLES the ball. Cowboys James Washington picks up the ball and runs it in for a TD.

The Cowboys woke up and we lost - for the 4th year in a row.

Had we won that game I couldn't have cared if we lost 30 previous Super Bowls. I would have forgotten them all with this win.

Thanks, Thurman! :lol:

I'll never forget (I was 10 years old at the time btw), as the kick sailed, my father new immediately that it was no good, walked upstairs, hit the wall with an open hand and dented it and all night he sat in front of the stereo blasting Zeppelin Vol. IV, Slippery When Wet, And Black Sabbath's Master of Reality record...I got no sleep and became a Sabbath freak after that, so I guess a good thing came out of that night.

I personally would have taken a Super Bowl championship and listen to MC Hammer for the rest of my life, but hey, at least I got to see the Music City Miracle.

LOL

I have heard so many funny stories about the reactions of Bills fans to that missed kick. I was in college and the split was about 50/50 Bills fans and Bills Haters/Giants fans and it was crazy on that floor that night. But I love those stories about Dad's flipping out and punching out walls/smashing tv's, blacking out, etc.. Pole 6's Tony was living in a 3rd floor apartment in Queens with a bunch of NY'ers he went to school with and after the miss he flipped out and threw his roomates potted tree off the balcony into the street. I have to wonder what Mark "Dallas is going down, Gary" Miller did when that kick sailed right.

Was that the Carubba Collision hit of the night??

I'm over it. I can watch it and endure the pain that it brought me twenty years ago. Now ten years ago, I would get a little weepy and feel cheated, but the past decade of BS has totally sobered me up.

However, watching 'Missing Rings' stings.