Brady Quinn Traded To Denver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Curious that there is a COMPLETE turnover, with Browns' fans keeping their fingers crossed on Delhomme...fingers, toes, eyes, etc.

Holmgren must've been really really really down on both Quinn and Anderson to pin his hopes on Delhomme and Wallace.

Interesting.

Curious that there is a COMPLETE turnover, with Browns' fans keeping their fingers crossed on Delhomme...fingers, toes, eyes, etc.

wow! well they are drafting a qb for sure.

....maybe we can trade them all or qb's and our 3rd for their 2nd round pick.. JOKING or am I????

any info on what year(s) & round(s) the picks are?

From ESPN.com: The Denver Broncos have acquired quarterback Brady Quinn from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for fullback Peyton Hillis, a sixth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

That was a dumb draft pick to begin with for the Browns, #22 overall, and Quinn and co. were shocked he lasted that long and was not a top ten pick! I remember Quinn saying it didn't matter that he was drafted that late because in the years to come his success would prove that he was a great pick, etc.

Kind of makes me feel better about the Losman pick for us. Well, not really. We wasted a lot more time and hopes on Losman than the Browns did on Quinn. Holmgren knows how to evaluate QBs. I like to think Gailey and co. do as well, at least a lot better than anyone else in the last 10 years for the Bills.

Kamerion Wimbley, another Browns first rounder, just got shipped out to Oakland.

Not sure how much sense that one makes, Wimbley was actually one of the few talented players Cleveland had on Defense.

Still though, you have to admire Holmgren stockpiling picks like this, he's clearly trying to re-make the Browns from the bottom up. Hopefully that image involves one Donte Whitner.

From ESPN.com: The Denver Broncos have acquired quarterback Brady Quinn from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for fullback Peyton Hillis, a sixth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

Huh.. I thought you weren't allowed to trade draft picks 2 years in advance.

That was a dumb draft pick to begin with for the Browns, #22 overall, and Quinn and co. were shocked he lasted that long and was not a top ten pick! I remember Quinn saying it didn't matter that he was drafted that late because in the years to come his success would prove that he was a great pick, etc.

Kind of makes me feel better about the Losman pick for us. Well, not really. We wasted a lot more time and hopes on Losman than the Browns did on Quinn. Holmgren knows how to evaluate QBs. I like to think Gailey and co. do as well, at least a lot better than anyone else in the last 10 years for the Bills.

the "and company" are the same guys that were here picking Losman and Edwards.

not sure why they will do any better this time around