Javon Walker

Munch

I know he is 31, But I think he could bring some help here at the WR position, and likely wouldnt break the bank. He is not the Javon Walker of 5 years ago, but wouldnt hurt this offense having him around. He had worse QBs in Oakland than we had in Buffalo.

Thoughts?

I know he is 31, But I think he could bring some help here at the WR position, and likely wouldnt break the bank. He is not the Javon Walker of 5 years ago, but wouldnt hurt this offense having him around. He had worse QBs in Oakland than we had in Buffalo.

Thoughts?

no. we need to stop bringing in players that stunk it up on bad teams.

Thoughts?

I can't get excited about any receivers until we have a quarterback that can actually get them the ball.

Walker was with the group of Broncos when when Darrent Williams got shot. When it happened they said Williams handed his chain to Walker and told him to hold it for him. He then proceeded to watch him die before his very eyes. Javon has never been the same since. Word was he had contemplated retirement before last season, but decided to return. I think Walker may be done.

Thoughts?

Why do some people on TBD insist on constantly dumpster diving for players? Might as well bring in Ryan Leaf with him.

Thoughts?

No offense man, but you want us to bring in a guy that has totalled 41 receptions over the last 3 years, hasn't played more than 8 games in a single season since 2006, and hasn't reached the end zone since the Bush Administration?

I must humbly disagree.

a move like walker may have been done last year when all the FO cared about was selling tickets, but this year we actually have a guy that is more intrested in winning, and if we are going to bring in a old wr, i would prefer TO, to this dud.

Walker would be great here. Do you think he can bring bring brad lamb and Tim tindale with him? Our o would be unstoppable.

WOW.

I never said he was the answer, or going to start, simply that since we have no WRs, he might be a decent FA pickup. His QBs in Oakland were terrible. All I meant was if he was cheap enough why not give him a shot? If it doesnt work, then cut him. Risk is definitely worth the reward if he was cheap enough.

After the Darrent Williams murder, Javon Walker missed Williams' funeral even though Williams' mother made repeated attempts to contact Walker to persuade him to come to the funeral. Apparently he just couldn't deal with the whole scene.

Then there was the infamous incident in Las Vegas where Walker claimed to have been abducted before he was beaten and robbed. However, Walker left the hotel after the two men (who he had met earlier while partying), knocked at his room. Walker willingly left with the two men before being found about an hour later beaten and robbed. At best, Walker showed pretty poor judgement leaving his hotel room and going off early in the morning alone with two strangers. Carrying lots of money and wearing lots of expensive jewelry.

Javon Walker is being called one of the biggest busts in the history of free agency. In 2008 (after Williams' murder), Walker signed a 6 year, $55 million contract with $16 million guaranteed.

In parts of two injury-riddled seasons with the Raiders, Walker played in 11 games, starting 7, and repaid his guaranteed $16 million dollars bonus with 15 catches, 196 yards (13.1 ypr), and 1 touchdown.

WOW.

I never said he was the answer, or going to start, simply that since we have no WRs, he might be a decent FA pickup. His QBs in Oakland were terrible. All I meant was if he was cheap enough why not give him a shot? If it doesnt work, then cut him. Risk is definitely worth the reward if he was cheap enough.

It's nothing personal, walker is simply a trainwreck and probably won't be in the league next season. I'd rather see hardy and s Johnson out there....

Thoughts?

Character issues...Check. Injury prone...Check. Not a hard worker...Check. Has played for crappy quarterbacks recently...Check.

WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED HIM YET! :P