Tebow scores low on Wonderlic

major

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

This article talks about the wonderlic test that players take at the combine and how Tebow scored below average. Who cares? Dan Marino and Jim Kelly scored a 15 on the wonderlic and look how they turned out. On the other hand, Matt Leinart scored high on the wonderlic and look where that got him.

The combine becomes more irrelevant more every year.

This article talks about the wonderlic test that players take at the combine and how Tebow scored below average. Who cares? Dan Marino and Jim Kelly scored a 15 on the wonderlic and look how they turned out. On the other hand, Matt Leinart scored high on the wonderlic and look where that got him.

Interesting spin because every other article I've read says that his score doesn't give potential suitors anything to worry about. I think McCoy and Claussen both had similar scores as Tebow.

The combine "test scores" is not whats important. Its a learning process. A kid running fast or scoring high is certainly an indicator of things to come, but its an opportunity to learn about the kids on a different level. Do they prepare hard, do they respond to adversity, how do they interact with each other.... and yes, how fast do they run, how many reps can they bench, can they digest information for a test like the wonderlic.

Its like going into an interview for a new job, the person with the highest GPA in college isnt always the best, nor is the one that had an internship at the best company but its all elements in the overall process. These are all college kids going in for interviews, and in just so happens these are the processes they go through. Theres no one indicator that will predict success, but that doesnt mean the interview process is worthless or irrelevant to scouts.

Yeah, the wonderlic is pretty useless. It won't change his draft stock at all.

What a difference a season or two makes. I can recall the numerous threads bashing players in past years for low Wonderlic scores. Now it's irrelevant?

Good Call!

It makes me happy that Im better than Tebow at something.

What a difference a season or two makes. I can recall the numerous threads bashing players in past years for low Wonderlic scores. Now it's irrelevant?

Unless someone's scores are abnormally high or low, there isn't much use to the test.

Marino and Kelly could throw lasers through a target at 50 yards. That's why nobody cared about their Wonderlic scores.

Tebow has a lot to learn, and doesn't have the same physical gifts. A lower than average intelligence isn't going to help.

The combine sometimes reminds me of a bunch of guinea pigs in a lab being poked, pricked, and pryed at by scientific researchers lol

I mean anyone see that egg looking machine that measures their body fat mass or something?

I agree that it seems to be more useless every year.

Marino and Kelly could throw lasers through a target at 50 yards. That's why nobody cared about their Wonderlic scores.

Tebow has a lot to learn, and doesn't have the same physical gifts. A lower than average intelligence isn't going to help.

What is the wonderlic test prove?

How smart a player is? The only reason the test scores may make a difference is a low score may send off warning signals to a team that that player might have trouble learning the playbook

What is the wonderlic test prove?

How smart a player is? The only reason the test scores may make a difference is a low score may send off warning signals to a team that that player might have trouble learning the playbook

McKelvin had a 13 score. I still don't know if he is coachable.

The truth is that more of us are becoming responsible posters. We are actually doing some research. But I am wondering why this thread has not been closed it is old news and has already been discussed.

I usally reply to any Wonderlic post, particularly regarding QBs. I'm not going to restate all the info and data again but only this: the Wonderlic is by no means a predictor of guaranteed success. However, a low Wonderlic score by a QB does predict one thing: with statistical significance a QB with a low (sub 20 I believe the number is) will not win a Super Bowl. Sure, not all great QBs in Super Bowls, but the ones who do usually score at or above the reported scores of Tebow. I think Favre had the lowest Wonderlic of all the QBs whose scores I could find and who won a Super Bowl. I don't feel like digging up my data.

For me, someone who puts a lot of stock in intelligence, the Wonderlic for a QB is critical, as are the physical tools and track record.

A wonderlic of 22 is about an IQ of 104 ... average.