I'M WAITING.....I'M STILL WAITING.........

Still Waiting for this current Braintrust to bring in some Free Agents, at least for visits........every other team is looking at available palyers and so far we have brought in 1 average offensive lineman from Kansas City.......What the Hell Buddy, what are you waiting for them to call you??? and beg you to let them play for Buffalo???

Your new regime is off to a great start in Free agency......QB still up in the air, 2 OT on the roster, NO NT and we are going to 3-4.......unloaded any WR depth we had...........

Buddy, Chan & the Gang.......GET with it, Free Agency opened last Friday and the draft is 6 weeks away........they will not just fall off the plane...........call some of those San Diego guys, pick up the Baltimore LT for a 1st rounder, proven talent, anything for God's sake show us you have a pulse.....Ralph is asking for down payments for season tickets and from what 've been told sales are EXTREMELY SLOW!

Hope you are not going anywhere too quickly. This team is not going to be making any splashes when it comes to FA.

Nor should they. Few clubs are. With the CBA hitting the bricks, the pool is small, and the available players are somewhat "grey". Older vets are getting axed. Better to re-sign what you already have, IMO.

OK. The free agents aren't good and overpaid. Where the heck does that leave the Bills in 2010? They weren't nearly good enough last year and had absolutley no depth. How many guys aren't coming back already? 5 or 6 at least. QB is undecided. Thin at WR and OL. Switching to a 3-4 and were already thin at LB, have DT's but no true NT. Ummmm......the draft? That's 7 or 8 picks. I can't believe they aren't going to sign at least 2 or 3 free agents. Doesn't have to be splashy. Just average. They will end up with undrafted rookies and guys picked off the scrap heap. Way it's going now, they won't have a full roster for camp. Not with anyone decent anyway. Great way to rebuild. I think the are going to take a serious run at tying the Lions 0-16 and I hope they do. Jake Locker should be the #1 pick in 2011. Tank 2010. Sit out 2011 and come back in 2012. Sounds like Ralph & Co's plan. Just make sure you renew your season tickets, you will be a witness to infamy.

Still Waiting for this current Braintrust to bring in some Free Agents, at least for visits........every other team is looking at available palyers and so far we have brought in 1 average offensive lineman from Kansas City.......What the Hell Buddy, what are you waiting for them to call you??? and beg you to let them play for Buffalo???

Your new regime is off to a great start in Free agency......QB still up in the air, 2 OT on the roster, NO NT and we are going to 3-4.......unloaded any WR depth we had...........

Buddy, Chan & the Gang.......GET with it, Free Agency opened last Friday and the draft is 6 weeks away........they will not just fall off the plane...........call some of those San Diego guys, pick up the Baltimore LT for a 1st rounder, proven talent, anything for God's sake show us you have a pulse.....Ralph is asking for down payments for season tickets and from what 've been told sales are EXTREMELY SLOW!

Take a deep breath and relax. We are rebuilding. This free agent class is the weakest I've seen in years and the Bills FO is smart ,IMO, for not overpaying for mediocre players who most likely will never live up to their contracts. Managment/Coaching should mainly be focused on securing a solid draft this year , let those players and our 2nd year pros mature , then next offseason add the key free agents. Overpaying for so so players is not the answer to accomplish sustained success.

Did you even know who Wade Smith was before last week?

nope. I dont really keep too much track of OL depth guys on other teams.

But I did know before last week that we need OL depth guys, and he sounds like he fits the bill.

No reason to have a meltdown.

Check out what SI.com's Peter King has to say about the topic of free agency:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...ency/index.html

You might find the opening 7 paragraphs rather interesting...

Thanks for the link bandit! Great article and I hope all the "sky is falling" posters on this page take the time to read it and to calm the Hell down. This is a time for patience and smarts and we gotta give Buddy the benefit of the doubt.

Let's see...Buddy says build through the draft and then supplement with free agents. So knock off the whining. The FO has a better grasp on things than you.

please read:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1302496...overlist_footer

basically talks about this yr's FA's are not as good as usual, getting overpaid.

Altho, I would like to see Wade Smith sign.

I just love this quote...

Smartest move

Teams that sat out the first couple of days on the sidelines were the smartest of them all. Most of these players are on the market for a reason. There is no way you should be overpaying for good players with great money. Teams that draft well -- see Steelers and Colts -- don't need to dive into the free-agency pool -- or pond, as it may be.

Thanks for the link bandit! Great article and I hope all the "sky is falling" posters on this page take the time to read it and to calm the Hell down. This is a time for patience and smarts and we gotta give Buddy the benefit of the doubt.

No problemo.

Here's my take:

I just think Nix and Whaley have a signifcantly different vision of how they're going to put this team together than many on this board (which, to me, is quite a relief). Honestly, if you're a team like Buffalo, that realistically won't be a Superbowl (or in all likelihood a playoff) contender in 2010, then what is the point in throwing big $$ at a limited FA class, especially when taking into account the notion that there may not even be a season in 2011?

My guess is that FA activity across the league will die down in the next 5-7 days, and Buffalo will go bargain hunting. Perhaps try to add a few role players at supplementary positions like WR, TE, ILB, backup interior OL, and maybe a 5-tech DE. Then they'll spend the vast majority of their draft picks on the key positions for the future like (in no particular order) QB, OL, NT, and rush LB (absolutely critical to a solid 3-4).

Can't say I totally disagree with the philosophy...

Just my 1 cent.

Along your line of thinking, I'm waiting for us to sign a big name QB, WR, or RB in this year's draft. Even though we are rebuilding, we still have to put butts in seats; therefore, I do look for us to sign someone like a Tebow to generate revenue (jersey sales, etc...).

You obviously haven't paid attention to Nix, Gailey or Whaley. They have all said the Bills would be built through the draft not FA. FA would be lower tiered guys to fill specific roles. If you listened you wouldn't be on the board cryin' right now. Besides, who, worth the money, would you have them sign?

No problemo.

Here's my take:

I just think Nix and Whaley have a signifcantly different vision of how they're going to put this team together than many on this board (which, to me, is quite a relief). Honestly, if you're a team like Buffalo, that realistically won't be a Superbowl (or in all likelihood a playoff) contender in 2010, then what is the point in throwing big $$ at a limited FA class, especially when taking into account the notion that there may not even be a season in 2011?

My guess is that FA activity across the league will die down in the next 5-7 days, and Buffalo will go bargain hunting. Perhaps try to add a few role players at supplementary positions like WR, TE, ILB, backup interior OL, and maybe a 5-tech DE. Then they'll spend the vast majority of their draft picks on the key positions for the future like (in no particular order) QB, OL, NT, and rush LB (absolutely critical to a solid 3-4).

Can't say I totally disagree with the philosophy...

Just my 1 cent.

Agreed.