Trade Rumors/Ideas for Bills...

This was listed today on ESPN Insider NFL Rumors...anybody know what the "Wild Rumor" is all about?

Lynch for a fourth?

4:13PM ET

Marshawn Lynch | Bills

A wild rumor sends the Bills' workhorse to the Golden State.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359445-...nts-should-make

Indianapolis Colts Potential Trade: Get a safety if they lose Bethea in free agency. A safety target is Donte Whitner.

New York Jets Potential Trade: At running back there is LenDale White and Marshawn Lynch.

Baltimore Ravens Potential Trade: The Ravens have several trade chips they can cash in as they have some flexibility at left tackle in Jared Gaither, due to the emergence of Michael Oher, and with an unhappy quarterback in Troy Smith, who wants to be a starter elsewhere. A number of teams need a left tackle so Baltimore should be actively looking to see what they could gain in return for him.

Arizona Cardinals Potential Trade: Who will back up unproven Matt Leinart at quarterback? The Cardinals will probably want to acquire an insurance policy for QB, in the event that Leinart flops. They could talk to the Eagles about their surplus of QB's, or look at Rams QB Marc Bulger, who should be released in the near future. Another team with a surplus of QBs is in Buffalo, where either Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick could serve as a backup.

San Diego Chargers Potential Trade: Not sure what San Diego would be willing to give up to bring Marshawn Lynch back to California, but that could be one move that would make sense with just Darren Sproles left in the backfield.

*Which of those teams would you trade with and what would the trade be???

I would trade a 4th to the Jets for WR Brad Smith.

I would trade Whitner to the Colts for a 4th and a 7th.

I would trade our 1st round pick and a conditional 5th that could turn into a 4th, to the Ravens for Gaither and Smith.

I would trade Fitzpatrick to the Cardinals for a 6th and a 7th.

I would trade Lynch to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson or Shawn Merriman.

I would trade Lynch to the Jets for a 4th and WR Brad Smith.

I would trade our 1st round pick and a conditional 5th that could turn into a 4th, to the Ravens for Gaither and Smith.

I wouldn't trade Lynch in division, and didn't it say something regarding him going to the "Golden State."

Sounds fine for Whitner

I woudn't trade #9 for Gaither, I would trade #41 however.

Fitzy or Edwards can go for free for all I care.

I wouldn't trade Lynch in division, and didn't it say something regarding him going to the "Golden State."

Sounds fine for Whitner

I woudn't trade #9 for Gaither, I would trade #41 however.

Fitzy or Edwards can go for free for all I care.

Yeah, I changed it...

I would now trade Lynch to the Chargers for Jackson or Merriman.

I would then trade the 4th from the Whitner trade to the Jets for Brad Smith.

I would like to keep edwards for our upcoming QB battle.. fitz was a bad signing from day 1 take what we can get

We should keep lynch, you can't have a good team without 2 running backs now adays (would never trade him in the division if we wanted to unload him)

Trading Whitner for a 4th and 7th would be a dream come true

#9 is a steep price. I would prefer like a 2nd round pick this year and next year

Why trade Whitner, Lynch and a QB? We need depth at safety, RB and the QB we trade will probably be the wrong one...that is...the right one for AZ. Trade those guys and we're hoping our extra 4th or 7th rounders can replace our former high pick.

You build a team by KEEPING the most talented and we don't have the amount of talent that we can trade our good guys. Stop with the "all change is good" fantasy trades.

Why trade Whitner, Lynch and a QB? We need depth at safety, RB and the QB we trade will probably be the wrong one...that is...the right one for AZ. Trade those guys and we're hoping our extra 4th or 7th rounders can replace our former high pick.

You build a team by KEEPING the most talented and we don't have the amount of talent that we can trade our good guys. Stop with the "all change is good" fantasy trades.

If you read my posts...I DON'T want to trade Lynch OR Whitner.

But they are rumored trades...so I am just playing along.

I like Lynch more than Jackson...and I like Whitner WAY MORE than Scott and/or Wilson and I think Whitner will have his best year of his career so far in the new 3-4. I also think Lynch will return to Pro-Bowl form under Gailey and Modkins.

I like Lynch more than Jackson...and I like Whitner WAY MORE than Scott and/or Wilson and I think Whitner will have his best year of his career so far in the new 3-4. I also think Lynch will return to Pro-Bowl form under Gailey and Modkins.

Yeah, lets not trade mediocre backups when we don't have quality starters.

