Why not Todd Collins?

Bring him back as what? Backup? Don't we have enough backups already? One of the worst QB signings by the Bills of all time and you want him back? Good grief..

was the last time you saw him play in 1997? Obviously it is.

He'd be far and away our best qb. He led the skins to the playoffs 2 years ago with his stellar play down the stretch. He wouldn't command a big salary, and you can't tell me he's not better that Trent or fitz. The jury is out on brohm. IMHO, cut fitz and Trent. Sign Collins, keep brohm, and draft a Qb. Our situation would be much better.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just noticed today (yes I know I'm about two weeks behind here) that Todd Collins was cut by the Redskins. Why not bring him back to Buffalo, he played well when given the chance in Washington.

This is a misprint right you meant Kerry Collins really didn't you ?? :rolleyes:

was the last time you saw him play in 1997? Obviously it is.

He'd be far and away our best qb. He led the skins to the playoffs 2 years ago with his stellar play down the stretch. He wouldn't command a big salary, and you can't tell me he's not better that Trent or fitz. The jury is out on brohm. IMHO, cut fitz and Trent. Sign Collins, keep brohm, and draft a Qb. Our situation would be much better.

I agree, but think Edwards and Brohm should be kept, at least given a chance to compete in camp.

Collins still holds the Michigan record for completion percentage, which not coincidentally, was the same percentage he completed when he replaced for ( the much less talented) Campbell a few years ago, 64%. (And which is still is the 2nd best percentage in the history of the Big Ten.)

He has little wear on his body, having played mainly in the preseason. Be great to see Collins finally get his chance as a starter, even at his age, and to help restore the team that should have never let him go, the Bills biggest mistake ever.

And for all of those who have said to me in the past that if he was so good, he would have been a starter... He was behind the prodigal son in KC--Trent Greene, and then, the Redskins preferred Jason Campbell, not believing their own eyes, refusing to make Collins the starter, though he was the far superior quarterback in practice, preeason, and in regular season (and playoff) games. How many coaches could have saved their jobs if they had just believed their own eyes?

Reich was 9-0 as Kelly's backup?

Amazing what gets posted here. The actual truth of the matter is that during the regular season (that's where you have to win enough games to make the playoffs), Reich was 4-4 in games he started for the Bills. After he left Buffalo, his win-loss record as a starter was 1-11. He was 5-15 overall as an NFL starter in the regular season. He did have one great playoff game, though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReicFr00.htm

I stand corrected. I sure thought he played more games than 8. But lets point out that his first two losses where in the final games of the reqular season (1990, and 1991) and he played those games with backups.

He was 2-0 as a starter in the playoffs.