Updated Salary Cap Figures

BillsVet

So we are 10 MM below the floor . Big whoop. The cap only takes into account those players that are under contract. Owens ate up 6.5 Mill of that difference , and Josh took care of the rest I am sure. So once we fill out the roster you will see Ralph is prudent but the bills over the last 10 years have had a payroll that should have resulted in more wins.

and those salaries you mentioned put them right at the floor which is no longer required so where do you think they will be this year?

once they fill out the roster? with what? sure wont be free agents and once they cut guys like Kelsay, Parrish and possibly Whitner where do you think their total will be?

Ralph is making as much money for his family as possible before he dies and they have to sell the team

The cuts are going to continue. Teams are now installing budgets in place of the cap. Those budgets will be tighter than any of the cap rules. I think the owners are trying to send a message.

Sounds like the owners are being smart unlike when they renewed the contract.

The NFL can not keep increasing in value with current climate and difficulty of selling seats.

The NFLPA made too many assumptions that increase rate in revenue would continue.

This is a story in progress, and I won't doubt some players may be let go down the road.

Bills contract per Rotoworld

These numbers are salary and certainly incomplete, but it's not a stretch to say guys like Whitner, Parrish, McCargo and Kelsay. The latter is due 3.7M this season, which would be a lot if he doesn't convert to OLB.

They all need to go.

I said it awhile ago. No more cap also means no minimum. With a lockout looming, owners can spend as little as they want on player salaries. Plus the Bills raised ticket prices. Plus teams stilll have to pay revenue sharing. Plus the Bills get money from New York State/Erie County every year. Plus the Toronto money. Plus the TV and merchandise money. Call it rebuilding, cut all the veterans, don't sign any free agents and Ralph stands to make a fortune just for 2010. If the Bills payroll is $60 million, I would be surprised. I will not be surprised when they go 1-15.

I said it awhile ago. No more cap also means no minimum. With a lockout looming, owners can spend as little as they want on player salaries. Plus the Bills raised ticket prices. Plus teams stilll have to pay revenue sharing. Plus the Bills get money from New York State/Erie County every year. Plus the Toronto money. Plus the TV and merchandise money. Call it rebuilding, cut all the veterans, don't sign any free agents and Ralph stands to make a fortune just for 2010. If the Bills payroll is $60 million, I would be surprised. I will not be surprised when they go 1-15.

My guess is payroll is under $75 mil.

The bloated contracts on the defense will be cut loose under the guise of not fitting into the new 3-4.

Gailey and his staff of college and CFL coaches was brought in to handle the young cheap talent that will be acquired this off-season.

Ralph will pocket the savings

Lousy Ralph, if only he'd go spend $130M a year like Oakland, Washington, and Chicago...

or the vikings, saints and cowboys..we're back to the necessary and sufficient condition...big spending appears necessary but not sufficient for on the field success in todays NFL

Suits me just fine, too.. I see no reason for mediocre at best starting WRs making an average salary of $7MM/season. (See: Antonio Bryant/contract)

The only thing worse than a mediocre wide receiver making $7 million per year is an above mediocre player making $9 million a year without a quarterback.

Wait, what's the problem with the salary cap figures again? With so few FA's this year, teams weren't going to be spending a lot of money anyway. I guess that's a reality that escaped some fans, as well as the players.