likely nightmare draft scenario

I know I'm all by myself but I like Trent Williams better than Davis

think I saw Trent Williams higher than Davis in some mock drafts, for what it;s worth.

David dropping steadily

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis is a possibility, I love the kids upside. Don't get worked up about the Tebow pick it is not going to happen. We will take OT,NT in 1 and 2. If they really want to evaluate what we have they have to stabilize both sides of the ball. Stabilization starts at the point of attack in other words in the trenches.

From everything I have heard the Bills Brass say I am thinking the first two picks are going to be spent on the lines. After that I'm really interested to see how much of Polian , and Butler has rubbed off on Nicks. After those first two we may get a Who is that ? , and a where did this guy come from ? That being said I have to put my faith in the talent evaluators. To get the best guys to fill our immediate needs in some cases, and players that are able to be developed are also a priority. Bottom line is we will not know anything more than predictions before the OTAs , and training camp come around. JMO

If no Bulagua or Okung, grab Dan Williams. At least we would fill a major hole with the best available NT. I don't care if 9 is too high for him.

I could get behind Tebow in round 2. He has everything you want in a QB except the throwing motion. Leadership, toughness, size, scrambling ability (he'll need it behind this OL), won big games etc. He even has a decent arm for the Buffalo winds. Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

this has always been my thinking. im not a pure need or BPA drafter. it HAS to be a combination.

and it's my opinion that the BEST LB will help us more than the 3rd or 4th OT.

I wouldn't want an inside backer unless he was as good as Patrick Willis. Those players are rare. The last one was Ray Lewis. I wouldn't want an outside linebacker unless he was an excellent pass rusher. Last year everyone agreed we needed a pass rusher. A year later with Maybin having proven nothing and Schobel on the verge of retirement, why is it that no one seems to think we need a pass rusher this year?

I hope we can trade down. Some team may be desperate for a WR and would trade up to take Dez Bryant. I do feel this mock draft is highly likely with both QB gone and Bulaga gone.

In a worst case scenario, I too pray that we have a trading partner. Suddenly a lot of the players we don't like at #9 would be very appealing at say, #15 or #19.

I like McClain, but at least we already have 2 starters at ILB.

Take Dan Williams NT if dont want Davis

With the 9th pick I would take McClain in a heartbeat. He will blow Poz and Mitchell away in no time.

If McClain is gone and I had to have Williams I would try to trade down from 9.

If no Bulagua or Okung, grab Dan Williams. At least we would fill a major hole with the best available NT. I don't care if 9 is too high for him.

I could get behind Tebow in round 2. He has everything you want in a QB except he never takes snaps from center and his the throwing motion is completely unsound and will require a serious adjustment to play in the NFL. Leadership, toughness, size, scrambling ability (he'll need it behind this OL), won big games etc. He even has a decent arm for the Buffalo winds. Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

No way anyone drafts Tebow before the third round...

I don't think there is a chance he lasts to the third round. Someone is giving that guy a chance and I have no problem if it is us, especially in the 2nd.

dude, wtf?!? just saw this in another thread. get your story straight.

It's ok, Doc D.. Darth can't answer your question.. I mean, if both Bradford and Clausen are selected prior to our #9 pick, he will have jumped off a bridge, before we're on the clock. So, it's a moot point. :wallbash:

Yeah make sure we add an ILB when we have no NT... :wallbash:

What if they think McClain compares to Ray Lewis and they take his chubby team mate in the 2nd or another NT in the 3rd? I doubt it's going to happen, but if they see Ray Lewis, who cares who else is available?

If the Bills are that worried about getting Dan Williams I think they can trade down and still get him. There's better players than him at #9. Picking Williams at #9 is like picking Whitner again---overreaching for need.

I actually think Stroud, Williams, and Spencer Johnson could do a respectable job in the meantime. I'm more worried about converted DE's at OLB trying to handle passing downs.