This was listed today on ESPN Insider NFL Rumors...anybody know what the "Wild Rumor" is all about?

Lynch for a fourth?

Marshawn Lynch | Bills

Indianapolis Colts Potential Trade: Get a safety if they lose Bethea in free agency. A safety target is Donte Whitner.

New York Jets Potential Trade: At running back there is LenDale White and Marshawn Lynch.

Baltimore Ravens Potential Trade: The Ravens have several trade chips they can cash in as they have some flexibility at left tackle in Jared Gaither, due to the emergence of Michael Oher, and with an unhappy quarterback in Troy Smith, who wants to be a starter elsewhere. A number of teams need a left tackle so Baltimore should be actively looking to see what they could gain in return for him.

Arizona Cardinals Potential Trade: Who will back up unproven Matt Leinart at quarterback? The Cardinals will probably want to acquire an insurance policy for QB, in the event that Leinart flops. They could talk to the Eagles about their surplus of QB's, or look at Rams QB Marc Bulger, who should be released in the near future. Another team with a surplus of QBs is in Buffalo, where either Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick could serve as a backup.

San Diego Chargers Potential Trade: Not sure what San Diego would be willing to give up to bring Marshawn Lynch back to California, but that could be one move that would make sense with just Darren Sproles left in the backfield.

I would not trade Lynch for less than a 3rd round value.

Whitner trade would be tempting if there 4th was not the equivalent of a 5th same as the Jets.

I would not trade our #9 overall.

Fitz deal is good.

I wish we could get either one of them. I would give Lynch and a 3rd for Jackson.

In conclusion your either completely screwing us or in the last deal being unrealistic.

Whitner for a 4th and 7th seems a bit low to me. He has more value than that IMO, so that would be dissapointing.

I would trade our 2nd for and a conditional 5th that could turn into a 4th for Gaither and Smith, but not the 9th pick.

I would trade Fitz or Trent for whatever we could get to AZ

I would love to see a trade of Lynch to SD for either Vincent or Merriman.

By far, my favorite scenario would be sending Lynch to SD for either Vincent or Merriman. Losing Whitner for just a 4th and a 7th to me doesnt help our team.

Lynch for a fourth?

Marshawn Lynch | Bills

Sorry in advance for no links...just stuff I've read that wouldn't come as a shock to anyone:

If we were to trade Lynch, I think itwould be best to attempt to ship him off to Baltimore or San Diego in return for their respective OT's Gaither & McNeill.

1st Baltimore: Didn't really get what they've wanted out of McGahee. Shows flashes, but remains inconsistent at best. Baltimore tendered Gaither with a 1st, not 1st & 3rd, which opens the door to deal him. It's been reported that someone could potentially work out a deal for something less than a first. I think, a straight up trade could benefit both sides

2nd San Diego: More of a stretchcuz it doesn't look like they have anyone on their roster to step in @ LT, but looks like they will be in desperate need of a RB, and for what its worth, Lynch is a good back and could step in as their starter with Sproles spelling him.

Either scenario opens up our draft to taking top talent rather than the best guy at positions of need. :unsure:

Lynch is worth more than a 4th

I disagree. I think everyone thinks he's worth more, but he's never cracked 1500 yards, he had a poor campaign last season, and has off field problems. I'm not saying their isn't potential there, all I'm saying the numbers are the numbers and the facts are the facts. Potential at this position doesn't lead to much in trade value because lots of running backs have potential.

You're not stupid for thinking this, and if by more than a 4th you mean a 3rd, sure there's at least a conversation there, but others think he's worth a 2nd and I think that's ludicrous.

My sincere apologies.... I was thrown off when you started that "I would trade" section and Lynch and Whitner were mentioned.

Does anyone else here feel like puking when they realize we are talking about taking 2 or our first round draft picks of the last 5 years and hoping we can get 4th round picks for them in return? Whitner was a top 10 pick and Marshwn was a top 15. At this point in their careers thier value should be at its peak - young but with some real expereince under their belts, and we sit here with fingers crossed hoping we can get a second day draft pick for each.

How about taking our starting QB and hoping we can get a 6th or 7th for him?

If that doesn't tell you how piss poor this organization is at drafting and acquiring talent and why we could be another decade away from another playoff appearance I don't know what else does....

Am I really supposed to be excited about free agency and the draft with the Buffalo Bills again? Can anyone tell me why? Oh yeah, new group calling the shots this year - it'll be different - promise.....