Conspiracy theory regarding the Bills

How many times does this have to be said? The reason we are not signing FA's is the same reason most of the other teams aren't. The available FA pool this year is shallow, due to all the tender offers that were available to teams. There have only been 2-3 free agents available that would be top free agents regardless of the CBA situation. Most teams have decided to keep their picks instead of signing tendered players.

In addition the second and third tear FA's are still out there. The market is determining their value as we speak.

If you disagree, list the top ten free agents you wish we would have signed.

Common sense? How dare you! :rolleyes:

Getting rid of expensive players and loading up on draft choices might add value to the team for a new buyer- or it could just be a good idea period- If I was GM I'd probably get rid of as many of the older more expensive players as I could, I'd look for trades if possible even those couple years down the line the Pats- but if I couldn't trade I'd cut.

First, don't you think the Bills are still stinging from the Langston Walker / Derrick Dockery free agent signings?

I think they are, and would like to be more frugal and make wiser decisions about who they sign.

The Bills already addressed a RT position and signed a seasoned vet who can bring some leadership to this very inexperienced line. You gotta know that they need to address the LT position in the draft with that #9 pick.

Second, the Chan Gailey hiring was all from Buddy Nix, he needed somebody he could trust to run the team the way he wants. We all need to wait and see what kind of team Gailey puts on the field before we crucify him.

Third, My take is Nix wants to rebuild the team mostly from the draft and not from other teams rejects. Lets face facts, if a player was really that good then why would the team let them leave in free agency...they wouldn't and they don't!

Occam's Razor.

The simplest explanation is that we aren't signing any free agents because everyone realizes we are going to be bad anyway, so we are going to save money for when it might actually be put to better use.

Good point. Unfortunately, "better use" in Wilson's vocabulary means not spending it on the Bills.

First, don't you think the Bills are still stinging from the Langston Walker / Derrick Dockery free agent signings?

I think they are, and would like to be more frugal and make wiser decisions about who they sign.

The Bills already addressed a RT position and signed a seasoned vet who can bring some leadership to this very inexperienced line. You gotta know that they need to address the LT position in the draft with that #9 pick.

Second, the Chan Gailey hiring was all from Buddy Nix, he needed somebody he could trust to run the team the way he wants. We all need to wait and see what kind of team Gailey puts on the field before we crucify him.

Third, My take is Nix wants to rebuild the team mostly from the draft and not from other teams rejects. Lets face facts, if a player was really that good then why would the team let them leave in free agency...they wouldn't and they don't!

After Dockery and Walker, Buffalo signed Kawika Mitchell and Spencer Johnson to moderate contracts the following year in 2008, committing a total of 35M to those players. They traded for Marcus Stroud in that same off-season, thus assuming a decent sized contract.

Seasoned vet versus over-the-hill and highly penalized OT for the Raiders? Cornell Green is not a guaranteed fix for their RT hole. And no, the team could go NT in Round 1 and then hope another LT prospect falls into the second round. Perhaps the kid from Hillsdale College, I don't know.

The Gailey hiring was an emergency move made when the franchise was being rejected left and right. They needed someone to take the job by the point Chan was hired. He was not even close to being their first choice.

The Occam's Razor point cannot be trumpeted enough. Build up that bank account RW.

the Bills are walking the correcct path at this time.

they are not going to be very good for the next 1, probably 2 seasons. But they will stock up on linemen and linebackers in this draft. Next year we will take Locker or another top QB and probably a WR or 2.

at tht point the FAs will be brought in to complement the established core.

the Bills are walking the correcct path at this time.

they are not going to be very good for the next 1, probably 2 seasons. But they will stock up on linemen and linebackers in this draft. Next year we will take Locker or another top QB and probably a WR or 2.

at tht point the FAs will be brought in to complement the established core.

Established core of recent draft picks?

I am very optimistic about last years draft and our coaching staff. the players are on board with the staff and thats 1/2 the battle in the NFL. We have young talent and will have free agency ...next year to fill key holes. The future of the Bills is looking good and this year we just might be a surprise team. So yes ... we are rebuilding but its only going to be one year. Sit back and enjoy watching this team develop because there are future stars on the team learning on the job....

I agree that this team is putting the pieces together , I am convinced he will go to work on both sides of the line in next year's draft. We have very young players that are locked up, and this organization finally has a vision. Exciting times!

These were posted in 2006.

Well, there is that. But I don't think the owners want it to be uncapped forever, save a few teams. I think most teams want there to be a cap. In this case, I think jones/snyder are going to be in the miniority.

This isn't going to be small market vs big market. I think it is going to be owners vs players, which is a whole other discussion.

I think it will be a UNITED owners vs players. Danny Snyder, other than hiring a big-name coach has done nothing in FA so far. He isn't spending either